The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Catherine, Princess of Wales
Small correction.. She will NEVER [properly] be called Catherine, Princess of Wales, unless [Heaven forfend], she and her Husband Divorce. She will be the HRH the Princess of Wales, and ultimately HM the Queen.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I should say the RF would object. the name at present is associated iwht a man who has given his whole lfie to the RF and Britain. Of course they should honour him by using his name as a second or third name.. but leave the Pr Philip title for him....
Au conrtraire mon ami. I think the Duke of Edinburgh would be delightfully tickled pink along with the rest of the family.

I remember reading quite a few places where Philip complained: “I am nothing but a bloody amoeba. I am the only man in the country not allowed to give his name to his own children." Of course he was referring to his surname Mountbatten but if we look to the future, its very possible that if the new prince's name is Philip and he needs a legal surname for any given reason (like William did in France), his name would be Philip Mountbatten-Windsor.

Just sounds logical to me.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
This argument is dragging on...in her day Diana was frequently referred to as Lady Diana, rather than her title. WHY DOES IT MATTER? I don't believe anyone is being malicious in calling her by her maiden name. And she quite obviously doesn't care.

Do you KNOW she does not care? Did you ask her?

Diana was referred to as "Lady" abroad, not so much in Britain. In scandinavian countries they frequently called her "Princess Diana" which is more correct than that Lady-title she actually in reality held for only about three years after her grandfather died until her wedding to the P of Wales.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Just a disclaimer- Princess Charlotte is not the first member of the Royal Family affected by the new laws of Succession.
They didn't say she wasn't the first person affected. They said that she is the first person who wasn't displaced by a younger brother and that was true. When Tanae and Rufus were born, they displacd their older sisters in line of succession. In 2013 it was reversed, but for a short time they were ahead of their sisters in succession.

The point the media is making is that Charlotte never faced that. The day she was born, she would never fall in line of succession due to younger brothers.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I think we won't know the name today. So tomorrow shall be the day, I hope.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
They didn't say she wasn't the first person affected. They said that she is the first person who wasn't displaced by a younger brother and that was true. When Tanae and Rufus were born, they displacd their older sisters in line of succession. In 2013 it was reversed, but for a short time they were ahead of their sisters in succession.
[...]
It was reversed on March 26, 2015. The Succession to the Crown Act 2013 came into force on that day.

https://www.parliament.uk/business/p...03-26/HCWS490/
Commencement of Succession to the Crown Act 2013 :Written statement - HCWS490
WS
Deputy Prime Minister
Made on: 26 March 2015
Made by: Mr Nick Clegg (Deputy Prime Minister)
HCWS490
Commencement of Succession to the Crown Act 2013

Today the provisions of the Succession to the Crown Act 2013 come into force.

The Act removes the male bias in the line of succession, ending the system of male heirs automatically inheriting the throne over female heirs and removing this historic discrimination against women. The Act also ends another long-standing piece of discrimination, the bar on anyone who marries a Roman Catholic from becoming monarch, and replaces the outdated Royal Marriages Act 1772 such that only the first 6 in line to the throne need consent of the monarch to marry.

[...]
Old 04-26-2018, 02:26 PM
Nobility

The simplest reason for the press, especially in America, to keep calling her Kate Middleton is that they think the general public is either limited to a goldfish like memory and wouldn't remember what Kate Middleton's new name/title is. Or, that the public is of limited intelligence and would have been like "Who's this Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge woman???" "What happened to that Kate Middleton girl???"
Old 04-26-2018, 02:37 PM
Courtier

Most people are not familiar with how titles work, and wouldn't remember the new title even if they knew how the titles worked, so wouldn't search for Duchess of XX.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
Most people are not familiar with how titles work, and wouldn't remember the new title even if they knew how the titles worked, so wouldn't search for Duchess of XX.
And nowadays, the searching for news articles and photos online is the god of all things, and websites need the most clicks, so Kate Middleton it shall be, up to, and possibly even after she becomes queen many decades from now.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Will Kate and Wills name their new Royal Baby Prince ALBERT? | Daily Mail Online

Again from the Daily Mail, so apologies in advance....!! But it's the name I've picked so I thought I should post...

"The Royal Family's website has reserved a page for a Prince Albert, MailOnline can reveal, as the nation waits for William and Kate to announce his name.

It may be the strongest clue yet that a name has been picked for their third child, three days after the couple carried him home to Kensington Palace, West London.

As he and Harry opened a sports facility in central London today, William said he was still deciding on a name, adding he was 'delighted' to have picked as best man for the Royal Wedding.

But a page at www.royal.uk/prince-albert reads Access Denied - which is the same message that greets visitors trying to visit that page or those of the newborn's siblings. "
Old 04-26-2018, 03:08 PM
Majesty

The access denied isn’t correct. No names are blocked. You just need to add “-0” to the end of the name.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:16 PM
Nobility

For all those people annoyed by the Fail calling the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, this is the article for you. They even state her current name is Catherine Middleton saying she went by Kate until the wedding.
Kate Middleton and the Royal Family's full names revealed ahead of Royal Baby name announcement | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-26-2018, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert? Surprised as there is already such a prominent Prince Albert in Monaco. That will be confusing.

And I will have lost my bet.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

Hoping by this time tomorrow night we know this little man’s name and who guessed right!
Old 04-26-2018, 08:28 PM
Majesty

What if the new Prince's name is not revealed until next week? When Prince Charles was born, it took at least a week to state his name.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
What if the new Prince's name is not revealed until next week? When Prince Charles was born, it took at least a week to state his name.
By that time ardent and very vocal royalists would march on Kensington Palace, holding up signs and DEMANDING a name!
Old 04-26-2018, 08:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
It was one week with William, but Charles' name was announced when he was one MONTH old. I can't imagine the palpitations that would involve today!
Old 04-26-2018, 08:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
It was one week with William, but Charles' name was announced when he was one MONTH old. I can't imagine the palpitations that would involve today!
Ha! Ha! By that time I would be confined to a darkened room, cold pack on my forehead, too weak to do anything but press the "refresh" button on my web browser.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:31 PM
Nobility

I still think these names will be used (in no particular order):

Michael
Philip
Albert (Queen Elizabeth's father was called Bertie)
maybe James
Old 04-26-2018, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Last guess, since I think the name will be announced tomorrow.

I think it will be Arthur Philip Michael.

I want it to be Philip Michael Charles or Alexander Michael Philip.

Closed Thread