Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:I can see what you mean after googling. We'll delete that one then.

Why would anyone think they'd call the child Camilla? I gather Alice is a favourite for a girl, or maybe Victoria which has'nt been used in the RF for a long time. If they had any imagination, they could go a bit further form the limited cirlcle of names for a girl, such as maybe the name of a Shakesperean heroine.. but I'd bet they wont. soemthig like Imogen, Cordelia, Julia, but IMO the 2 of them have no imagination.

I'm not even going to try to guess! :lol:

Other than they will not stray from the name type already given to their first two so, classically English with Royal connection.

It's not just the RF, look at the names the Middletons went with for their own three;
Catherine Elizabeth
Philippa Charlotte
James William

All could have been Royal babies with another one or two names thrown in! :lol:

But where's the poll?

Anyway, girl. It will be something classic again, I don't they are that bold to choose some unusual name. There are a few nice names among Kate's ancestors, such as Olive, Harriet or Valerie but can't see them being chosen, unfortunately.

Dorothy Alexandra Carole
or
Isabella Carole Alexandra

Princess Harriette would be so cute... Honors Kate’s relative, as well as the baby’s Uncle Harry (yes, yes, I know his full name is Henry).

Hattie would be a really cute nickname

Charlotte and Charles? Think a bit too close.

Like Anne and Andrew?

Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger have a Christina and a Christopher...

I had an older sibling with a name very similar to mine, and I hated it.

Why would anyone think they'd call the child Camilla? I gather Alice is a favourite for a girl, or maybe Victoria which has'nt been used in the RF for a long time. If they had any imagination, they could go a bit further form the limited cirlcle of names for a girl, such as maybe the name of a Shakesperean heroine.. but I'd bet they wont. soemthig like Imogen, Cordelia, Julia, but IMO the 2 of them have no imagination.

I don't think the name Camilla was brought up. I think the reference to Camilla was with the name Rosemary which is Camilla's middle name.

I think they'll basically stick to something mostly traditional with maybe a bit of a flair to it. They're not what I'd call a bohemian or trend setter type of couple and they may alter a name like Alice into Alicia but basically stick with a good, English, all around name for their third child.

JJC suggested Rosemary, not realizing it was Camillas middle name. ?

Parents tend to follow a similar trend with names. They didn't go very creative with the first two. As much as Id love a Cordelia, I doubt they would venture that far out. The best we can hope is they pick something not main line royal name.

Emme yes I know it happens, but I don't see Kate and William choosing two names so close. They have already honored Charles in Charlotte, so it seems a stretch that they would honor him twice by using both forms.

I'm hoping for a girl, since the name possibilities are so much better!

Alice is by far the most likely in my mind, but I'd be beyond thrilled to see them use Eleanor, Mathilda, Maude, or Adelaide. I love Sophia, Amelia, Mary, Margaret, and Victoria too. As much as I also love Caroline, they've already honoured both Carole and Charles with Charlotte, so I think it's probably out. Same with Alexandra, since Alexander is already one of George's middle names.

I'm torn when it comes to Albert, David, and Arthur - good royal names, but they're already Harry and William's middle names, and they haven't gone in that direction so far for first names. I'd love if they went with Frederick or Alfred.

Middle names - other than the names above ... Frances or Francis, Michael and/or Philip if it's a boy. I don't see them going with Philippa.

Girl:

Alexandra Mary Victoria
Victoria Sophia Anne
Alice Louise Victoria
Caroline Anne Victoria

...basically I think they're going to work Victoria into there somewhere.

Boy:

Charles Henry Michael
Michael William Edward
Anthony Philip Henry
James Michael Henry

Michael is Catherine's father's name, so I thought maybe they might work into their son's name, if the baby is a boy. I don't think they'd name the baby directly after William, the Prince of Wales, or Prince Harry, so it was hard coming up with first names that sounded good with some combination of those other names.

