The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 08:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
He was in Scotland Monday, and France today I believe. He was supposed to return to England late tonight, so hopefully they'll meet tomorrow morning!
True.

Charles as the future King of Australia was at the Dawn Service at Villers-Bretenneux. He was also there representing the Queen of Australia.

ANZAC Day is commemorated in many places - in both Australia and New Zealand obviously, at Gallipoli and then at places where the ANZACs have fought - Kokoda in PNG, in places in S-E Asia such as along the Burma-Thailand Railway, in North Africa at El Alamein and Tobruk, in the Middle East at Beersheba for instance, wherever out service men and women are currently serving e.g. the Leader of the Opposition in Australia (Bill Shorten) was in Afghanistan, and then at places across the Western Front and in Britain.

On the Western Front the focus is VB because it is the only battle field where all five Australia divisions served at some point.

The NZers have a different focus point on the Western Front (and I am sure a Kiwi member will be able to fill in the gap in my knowledge here - along with other places where the Kiwis will have services e.g. in Italy where the Aussies didn't fight in WWII but the NZers did - well my great-uncle did. He was in Wellington when the second war started and so joined the NZ army and told his mother he was going to be an 'ANZAC just like dad but he was going to be a NZer while his father was an Aussie ANZAC'. Unlike his father though he came home. His father is still at Gallipoli.

I am not sure if Charles attended other events around VB or the Western Front yesterday but he was at the Dawn Service, spoke (seemed a strange speech to me but poignant just the same) and laid the first wreath.

I don't know why Charles will need to see the child before a name is released. I seem to remember that he didn't go and seen Charlotte before her name was released but the Queen did and within an hour of the Queen leaving KP the name was out. I am therefore wondering if, either the Queen is going to come up from Windsor to visit or whether they may take the boy to see her and then release a name.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:44 PM
Aristocracy

I vote for Prince Philip Michael William of Cambridge!

Old 04-25-2018, 09:55 PM
Aristocracy

I'm thinking Arthur James Phillip.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:59 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtns View Post
Did anyone post how long it took to announce the 1st and 2nd childrens’ names? This is starting to seem like a lag!
Both George and Charlotte's names were announced two days after their birth which means we should have expected something today. However, I wonder if they are delaying by one day due to Anzac Day and didn't want baby name news to overshadow the royal families participation in honoring their fallen soldiers? The royal family got a lot of good press today attending those activities. Don't know, just one possible reason.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsteepy View Post
Both George and Charlotte's names were announced two days after their birth which means we should have expected something today. However, I wonder if they are delaying by one day due to Anzac Day and didn't want baby name news to overshadow the royal families participation in honoring their fallen soldiers? The royal family got a lot of good press today attending those activities. Don't know, just one possible reason.
That's what several posters have suggested and is the most logical explanation imo. The fact that William attended a service only 2 days after becoming a dad for the third time, tells us that it's important to the BRF, so it makes a lot of sense that they decided to delay the announcement of the baby's names.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:09 AM
Serene Highness

As said above I was told that the names will be known before the weekend, meaning the names could well be announced Thursday or even Friday.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

Well it stands to reason it will be Thursday or Friday if it’s not announced by Monday they must be disagreeing and digging their feet in ha ha
Old 04-26-2018, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Now it's being said they won't release the name till the Queen arrives back to BP.

Who knows...

LaRae
Old 04-26-2018, 06:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Now it's being said they won't release the name till the Queen arrives back to BP.

Who knows...

LaRae
That is silly. Can’t they just tell the Queen what the name of the baby is ? Why does she have to actually see him first ?

I understand that the Queen might have to approve the name, but that doesn’t require a visit to the Cambridges home or their coming to BP.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
That is silly. Can’t they just tell the Queen what the name of the baby is ? Why does she have to actually see him first ?
I agree, I do think they need to see the queen to run the name past her. I suspect they are waiting for Charles to come and meet the baby before announcing a name.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

See how it's almost noon there and Charles was back last night...plenty of time for him to have popped over to see the new baby.

That's why they are now wondering about the Queen.

LaRae
Old 04-26-2018, 07:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Who knows...

LaRae
And where is she now?
Old 04-26-2018, 07:12 AM
Commoner

Quote:
See how it's almost noon there and Charles was back last night...plenty of time for him to have popped over to see the new baby.

LaRae
When Charles went to KP, I'm sure he will be photographed by reporters.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

LaRae
How likely is it that Charles had a free day pencilled on today? I suspect he will visit KP at some point today or tmrw, depending on his schedule.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
And where is she now?
In the country...I assume Sandringham.

LaRae
Old 04-26-2018, 07:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen should be in London. It’s Thursday and we know she was at Windsor yesterday.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-26-2018, 07:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

She has been at Windsor largely since Easter for the Easter court. She was undertaking official duties there yesterday. This is normal for her at this time of year.

I would be surprised if she came up to London for one day when she spends virtually every weekend now - from Thursday lunch to Monday lunch or even Tuesday at Windsor and Philip is reportedly still at Windsor.

She may, of course.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:37 AM
Nobility

on monday i think it was alistar bruce (sp) the historian who said the queen is in windsor until next week...but, dailymail seems to think its today...maybe the reporter were given a heads up that its coming at some point today...i guess we'll see.

o and i think family knows the name...like the queen knows..william made it seem that they had already named him...now they are just waiting for the impt people to meet him....and thats probably just out of respect.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ok then if she's back today, then if they were really waiting on her return then they will announce later today.

LaRae
Old 04-26-2018, 07:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Ok then if she's back today, then if they were really waiting on her return then they will announce later today.

LaRae
It is already almost 1 pm London time, so the chances of an announcement today are diminishing.

Closed Thread