Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in 21st century, time to put away these stupid superstitions.
Prince John was,in some ways, harmed by the fate (disablility) and now, after nearly 100 years after his death, it would be a high time to honor his memory.
It's also the name of William's grandfather, whom he surely loved and cherished.
Otherwise, John is a biblical name, it means: "Yahweh is Gracious".

On another note, we have the British royal family in the 21st century taking measures to actively get involved in bringing things that used to be swept under the table and not mentioned in "polite society" to the forefront and campaign to get awareness and support behind getting people to feel comfortable in seeking help with whatever problems they may have. I'd be hard pressed to think that they'd feel the name John would be "unlucky". They're too informed and educated for that.

Maybe so but we have never seen W&K being pot stirs about such traditions... They named their other children from the usual royal panoply of names so I can't see them naming a baby anything even a bit out there, superstitious and old fashioned as the stigma of a Prince John is. And the Queen may not agree in any course so that is to be considered as well. That said a girl could be named Joan or Joanna if they want go that with Both being long unused but perfectly respectably royal names with a sturdy history.

Alexander and Alexandra are my two bits!

Maybe so but we have never seen W&K being pot stirs about such traditions... They named their other children from the usual royal panoply of names so I can't see them naming a baby anything even a bit out there, superstitious and old fashioned as the stigma of a Prince John is. And the Queen may not agree in any course so that is to be considered as well. That said a girl could be named Joan or Joanna if they want go that with Both being long unused but perfectly respectably royal names with a sturdy history.
Of course they wont go for anything unusual and I'd say taht they would avoid John, because of the queen who would problaby dislike the idea. they are restricted in what they can call children, esp boys. Partly because they DONT want to use names that are in use already.. and there is a narrower "stock" of names for boys than girls.
but they could go for Alexander, I would think, as while there are a couple of cousins, there's no Prince Alex. and its a name that can have a lot of variants and diminutives ..
Still I never expect any "thinking even slightly outside the box" from Will and Kate.

Alexander is George's second name, so I would hope they'd be slightly more creative than using one of the three boy names they've already used for their eldest son.

Let's say they don't use any taken name even concerning the distant cousins such as Chattos that leaves precisely one feasible royal boy name: Alfred. Unless they use that or go wayy back on back to Edmund or Edwin or Stephen they are going to have to repeat someone's name.

Then again they may get through this pregnancy and name the kid Theodore Horatio Enrico and it would signify THE end. My mother-in-law at the time suggested that during my pregnancy with my youngest while I was suffering morning sickness. It made me laugh. :D

Let's say they don't use any taken name even concerning the distant cousins such as Chattos that leaves precisely one feasible royal boy name: Alfred. Unless they use that or go wayy back on back to Edmund or Edwin or Stephen they are going to have to repeat someone's name.

Wel they COULD go way bak to medieval times. names are often revivied. Harry was an "old and forgotten" variant of Henry, when P Harry was born. Or they could go for some upper class type of name, that is new in the RF. But I don't think they have much imagination. They could go for something like Antony, or Robert or Rupert.. or even Sebastian...

Princess Amelia would be adorable!

Wel they COULD go way bak to medieval times. names are often revivied. Harry was an "old and forgotten" variant of Henry, when P Harry was born. Or they could go for some upper class type of name, that is new in the RF. But I don't think they have much imagination. They could go for something like Antony, or Robert or Rupert.. or even Sebastian...

That would be true if Harry was in fact simply Prince Harry, but he is Henry. Harry is simply a nickname. Using a nickname that goes way back is a bit different then a given name.

I would love to see them go way back, but based on George and Charlotte, I don't expect them to get too distant into the tree.

Given as both George and Charlotte are names of William's first cousins on the Spencer side, I don't think William and Kate too fussed by using names already in use.

I would be a little surprised if they used Philippa, James, or Henry/Harry just because they're names of siblings, but I wouldn't rule out names of cousins.

Then I'm hoping for James or Philip. I'd love to see a bit of boundary-stretching if it's a girl, something imaginative, though I do like Helen(a) and Alexandra.

If they don't mind repeating names, they should go with Prince Michael, after Kate's father.

They do have much more leeway with female names, since there are quite a few not used currently.

I wouldn't rule out Michael at all. :flowers:

The only names I'd rule out family wise, are the ones who are in the same generation per say as the new baby. And even then only in senior royals. We have seen names used by the Spencers, and by the more extended Windsors (George) are not eliminated. I'd rule out James as James Wessex is a child, and close family member. Naming a child after, or with the same name as William's grandfather, or his grandmother's cousin in case of Michael, is a different matter. No one is going to be confused which Philip or Michael you are speaking about.