Yes, and 'Peter' is Michael's father's name (Kate's grandfather). Also, 'Francis' is both Michael's and his father Peter's middle name. In addition, 'John' is Will's grandfather's name on his mother's side, plus 'John' is a previous name of a royal (George V's youngest son).

W&K certainly may wish to honor the Duke of Edinburgh by using 'Philip'. As well, 'Spencer' is Diana's family name. That's why I suggested some of the possible name combinations I did earlier. ?

Peter John Francis
Peter Michael Philip
John Francis Spencer
Philip Michael Spencer

I agree that a girl will likely have 'Victoria' as one of her names. Also, 'Phiippa' is less likely to be used than 'Carole.'

Someone has suggested that 'Carole' is a derivative of 'Charlotte.' If so, then I agree that 'Carole' by itself as a given name may be considered too informal.

I suppose there is discussion in Duchess Kate or Cambridge threads re the fact that Kate prefers to have her third child at home.:
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/...n-wants-home-birth-for-third-child/ar-AArClzI

Both Kate and Will wished to have Charlotte born at home too but were advised against it. Since Kate does so well in later stages of her pregnancies, I hope she gets her wish to stay at home for her third child's birth. We won't get to see the public departure from Lindo Wing hospital in that case.

Last edited:
MaiaMia_53;2018012 I suppose there is discussion in Duchess Kate or Cambridge threads re the fact that Kate prefers to have her third child at home.: [url=http://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/familyandrelationships/pregnant-duchess-of-cambridge-kate-middleton-wants-home-birth-for-third-child/ar-AArClzI said:
Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton 'wants home birth' for third child[/url]

Both Kate and Will wished to have Charlotte born at home too but were advised against it. Since Kate does so well in later stages of her pregnancies, I hope she gets her wish to stay at home for her third child's birth. We won't get to see the public departure from Lindo Wing hospital in that case.

I don't remember this being discussed. After previous apparently easy childbirths I can see how this would be something that would seem nice to do. If true, I'm sure they'll follow medical advice and do what is best for both Kate and the baby.

They'd be very smart and up on their game and do not let it be public knowledge that she's giving birth at home. Why deprive the media of all the fun and swell times they have waiting outside the Lindo Wing? ?

I am sorry but I find the 'kate plans a home birth' stories as believable as the 'George told his classmates mommy is having twins, a boy and girl' story. The daily fail was mocking that headline on twitter.

I am sorry but I find the 'kate plans a home birth' stories as believable as the 'George told his classmates mommy is having twins, a boy and girl' story. The daily fail was mocking that headline on twitter.

Actually the true rumor (of course the Fail would get it wrong) is that George told his classmates that Mommy is having twins. A boy, a girl and a dog.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one.

I'd bet my last glass of ice spiced chai tea latte that she gives birth once again in the Lindo Wing. ?

Actually the true rumor (of course the Fail would get it wrong) is that George told his classmates that Mommy is having twins. A boy, a girl and a dog.

ROTFL...My B-I-L is always teasing my sister & me that "The Duchess is pregnant...with twins". Just had to call & tell him rumor has that George told his classmates that mommy is pregnant with twins.....:lol::lol::lol:

You know a headline is ridiculous when the Daily Fail is mocking it...

Someone has suggested that 'Carole' is a derivative of 'Charlotte.' If so, then I agree that 'Carole' by itself as a given name may be considered too informal.

Carole and Charlotte are actually two different feminizations of "Charles" (or Karl), but Carole is not a derivative of Charlotte.

The Germanic Karl was Latinized as Carolus (masculine), which was feminized in French as Carole. The same Karl also became the French, and later English, Charles, which was feminized to Charlotte. Derivatives of Charlotte tend to be of the "Lottie" variation.

Carol (without the e) is a derivative of Caroline, which is a French/English version of Carolina, the Latinized feminine version of Carolus.

Prince William and Duchess Kate are expecting twins. What's the news?

They've said that about George and Charlotte both....neither was a twin.

