The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 07:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

IIRC they did George's around 6 pm so there's still hope!

LaRae

Old 04-26-2018, 08:33 AM
Majesty

They know they can’t go too long without providing a reason. If they’re waiting on The Queen the Palace should state that’s the reason.

I’m not sure why The Queen needs to physically see the baby before we get a name.

We’re told The Queen is fond of her IPad. There’s always FaceTime.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:41 AM
Courtier

I like the suspense, and it is right to delay the announcement if they're waiting for the entire family to meet the baby. There's no hurry! It's a special time for all involved and I hope they savour it before the press and the whole world begin to comment on how old, clunky, modern, edgy, boring the name they picked is...

Wyevale on another thread said he just passed KP and the guy mowing the lawn shouted at him "It's Arthur!" but I think he was pulling his leg. We're having a bit of fun with it on the "The Birth of Prince xxx" thread!
Old 04-26-2018, 08:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
They know they can’t go too long without providing a reason. If they’re waiting on The Queen the Palace should state that’s the reason.

I’m not sure why The Queen needs to physically see the baby before we get a name.

We’re told The Queen is fond of her IPad. There’s always FaceTime.
Oh please...FaceTime...? How about they do a Facebook Live streaming for the whole world, then...

IF (and I stress IF) they're delaying the announcement so that the Queen and the PoW can meet the baby before I think it's a question of respect that no "smart" technology can overcome.

Why are people so greedy to get a name?? We will, we definitely will so let's just enjoy the suspense and the thought of this beautiful family enjoying a precious baby in his first days!
Old 04-26-2018, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Wyevale on another thread said she just passed KP
I'm , [very much] a 'he', but not to worry, you couldn't have known..
Old 04-26-2018, 08:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
No they don't. This is not a constitutional issue. They're entitled to their privacy and time on this matter.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I'm , [very much] a 'he', but not to worry, you couldn't have known..
I'm SO SO sorry....I'll edit the post!!
Old 04-26-2018, 08:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
Oh please...FaceTime...? How about they do a Facebook Live streaming for the whole world, then...

IF (and I stress IF) they're delaying the announcement so that the Queen and the PoW can meet the baby before I think it's a question of respect that no "smart" technology can overcome.

Why are people so greedy to get a name?? We will, we definitely will so let's just enjoy the suspense and the thought of this beautiful family enjoying a precious baby in his first days!
We got George and Charlotte’s names after two days. So if we go into the weekend without a name people will wonder why. I like the suspense as well but sometimes this sort of thing makes the royals seem out of touch.

Kate’s due date would have been known for awhile but yet it seems the major players like Charles and the Queen weren’t prepared to be available.

If the name can’t be released until the family has met the baby, then the family should make sure they plan ahead.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
We got George and Charlotte’s names after two days. So if we go into the weekend without a name people will wonder why. I like the suspense as well but sometimes this sort of thing makes the royals seem out of touch.

Kate’s due date would have been known for awhile but yet it seems the major players like Charles and the Queen weren’t prepared to be available.

If the name can’t be released until the family has met the baby, then the family should make sure they plan ahead.
But I still don't get the perceived need to release a name quickly, other than our curiosity.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
But I still don't get the perceived need to release a name quickly, other than our curiosity.
Quite, they ARE a family.. and should do 'the right thing' by that family, rather than pandering to our impatience..
Old 04-26-2018, 09:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
They know they can’t go too long without providing a reason.
They can take as long as they wish, and they do not have to give a reason.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:

That's the ticket. Put the entire BRF on maternity/paternity/granpaternity/great granpatenity leave for the month surrounding a royal baby's birth.

Just to be sure we get the baby's name post-haste.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
They can take as long as they wish, and they do not have to give a reason.
They’re not waiting because they don’t have a name. With the other babies we had a name almost right away.

I’m sure the Cambridges are excited to share the name.

They’re waiting on family as a courtesy. Ok fine, but Charles doesn’t even make the time attend his grandchildren’s birthdays so if it were me I’m not sure how long I would wait.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

I do think that not releasing the name yesterday because of ANZAC day and memorials throughout the UK and the Commonwealth that members of the BRF were involved in was a very valid and reasonable reason for the delay of the name announcement.

They have the right to announce things pertaining to their family at any time they choose to. They don't *owe* us instant information just because we're curious. It'll happen when it happens.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:28 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
They’re not waiting because they don’t have a name. With the other babies we had a name almost right away.

They’re waiting on family as a courtesy. Ok fine, but Charles doesn’t even make the time attend his grandchildren’s birthdays so if it were me I’m not sure how long I would wait.
They didn't wait until Charles had met Charlotte to announce the name - they did wait until the Queen had met each great-grandchild to announce it though.

More than likely, the delay was partially because the Queen hasn't met the baby and partially because yesterday was Anzac Day.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Exactly right!
Old 04-26-2018, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:

1. We don't know WHY they're waiting. Family not having met the bay, Anzac Day or maybe they took a good look at the child and thought: "Wait! He's not an Arthur!" We just don't know. It's speculation.

2. I don't think the Cambridges are excited to share the name. It's something they have to do. Period.

I do believe that they are aware of people's eagerness to get the name and tried to distract and appease the public announcing Prince William as a best man. A bit of a PR move...
Old 04-26-2018, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

They weren't going to clear their schedules for several weeks in anticipation of when the baby decided to arrive. Due dates are guidelines, unless a c-section is scheduled or a planned inducement, babies come when they feel like it.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Another thing to consider here is that oftentimes, royal engagements are booked quite far in advance. Its possible that some of this month's royal engagements were penciled in before Kate announced her pregnancy.

The BRF doesn't have the option of calling in sick for engagements unless there's a dire reason to do so.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:58 AM
Courtier

Royal baby name LIVE: Kate Middleton and Prince William to announce TODAY* | Daily Mail Online

Annoucement TODAY (so they say...!)

Closed Thread