The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 05:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Altho' Arthur would make me VERY happy indeed, something tells me he will be a Frederick...
Little Freddie))
Not the worst name.

Frederick William Philip
Frederick Michael William
Frederick David Arthur

Old 04-24-2018, 06:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestocking View Post
I’m not sure why James is considered likely when it’s the name of Prince Edward’s son and the child’s uncle. They aren’t likely to reuse the name. Likewise with Henry.

I don’t understand that either.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:04 AM
Nobility

Henry is more of a possibility because everyone has always known William's brother as Harry. So in practical terms of everyday use, Henry would be a different name if they stuck to calling him Henry.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:21 AM
Aristocracy

I think William and Michael as middle names and either Philip or Arthur as a first name.

My little boy is Albert so hoping it's not that!
Old 04-24-2018, 07:31 AM
Commoner

final guesses:

Henry Philip James
Frederick Philip James
maybe sub Michael in there
Henry Arthur James??
I feel since Henry and Harry sound different enough they won't be confusing.

Was looking at Hanoverian names and found Augusta (for girls), laughed a bit at the slight (nil) chance they'd name him August--somewhat obscure for boys nowadays, but my good friend has a son named August x
Old 04-24-2018, 07:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

How long did we wait for the name announcing for George and Charlotte? I don't remember already.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
How long didn we wait for the name announcing for George and Charlotte? I don't remember already.
Two days for both George and Charlotte.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm guessing he will be named Prince Frederick Philip Charles of Cambridge.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:19 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Philip Charles Michael
Old 04-24-2018, 10:56 AM
Courtier

I'm thinking we might see a Prince Frederick Arthur Michael or maybe a Prince Frederick Arthur Philip.

I had a whole list of names I thought might be possibilities but now that he's here and the more I think about it, I really think it'll be Frederick for the first name.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I'm thinking we might see a Prince Frederick Arthur Michael or maybe a Prince Frederick Arthur Philip.

I had a whole list of names I thought might be possibilities but now that he's here and the more I think about it, I really think it'll be Frederick for the first name.
Why has Frederick suddenly become such a popular bet ? Any inside information perhaps ?

Anyway, it doesn’t sound English enough to me. Arthur would be nicer.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:33 AM
Nobility

Nicholas Philip Michael
H.R.H. Prince Nicholas of Cambridge sounds very good to me.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:42 AM
Commoner

I’m thinking Arthur.

Not sure about his middle names.

I like the idea of Thomas as well but I don’t think they’re gonna go with that.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Why has Frederick suddenly become such a popular bet ? Any inside information perhaps ?

Anyway, it doesn’t sound English enough to me. Arthur would be nicer.
I can't speak for others but Frederick was always on my short list of possibilities. I think for me it's because it's a very well-used Hanoverian name and that's what they've used so far with George and Charlotte. That's not to say that they couldn't use Nicholas or Thomas or anything else they might like but in my mind Frederick just goes well with George and Charlotte in a way that the others don't. Just my two cents but I suspect that might be others thinking as well.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktptbi View Post

I like the idea of Thomas as well but I don’t think they’re gonna go with that.
I also think it's more probable to give this name to eventual Harry and Meghan's son (not necessarily as the first name).
Old 04-24-2018, 01:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I can't speak for others but Frederick was always on my short list of possibilities. I think for me it's because it's a very well-used Hanoverian name and that's what they've used so far with George and Charlotte. That's not to say that they couldn't use Nicholas or Thomas or anything else they might like but in my mind Frederick just goes well with George and Charlotte in a way that the others don't. Just my two cents but I suspect that might be others thinking as well.
That is my feeling as well. That is the same rationale I had for predicting Amelia if this baby had been a girl. Both are distinctively Hanoverian royal names, go nicely with George and Charlotte, and are a bit on-trend.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:56 PM
Nobility

Sorry folks but I haven't been able to read all of the posts in this thread, so I may have missed a previous discussion on this.
Do we really think that Henry or James are strong contenders, since they are the given names of 2 close relations of the Duke of Cambridge, and therefore the new Prince?
Old 04-24-2018, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
Sorry folks but I haven't been able to read all of the posts in this thread, so I may have missed a previous discussion on this.
Do we really think that Henry or James are strong contenders, since they are the given names of 2 close relations of the Duke of Cambridge, and therefore the new Prince?
#

And James is also the name of 2 uncles of the new Prince so it could be confusing if that would be the first name.

Old 04-24-2018, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

All I know is, if they pick Arthur or Albert, I will think about Diana saying: No, thank you!
Old 04-24-2018, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

What does Diana have to do with names Arthur or Albert?
Maybe she didn't like them, but she is dead now; the main decision belongs to William and Catherine.

Closed Thread