LaRae

I have never posted about possible names of any Royal baby, but I thought I would. This is without taking other Royalty names into consideration.

Girl: Alice Victoria Cecile
Victoria Cecile Mary
Alice Cecile Catherine

Boy: Philip Spencer Matthew
Thomas Philip Andrew

Prince William and Duchess Kate are expecting twins. What's the news?

That's funny!! I was thinking the same thing when they announced this pregnancy :) I'm like - what if it's twins? :) At any rate, I'm excited for the new addition(s).

As for names, I wouldn't even want to venture. I don't know what the thought process is with William and Catherine regarding baby names. Gender - I'd say 50/50 and if it's twins I hope its one of each :) So I'll just bide my time and wait and be delighted and surprised :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"You don't get out of life alive" ~Jimmy the Hand~
"The battle of the sexes will never be won, we keep fraternizing with the enemy"

I would love the name Cecilia. It's a great way to honor the queen mothers mother Lady Cecilia Bowes Lyon.

I think I suggested Arthur and Elinor for George and Charlotte.
Those names both go with George and Charlotte IMO. So Arthur and Elinor still are my favourites.

I would love the name Cecilia. It's a great way to honor the queen mothers mother Lady Cecilia Bowes Lyon.

Also Philip's sister. :D

I have been thinking more about names and as pretty as Alice is, I am doubtful they would name a girl that name. The reason is Alice Keppel. She was the mistress of King Edward VII and is also Camilla's great grandmother. I can just see the field day the press would have with that one. It is a pretty name, though.

I thought her name was Cecilie.

It is but any variant of a name can be construed as honoring someone such as Charlotte being a feminine version of Charles. :D

I think the connection between Alice and Alice Keppel is far enough in the recesses of history that it won't be construed as being "connected" to Camilla's ancestor at all. I wouldn't doubt that publications such as the Fail would overlook it but that's the Fail doing what they do best. Being "spooners" to stir the pot.

I do like the name Alicia though. Mix it up a bit and make it unique for the child to give meaning to his or own name as they go through life.

It is but any variant of a name can be construed as honoring someone such as Charlotte being a feminine version of Charles. :D

I think the connection between Alice and Alice Keppel is far enough in the recesses of history that it won't be construed as being "connected" to Camilla's ancestor at all. I wouldn't doubt that publications such as the Fail would overlook it but that's the Fail doing what they do best. Being "spooners" to stir the pot.

I do like the name Alicia though. Mix it up a bit and make it unique for the child to give meaning to his or own name as they go through life.

I think most of their Alice talk would center around Philip's mother, Princess Andrew of Greece.

Though if Tom or Laura were chosen as a godparent to baby Alice, then maybe the Alice Keppel spiel would get more momentum.

'Cecilia' sounds lovely. ?

Cecilia Victoria Mary Cambridge :D

'Cecilia' sounds lovely. ?

Cecilia Victoria Mary Cambridge :D

Cecilia is a pretty name but try saying Princess Cecilia of Cambridge three times fast.

God help her if she has a lisp :)

I know stupid of me, but I hate the whole siblings starting with the same letter. Or at least have all siblings start with same. Having GCC just seems unabalanced. Okay, OCD of me or something :D

But I do love the name Cecilia/Cecile/Cecily. They are all forms of the same name, so all work.

Princess Alice Cecilia Valerie of Cambridge
Princess Eleanor Cecily Dorothy of Cambridge
Princess Alexandra Cecile Olive of Cambridge

(Valerie and Dorothy names of Kate's grandmothers, Olive great gran)

Son

Prince Frederick Michael Philip
Prince John Michael Claude
Prince Stephen Philip Peter

Frederick, Stephen, John and Michael are all names found in both families, and Peter. Claude for the queen mum's dad.

The suitable name pool is very shallow especially boys names ,I don't like any. In the unsuitable or not used ones I would like are Irish or Scottish but thats because it's what I picked for my children

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom