The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 11:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
George already has the name Alexander in his name. It would seem awkward for his younger brother to have George's secondary name to me.
Andrew Albert Christian Edward
Edward Antony Richard Louis

Just sayin'.

But if the speculation is just down to the reported conversation, I'd agree that there's nothing significant in it.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

Well a bit of patience.
I think we will know the name tomorrow or Friday.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:14 AM
Courtier

Just having a laugh...Ladbrokes's odds for the name "Leroy" are 500/1 !! Ah ah ah.. Other improbable names: Caden, Wayne, Tyrone and Rodney...
Old 04-25-2018, 11:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
Well a bit of patience.
I think we will know the name tomorrow or Friday.
I wonder if they haven’t agreed on the names yet.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Jack/John.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Still hoping for David or Phillip!

LaRae
Old 04-25-2018, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
Albert Phillip Michael
Ha-that's what I suggested to my husband Monday when he said Albert popped into his head as the baby's name.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Ha-that's what I suggested to my husband Monday when he said Albert popped into his head as the baby's name.
Let's see if we're right then!!
Old 04-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I wonder if they haven’t agreed on the names yet.
I'm thinking it probably has more to do with the fact that today is Anzac Day and they wouldn't want to take away from that. Also might have something to do with the fact that the POW hasn't been able to meet him yet and they might feel it's a bit rude to tell the world his name when his grandfather hasn't yet seen him in person. Not sure if the Queen has been able to meet him yet, that may also factor in.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:56 AM
Courtier

William's comment today about Alexander, have me wondering whether Alexander is in the new name as well. It seems odd that they might use it as his first, given name, since it's one of George's names. But perhaps....

It has me second guessing my boy name guesses.
Phillip Arthur James
James Arthur Michael

Maybe I should add an Alexander to the mix?

Phillip Alexander David or
Francis Alexander Phillip

Be a good person.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

And when does Prince Charles return from Scotland?
Old 04-25-2018, 12:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
And when does Prince Charles return from Scotland?
I thought I had heard today, after the Anzac festivities.

Be a good person.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

I am thinking Louis Arthur Philip
Old 04-25-2018, 01:02 PM
Aristocracy

If this is the last baby for the family, I believe they may go with Alexander as a first name. I know it’s already one of George’s names, but I believe William and Catherine really like the name and its variants.

However, if there is a possible #4, I can see them hoping for a girl, and using Alexandra as a first name, thus choosing something else this time.

I like Thomas, Peter, Christian, Adrian and Nicholas... not that anyone asked me!
Old 04-25-2018, 01:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I'm thinking it probably has more to do with the fact that today is Anzac Day and they wouldn't want to take away from that. Also might have something to do with the fact that the POW hasn't been able to meet him yet and they might feel it's a bit rude to tell the world his name when his grandfather hasn't yet seen him in person. Not sure if the Queen has been able to meet him yet, that may also factor in.
I agree 100% with you. I doubt the Queen has seen him.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Michael after her father is my guess but Philip would be lovely.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

It wouldn’t be too much of a surprise if they pick Alexander. I’ve taught younger siblings who have a first name that was the middle name of their older brothers and sisters.

I’d love them to surprise us! Nothing against Alfred, Albert or Arthur but I love a good surprise!
Old 04-25-2018, 01:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I am also one of those funny people that don't like nicknames, when I had my son I searched for a name that had no nickname associated with it because I too felt if you are going to say right from birth that they are named "This" but you are going to call them "That" (other then Royals)why?, it never made sense to me. But I'm weird, I have always been fascinated by names, so I am hoping for something that doesn't make me go
You and I could be twins! I also am fascinated by naming and names...

Also, like you, when I named my children, it was because I liked that given name - not a nickname. My youngest daughter is Elisabeth. We thought long and hard about that - as a longer name, it’s probably more prone to be shortened with a nickname (Beth, Liz). However, she has remained Elisabeth for the most part. Her late grandfather called her Lily - which was very special as it was his private name for her - and she’d allow no one else to use it. A few school friends occasionally use Lizzy or Lissy. But, for the most part, she has remained Elisabeth.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:22 PM
Serene Highness

It may not be Alexander but if Alexander was chosen for George because one or both of his parents really liked that name, I can see them deciding to give their second son that name as his primary name.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't like nicknames as well, and I think I got that from my mom who hates nicknames (she gave me and my brother names that don't have nicknames). I always thought, why give your child a name and call him another? For example, Beatriz (portuguese variant), in Portugal most Beatriz are called Bia, which I absolute hate. Why not give their child Bia when the baby is born if that's the name they will call her whole life? Makes no sense to me...If a baby is Beatriz, she is Beatriz and nothing else!