Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 11:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieAnn View Post
Not hardly! lol

I just like the name.

I can't think of a boy name that I like except Philip, and I hope Zara will have a boy.
Not sure about Lady Nimue, but for me I think its the color of your letters which are popping your suggestion off the page

Old 04-20-2018, 08:00 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Not sure about Lady Nimue, but for me I think its the color of your letters which are popping your suggestion off the page

Sorry about the color of my font.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:13 AM
Serene Highness

For a girl, I like Helena. I like Alix as a standalone name, or they can name her Alexandra but say that she will be known as Princess Alix, a la Henry / Prince Harry.

For a boy, I am hoping that Michael and Philip are two of the names. If the Cambridges go the old-fashioned route, I like Leopold and Arthur.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:05 AM
Aristocracy

Ik think it will be a girl, princess Alice, born in thé 22th of april.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:06 PM
Nobility

I saw Kate's mum in a shop today. Of course I was dying to ask her about names, but I don't know her and would never be so pushy as to approach her. Not that she would have been likely to tell me anything!
Old 04-20-2018, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
I saw Kate's mum in a shop today. Of course I was dying to ask her about names, but I don't know her and would never be so pushy as to approach her. Not that she would have been likely to tell me anything!
Is she in London?
Old 04-20-2018, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieAnn View Post
Sorry about the color of my font.
Yes, it was your font that made me think you were making a serious announcement. Like you 'knew'. Ha!
Old 04-20-2018, 02:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Is she in London?
No. At home in West Berkshire.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
No. At home in West Berkshire.
Thank you. I’m here in the US, so not a great grasp on UK geography. How far is West Berkshire from London?
Old 04-20-2018, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thank you. I’m here in the US, so not a great grasp on UK geography. How far is West Berkshire from London?
Google tells me it's a 1.5 hour drive to London
Old 04-20-2018, 04:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
About 50 miles.
Half an hour by train from Reading.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
How fortunate! I would be dying to ask her too, haha. I'd be too embarrassed for that to be the first question if I was in the same situation though

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-20-2018, 04:38 PM
Aristocracy

I really hope they will use Philip and Michael as middle names if it's a boy.

I secretly hope that is a girl and they willcall her Alice or Caroline. Mary and Alexandra might be good choices as middle names. Or even Loiuse.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:07 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Yes, it was your font that made me think you were making a serious announcement. Like you 'knew'. Ha!

I usually use the same font color.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:09 PM
Majesty

Interesting how the female versions of George's middle names keep coming up as potential names for a sibling.

The pool of names from which to choose is most likely small (given their choices so far) but I do hope they venture out of the names of the 6 names they have already given to their children. It should be possible to find 3 completely new names. Repeat in middle names to me seems even more unlikely than as a first name. If they truly want to use one of the previously used names as a first name, I would wonder why they picked it as a middle name previously but that makes slightly more sense than repeating a name as a middle name.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

There isn't a small pool. They stick to Georgian/Hannoverian names for the first names true. But there are plenty of options left for both male or female.

The middle names there are no rules. They seem to choose family names.

We could go on here and make up combinations of names for days, some have, and likely wouldn't use up all of the options. There certainly is no reason they would need to reuse a royal name.

First names sticking Hannoverian/Victorian on:
-Alfred
-Albert
-David
-Richard
-Arthur
-Frederick
-Alice
-Helena
-Amelia
-Sophia
-Augusta
-Mary
-Margaret

Middle names with family links (to just name a few)
-Henry
-James
-Peter
-Michael
-Frances/is
-Valerie
-Carole
-could go on and on

Even without exhausting the family names, or branching further back into the family for a first name, can come up with dozens of combinations without coming close to needing to repeat any name used before.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
I really hope they will use Philip and Michael as middle names if it's a boy.

I secretly hope that is a girl and they willcall her Alice or Caroline. Mary and Alexandra might be good choices as middle names. Or even Loiuse.
I can't really see them using Louise. Middle names are for honouring family members, I think that Alice is very likely as a first name.. and I hope that Kate's name will finally be used for a daughter's second name. They might giv her Philippa in honour of P Phil as they naturally used Elizabeth and Diana last time.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:28 AM
Courtier

More for a baby born on 21st April:

Rosamond Mary Lilibet
Old 04-21-2018, 03:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
More for a baby born on 21st April:

Rosamond Mary Lilibet
Lilibet isn't a name, it is the queen's pet name.. so not likely. They will give formal names. Why Rosamond?
Old 04-21-2018, 03:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If the Queen Mother could give her first born daughter her name, there's a slight chance that a new princess could have a name after her mother. Something like Caitlin. Now that would be a royal twist in names.