The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
What does Diana have to do with names Arthur or Albert?
Maybe she didn't like them, but she is dead now; the main decision belongs to William and Catherine.

She didn't like them.
That is why she said No thank you and selected William and Harry.

But as you say, it is up to William and Kate now.
I just meant that I will think of her if they go with Arthur or Albert.

Old 04-24-2018, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What does Diana have to do with names Arthur or Albert?
All too MANY believe that everything must be in accordance with that Woman's capricious tastes and desires !

Old 04-24-2018, 02:47 PM
Majesty

There’s a large Italian family down the block from me and it’s seems like everyone is either Maria or Joseph.

“Meet my aunt Maria”. “Meet my sister Maria”.

Same with the men. Cousin Joseph, Uncle Joseph.

I think they’ll go with names they like and not worry about someone else in the family having the same name.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:57 PM
Royal Highness

I wouldn't forget how much both William and Harry love, respect and honor their mother's memory and legacy, regardless of anyone else's opinions of her before or after her passing. That said, I doubt either William or Harry are going to be worried about names their mother didn't like for them, in choosing names for their own offspring.

Most likely the Queen's preferences will be taken into consideration prior to a decision being made.

My pure guess: Philip Michael William of Cambridge

I wonder some of the likes here for Frederick, James, and Henry. All are of course possibilities, but there's already a royal cousin named Frederick Windsor (Duke of Kent's son). I don't see either Frederick or James being chosen, and I also believe Henry is more of a long shot.

Probably Albert, Francis, Peter, and Victor are other possibilities for second and third given names. Prince Charles was already honored with the naming of Charlotte, and Prince George already has Louis as one of his names.

Maybe the Cambridges will surprise us with their final selection.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
All too MANY believe that everything must be in accordance with that Woman's capricious tastes and desires !
If you mean me, I don't believe that everything has to be in accordance with Diana's desires- EXCEPT when I happen to agree with her.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:05 PM
Nobility

Philip or Frederick as a first name
Middle names : Henry, Edward, David or Michael
Old 04-24-2018, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

^ No. Not you specifically !
Old 04-24-2018, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

While I have always favored Frederick for baby Cambridge's name, I feel pretty convinced that the first name will be either Albert, Arthur, Frederick, or Philip (with the longshot name being Alfred
Old 04-24-2018, 04:07 PM
Courtier

I believe the baby boy will either be named Arthur or Philip.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

In a Text exchange with my Mother Today she said Albert was her preferred name for the infant Prince... I thought better than to explain to an 88 year old why that might NOT be a good idea...
#PrinceAlbert #Awkward
Old 04-24-2018, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Ow...yeah...maybe not Albert then...
(so many names have different associations these days, difficult to come up with something without) (i blame the internet for at least half of them )

My (probably last) guess is Alfred
Old 04-24-2018, 04:58 PM
Majesty

William and Catherine could surprise everyone by giving the new Prince his first name and then three middle names. Yes, I know that Prince George and Princess Charlotte each have three names. However, it is not a mandatory declaration that the newest Prince has three names. He could have four names.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
William and Catherine could surprise everyone by giving the new Prince his first name and then three middle names. Yes, I know that Prince George and Princess Charlotte each have three names. However, it is not a mandatory declaration that the newest Prince has three names. He could have four names.
I don't think he will four names when his older (and, therefore, more senior) siblings have only three. In Sweden, for example, Princess Estelle has four names while Prince Oscar has three.

Personally, I would prefer that all recently born royals had 4 names, but 3 seems to be increasingly the norm these days.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:19 PM
Aristocracy

I am sure this baby will have just three names. Yes, I think that four names would be more convenient (more relatives to honor) but they chose this, more modern, format.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I also think the baby will have 3 names like his siblings. And I think Catherine's father will be honored with one of the names.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
And I think Catherine's father will be honored with one of the names.
I secretly hope they will surprise us with the choise of his first name. Because James, Philip, Charles, Andrew, Edward already exist among the closest relatives. Why can't the baby have something unique?
Old 04-24-2018, 06:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
I am sure this baby will have just three names. Yes, I think that four names would be more convenient (more relatives to honor) but they chose this, more modern, format.
Philippe and Mathilde’s, and Frederik and Mary’s children all have four names if I am not mistaken. However, if you look at more recent royal births, William and Kate’s children have been given three names only so far and, in Sweden, only Victoria’s. and CP’s firstborns have four names whereas all other grandchildren of King Carl Gustaf have three names. We can’t tell for sure then, but there seems to be a clear trend towards three names only,.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:25 PM
Courtier

Hoping for Albert.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Thinking about it and Prince James has a very classy and modern sound. Jimbo! Love it! (Seriously like it!)
Old 04-24-2018, 09:10 PM
Aristocracy

I am still hoping for a John...or a Victor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Philippe and Mathilde’s, and Frederik and Mary’s children all have four names if I am not mistaken. However, if you look at more recent royal births, William and Kate’s children have been given three names only so far and, in Sweden, only Victoria’s. and CP’s firstborns have four names whereas all other grandchildren of King Carl Gustaf have three names. We can’t tell for sure then, but there seems to be a clear trend towards three names only,.
Only Elisabeth (Therese Marie Helene) and Gabriel (Baudouin Charles Marie) have four names. Emmanuel (Leopold Guillaume Francois Marie) and Eleonore (Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie) have five.

Closed Thread