The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
Oh the Fail is so annoying. Are they going to print the new prince's name as Prince XXX Middleton? How hard is it to report that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are going to announce the name???

Old 04-26-2018, 10:14 AM
Courtier

There is so much going on in this family, and so many announcements to be made. People are grappling for wedding information and baby name and family members have duties. Timing it all could be rather difficult, since you don't want to take from any one thing or another.

We wait months for the names of the Danish babies, it's insane the stir for this one. It's their family and if they want to wait and introduce them to the important players, then they get to make that decision.

And for the record, Charles not popping in for a granchild's birthday isn't a sign of lack of participation on his part. My children know their grandparents well, and they all play huge roles. None of them have been present for a birthday, with the exception of the one that fell on a Saturday. Grandparents have lives, and Charles is busier than most people his age. Carole and Michael have more flexibility, so of course we're going to see them around more. Charles doesn't have that luxury. He's heading into 70 and rather than facing retirement, his career is only getting harder.

At the end of the day, this is a family celebrating their 3rd child. They don't owe us a darn thing.

Be a good person.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Oh the Fail is so annoying. Are they going to print the new prince's name as Prince XXX Middleton? How hard is it to report that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are going to announce the name???
This argument is dragging on...in her day Diana was frequently referred to as Lady Diana, rather than her title. WHY DOES IT MATTER? I don't believe anyone is being malicious in calling her by her maiden name. And she quite obviously doesn't care.

Be a good person.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:27 AM
Nobility

Just a disclaimer- Princess Charlotte is not the first member of the Royal Family affected by the new laws of Succession.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
That is according to Daily Fail
Old 04-26-2018, 10:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Just a disclaimer- Princess Charlotte is not the first member of the Royal Family affected by the new laws of Succession.
But she is the most senior member (in terms of position in the line of succession) to be affected by them. Not that many people know or care about Tane Lewis or Rufus Gilman.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:38 AM
Majesty

Bookmakers William Hill have slashed the price of Arthur being the name of William and Kate's third baby after a punter in South London went into a shop requesting £20,000 on the name at 5-2. Was he brushing his cuff links and using the phrase “if I may say so”?

Via Richard Palmer Twitter
Old 04-26-2018, 10:42 AM
Nobility

S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
But she is the most senior member (in terms of position in the line of succession) to be affected by them. Not that many people know or care about Tane Lewis or Rufus Gilman.
No offense, but that still doesn't make it correct. But that is all we can expect from the Fail.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:56 AM
Majesty

I think the name will be: Philip Charles James
Old 04-26-2018, 11:12 AM
Courtier

I'm sticking with my guesses of James Albert Michael or Phillip Arthur James

Be a good person.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:19 AM
Commoner

Last guess as the wait is almost over I believe.

Arthur James Phillip of Cambridge
Old 04-26-2018, 11:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
This argument is dragging on...in her day Diana was frequently referred to as Lady Diana, rather than her title. WHY DOES IT MATTER? I don't believe anyone is being malicious in calling her by her maiden name. And she quite obviously doesn't care.
Because it's annoying . Middleton hasn't been her name in 7 years . And the media isn't writing Crown Princess Victora and Daniel Westling or King Willem Alexander and Maxima Zorreguieta . And generally we don't go on calling married people by their maiden names unless they've chosen top keep them .
Old 04-26-2018, 11:26 AM
Nobility

I'm changing my thought on what the new Prince's name will be. The other day I said Alfred. With all the baby Alfie stuff going on there is no way they'll touch that name with a 10 foot pole now.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
Because it's annoying . Middleton hasn't been her name in 7 years . And the media isn't writing Crown Princess Victora and Daniel Westling or King Willem Alexander and Maxima Zorreguieta . And generally we don't go on calling married people by their maiden names unless they've chosen top keep them .
It just seems like an odd fight to pick. Annoying, sure. But there are worse things that could be going on. And it's different media sources. It's not like the media is picking on William and Kate specifically. Zara is still Zara Phillips, not Zara Tindall. Diana was still Lady Di. Sarah Ferguson was and is Sarah Ferguson, even though she retained her title. It's the way of the media. Pippa is still often referred to as Pippa Middleton rather than Matthews. It's just such a small thing.

Be a good person.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Osipi tries valiantly to stuff the worms back into the can and fails miserably.

Sorry I mentioned the Fail at all.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
It just seems like an odd fight to pick. Annoying, sure. But there are worse things that could be going on. And it's different media sources. It's not like the media is picking on William and Kate specifically. Zara is still Zara Phillips, not Zara Tindall. Diana was still Lady Di. Sarah Ferguson was and is Sarah Ferguson, even though she retained her title. It's the way of the media. Pippa is still often referred to as Pippa Middleton rather than Matthews. It's just such a small thing.
Because it is extremely rude and quite without class. Just complete malicious lazy journalism. Just shows what the public now accepts from their news gathers that most sheep-like public accepts as truth because it is written by a paid reporter. I am not picking a fight just stating facts and once small things are accepted, oh well, where next...........JMO
Old 04-26-2018, 12:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I think the name will be: Philip Charles James
I would love to have the name Philip after great granddad. Knowing Prince Philip's humor at times, he just might object. Ha Ha
Old 04-26-2018, 12:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I would love to have the name Philip after great granddad. Knowing Prince Philip's humor at times, he just might object. Ha Ha
I should say the RF would object. the name at present is associated iwht a man who has given his whole lfie to the RF and Britain. Of course they should honour him by using his name as a second or third name.. but leave the Pr Philip title for him....
Old 04-26-2018, 12:30 PM
Courtier

I guess my take on it, is that her name is going to change multiple times over the course of the next 30 years. She started as Catherine 'Kate' Middleton, and then became Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. One day soon she'll be Catherine, Princess of Wales, and even later on Catherine, Queen Consort. So until the name is fully stabalized, for journalistic continuity, I don't see any problem referring to her as Kate Middleton, in writing. As long as they're not doing it maliciously. In person, every royal reporter I've seen/followed, refers to her as Catherine, or HRH, or Ma'am. They're not doing it to harm anyone or "bring her down," they very clearly respect her presence. This is a miniscule thing in the grand scheme of this woman's life.

Be a good person.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Because it is extremely rude and quite without class. Just complete malicious lazy journalism. Just shows what the public now accepts from their news gathers that most sheep-like public accepts as truth because it is written by a paid reporter. I am not picking a fight just stating facts and once small things are accepted, oh well, where next...........JMO
"Extremely rude and quite without class" – surely that depends on your own preconceived feelings on the surname and on Kate's family. Although referring to her as "Kate Middleton" is incorrect and tedious for everyone who has a tiny bit of interest in the royals, I personally don't associate her maiden name with anything bad and I doubt Kate is ashamed of her maiden name, so I fail to see the classlessness? And like @Britters, I definitely think there are bigger fish to fry in the world.

Don't get me wrong, I too think it's annoying when the tabloids do this, sure, but it only annoys me. I don't think it's rude nor do I think it's done as an insult to her. And the thing about Kate's title is that if you want to be persnickety and get her titles 100% right, you can opt between "Princess William" and "the Duchess of Cambridge" and as a journalist (although in a slightly different field ), I can tell you that both options would sound very clunky to many editors. I personally cringe even more when the tabloids call her "Duchess Kate".

Closed Thread