Joanna could be seen in the family as honouring the Duke of Edinburgh's niece who lost her parents & siblings in an air crash in the 1930's but died only a few years later of, I think, Meningitis.:princess3:

Another name that may be a very traditional family name and tickle the Queen all shades of pink is to name a baby daughter Margaret Rose. It might be really sweet to have a little princess Maggie running around.

I am still leaning towards Philip as a first name if its a boy.

Another name that may be a very traditional family name and tickle the Queen all shades of pink is to name a baby daughter Margaret Rose. It might be really sweet to have a little princess Maggie running around.

I am still leaning towards Philip as a first name if its a boy.

I don't think Margaret Rose would be a very nice name for a new princess. Not after all the bad publicity lately about how awful she was in real life. Better to just leave that name for Margaret's children to use, if they want. They already have Margarita, which is a cute variant.

I also don't think there will be a Philip or Phillipa or Alice. This is the third child. Time to think a bit outside the box, in my opinion. Of course, I would probably think any name is adorable. I think we all get use to names. I remember hating Beatrice and Eugenie. Now I think they're lovely names and suit both girls.

I don't think Margaret Rose would be a very nice name for a new princess. Not after all the bad publicity lately about how awful she was in real life. Better to just leave that name for Margaret's children to use, if they want. They already have Margarita, which is a cute variant.

You meant grandchildren, didn't you? Her children are middle-aged already and done having babies; Lady Sarah Chatto is 53 years old, her sister-in-law, the Countess of Snowdon - 47 (both born on 1 May)
All princess Margaret's grandsons are of age already and it's they who already may enter "the matrimonial market" (Margarita will be of age in 2 years and 7 months).
Margarita has Rose as her third name.

Joanna could be seen in the family as honouring the Duke of Edinburgh's niece who lost her parents & siblings in an air crash in the 1930's but died only a few years later of, I think, Meningitis.:princess3:

I shoudnt' think anyone knows of her except dedicated Royal watchers.

I believe Johannas mother Cecilie was Phillips favorite sister. That's marginally more likely than Joanna. Princess Cecily is very pretty.

You meant grandchildren, didn't you? Her children are middle-aged already and done having babies; Lady Sarah Chatto is 53 years old, her sister-in-law, the Countess of Snowdon - 47 (both born on 1 May)
All princess Margaret's grandsons are of age already and it's they who already may enter "the matrimonial market" (Margarita will be of age in 2 years and 7 months).

Of course I meant grandchildren. Actually, I meant to say Margaret's decendants but misspoke since it was early on Sunday morning when I wrote that and I should not have even been online trying to reply to anything.:lol::lol:

I also think they called her Margarita after her grandmother Princess Margaret who died not long before she was born.

I also think they called her Margarita after her grandmother Princess Margaret who died not long before she was born.

Wikipedia states that this is indeed the case. Margarita's full name is Margarita Rose Elizabeth Alleyene, Elizabeth after the Queen Mother who passed away not long before her birth, and Alleyene is one of her mother's middle names.

:previous: Margarita was the fourth generation to have Alleyne as a middle name. Serena, her mother and her maternal grandmother all had Alleyne. Though she has Elizabeth for the queen mum (queen mum died about a month and a half before she was born, her grandmother about 3 months), Marguerite is also one of the queen mum's middle names.

Oddly Margarita did not get Rose for her grandmother. It was a coincidence. Her big brother Charles who was 3 at the time, chose the name for her.

I think though they will play it safe royal name for first, they could be a bit more creative with the middle. Not saying they would, but one could hope. Charles Armstrong-Jones has Inigo for the architect, said to be an inspiration of his father.

Rose would be a lovely middle name if the new baby was a little girl.:flowers:

A Princess named ....Princess Emma Rose Marie .........sounds good to me and Emma is so a British name coming from Germany which is derived from the word whole. I like to know about a person's name for it says something about who they are.

A Princess named ....Princess Emma Rose Marie .........sounds good to me and Emma is so a British name coming from Germany which is derived from the word whole. I like to know about a person's name for it says something about who they are.

While its interesting to know the meaning of a name, I fail to see how it tells you about who the person is. The name was chosen for them at birth, I don't see it reflecting your character. My names mean Honeybee Field of the Adriatic. Not sure what that would tell someone about my character.

Emma certainly has a nice royal history in the UK. Emma of Normany was consort of two kings (Ethelred and Cnute) mother to two (Edward the confessor and Harthnacut) and stepmother to two (Edmund Ironside and Harold Harefoot).

I like Emily, Emma, Sophie too.

LaRae

I'm going for a Princess Alice, cause i like it!

I like Emma too; but my own name means light and bright, and though i may be bright, i am certainly not light! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom