Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one of Charlotte's middle names though so I suspect they won't use Elizabeth again, but who knows?
They could honor her by using one of her middle names - my guess would be Mary as it fits right in with the other two names' Hanoverian flavor.

S/he could have an official name, and a name s/he goes by with family. Kind of like Henry/Harry. :) They could go with "Elizabeth" and call her one of any number of nicknames.

I'm expecting to see 'Victoria Caroline' or 'Mary Caroline' or vice versa as middle names for a girl, not that I've ever been right. Still hoping for Alice, Helene/a, Cecelia for first names. It's still nice to be surprised when they chose something completely different.

I see nothing wrong with Olga. It's beautiful royal name. And it's actually British royal name: one of queen Mary's middle names was Olga.

Her full name was Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes. All these names can be used for the Cambridge baby.

Nothing wrong with the name but that it ISNT a British royal name. It was given to Mary by the Duke and Duchess of Teck, who had no idea at the time the daughter who they included it as one of her middle names, would one day marry into the British royal family. Just as Rachel will not be a royal name simply due to Meghan marrying into the family.

Same goes for Edwina. Lovely name, but not a royal name. The name of Philip's Uncle's wife, not a member of the royal family.

S/he could have an official name, and a name s/he goes by with family. Kind of like Henry/Harry. :) They could go with "Elizabeth" and call her one of any number of nicknames.

Considering they have already honored Elizabeth, no need to do so again, especially reusing the same name. Plenty of other family members to honor.

Lilian has nothing to do with Lillibet. in the 19th C Lily was often used as a nickname for Elizabeth but over time it began to be given as a flower name when the flower names became popular later in the 19th C. I don't think the RF will have a princess Lilian... there's nothing to stotp them giving a second daughter Elizabeth as a second name... or Alexandra or Mary, the queen's other names...But it does look as if everyone's expecting Alice for a girl.. I'd like to think they'd opt for Alice Mary Catherine..

Well, the most popular possible name for baby Willliam was George. And... he wasn't called that.

I don't recall George being suggested for William... but when little George was born, I felt that it was the most likely name.. and I was right...

my guess
Prince Michael Arthur James
date of birth : April 21,2018

If they don’t chose Michael we will never know if it’s because they like the name but didn’t take it because of the other prince or because they just didn’t like that name.

:previous: We most definitely won't know if the child is a girl. :D

I like the name Princess Claire Marie Victoria.......

That's true; I did consider that when posting but just wanted to highlight that Olga is not totally out of the blue for the Cambridges.

HereditaryPrincess, I am glad that you mentioned Olga again.
Everyone seems to have overlooked Princess Victoria, who was the second daughter of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra. Her name was Victoria Alexandra Olga Mary.

Diana, Charles, Elizabeth and Carole have all been honoured with the first two children.

If it’s a boy it’s likely they’ll honour Philip and/or Michael.

But then again, with George, they haven’t honoured any living relatives, so quite likely they won’t with baby #3.

I’m still hoping for a Philip or Victoria/Alice

I can't wait until we know the actual name, and ask did anyone on the forum get it right!!
Has anyone even come close before???

I can't wait until we know the actual name, and ask did anyone on the forum get it right!!

That's what i'm looking forward to find out too ?

So many names have been suggested that someone is bound to have hit on the right one. :flowers:

So many names have been suggested that someone is bound to have hit on the right one. :flowers:
Unless they go with a very different name. I don't think anyone suggested Estelle or Adrianne in the Swedish royals thread :whistling: But William and Catherine are very traditional with names, so I think it will be a predictable choice.

Lots of people. George was number 1 at the bookies for a boy the first time around. And Charlotte was in top three for a girl. One of Kate’s blogs ran a poll on names during her second pregnancy and the votes from 1-3 were – Charlotte Elizabeth Diana:ROFLMAO:

The Cambridges have been nothing if not predictable namers, so far. I keep hoping for a surprise this time.

Diana, Charles, Elizabeth and Carole have all been honoured with the first two children.

If it’s a boy it’s likely they’ll honour Philip and/or Michael.

But then again, with George, they haven’t honoured any living relatives, so quite likely they won’t with baby #3.

I’m still hoping for a Philip or Victoria/Alice

More precisely, they've all been honored with child #2 :D (as you point out in your third sentence).

If a boy, I'm still hoping for Philip Henry James but don't think it is likely... Based on current popularity (as with George and Charlotte) 'prince Alfred' (nicknamed Alfie) wouldn't surprise me (but not a fan). Arthur and Albert are of course the other likely royal 'A'-name choices but not popular.

If a girl, I'm not so sure what to hope or expect. Alice was the favorite for Charlotte, so maybe this time?
Helena would be a nice royal alternative but not in the top-100 of popular baby names;
Matilda is, but I prefer a name that isn't currently in use by a queen.
Jane has royal history, is the name of one of William's aunts and I like the name but again not popular nowadays.
Cecilia would be a nice nod to the duke of Edinburgh's sister and a true royal name that isn't too much in use currently in Europe.
Would princess Olivia (or Olive) be out of the question? I don't believe it has royal history but is a variation on the name of Catherine's great-grandmother, Olive Middleton, née Lupton. And it is the most popular girl's name according to this link.
My suggestions for middle names: Frances Mary (both names present in both families)

Last edited:
For a Prince use Bruce as a middle name. Robert de Bruce ruled Scotland as King Robert I from 1306 to 1329.
For a Princess use Davina as a middle name.

Might this be true? ;)

Royal baby: Prince William may have spilled the beans on sex of baby No. 3
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/royal-baby-prince-william-may-164948926.html

Did Prince William spill the beans on the sex of his third child with Kate Middleton?

The soon-to-be father of three was celebrating soccer team Aston Villa's win on Tuesday when he made the remark that turned heads. After Aston Villa player Jack Grealish scored the game-winning goal, William said “I’m going to insist the baby is called Jack," After a brief pause, he continued, "... or Jackie."

Now that would be a great name: Prince John but call him Jack! :flowers:

Last edited:
LOL they say they don't know....but who knows!

LaRae

Poor guy...it's all getting to him! lol

LaRae

HereditaryPrincess, I am glad that you mentioned Olga again.
Everyone seems to have overlooked Princess Victoria, who was the second daughter of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra. Her name was Victoria Alexandra Olga Mary.

There is a bit more lee-way in names when middle names.

Victoria was, as was common back then, named for her godparents and her mother.
-Victoria: her grandmother who was also her godmother
-Alexandra: her mother
-Olga: Queen Olga of Greece, Alexandra's sister in law, another godmother
-Mary: Princess Mary Adelaide of Cambridge, another godmother

She also had 2 godmothers named Marie which was a variation of Mary. The only godmother she isn't named for was the dowager queen of Denmark. They did the same with their other children. With the exception of Maude.

I notice people mentioned Alexandra of Kent. While Alexandr'a first name is for Queen Alexandra, and Cristobel is her birthdate, the rest are for her mother's family. Her grandmother Princess Helena of Greece (Princess Nicholas) and her two aunts, Countess Elizabeth and Princess Olga of Yugoslavia.

For a Prince use Bruce as a middle name. Robert de Bruce ruled Scotland as King Robert I from 1306 to 1329.
For a Princess use Davina as a middle name.

If they do go Scottish, Robert is far more likely then Bruce. And I don't see them using Davina, if going to use it, will use the masculine David.

Let's hope we will not be compelled to "look forward" till May 15.

Never known a doctor to let a pregnancy go 2 weeks past the due date. Due date some time in April.

Still leaning towards a due date mid April, though possibly delivering late.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom