The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 07:35 AM
Majesty

Meanwhile at the Lindo Wing - @WilliamHill have put the latest betting odds up for the name for Kate and William's third baby. What's your favourite name on the list?

Pic: @Reuters

Via Johnny Goldsmith Twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaqMG5IWsAAbjEf.jpg

Old 04-13-2018, 07:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

Fred or Victoria but neither will be used

Old 04-13-2018, 01:20 PM
Nobility

I know everyone says it, but I don't like the expression "use" in this context. I see a name as something given by the parents. It is used (or not!) by the bearer.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
my guess
Prince Michael Arthur James
date of birth : April 21,2018
Princess Alice Carole Victoria
Old 04-13-2018, 02:00 PM
Nobility

My guesses are:
For a girl - Princess Alice Victoria Mary
For a boy - Prince Arthur Edward Philip
Old 04-13-2018, 02:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
John seems to be vetoed. And due to Viscount Severn being a child, and close family, I doubt we will see James as a first name.
The baby will already have two uncle Jameses, so, great as middle name not as first name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
As I said before: due date may be as well 30 April.

My cousin had her boy induced two weeks after due date and he is completely healthy.
Very unlikely. The would not have locked off a press area three weeks in advance. Based on Charlottes presumed date, they do so about a week in advance, so due date is most likely around April 18.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
For a girl: Princess Clarissa of Cambridge.
Prince Charles does have a first cousin named Princess Clarissa.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Another thing I've noticed about the Cambridge names is that neither George or Charlotte have ever been addressed as less than their full name and no nicknames have come out yet. I expect the same with this child. If the child's name is Alice or Arthur, it will be the sole name used to identify them. No named Henry and known as Harry kind of thing.

Also, George is one syllable for the first child, Charlotte is two syllables for a second child. Will this child have three syllables? Stay tuned to this thread to find out.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
As I said before: due date may be as well 30 April.

My cousin had her boy induced two weeks after due date and he is completely healthy.
Yes indeed, but your post I was responding to, said 'wait until May 15'. So even if her due date was April 30, that is more then 2 weeks late. Allowing a woman to go over 2 weeks past her due date without induction 7-10 days maybe, May 10 latest for an induction. If she goes 15 days past her due date, and they aren't doing something about it, the queen should consider a new doctor. Anything past 41 weeks, the baby starts risking issues with umbilical cord, fetal distress, merconium aspiration and so on.

Yes, women beat the odds every day, or doctors wouldn't allow it. But there is no need to take such a risk. And I doubt a royal doctor is going to take the risk, even small, of the future queen and her child being in any risk.

Quote:
The baby will already have two uncle Jameses, so, great as middle name not as first name...
Yes, certainly not ruling it out as a middle name. May be nice if they honored both Uncles, and used Henry James as a middle name.

Quote:
I think all the names I thought of, for a prince, have been monarchs in the past.

When offering my opinion, it never occurred to me that decades-old tv programmes would matter.
Blackadder still has quite the following, even if an older show. Kind of a 'classic'. Rowan Atkinson was actually at their wedding

I didn't mean at all it ruled out a name. I just agreed with a poster that it would bring up certain images for people.

Quote:
Another thing I've noticed about the Cambridge names is that neither George or Charlotte have ever been addressed as less than their full name and no nicknames have come out yet. I expect the same with this child. If the child's name is Alice or Arthur, it will be the sole name used to identify them. No named Henry and known as Harry kind of thing.

Also, George is one syllable for the first child, Charlotte is two syllables for a second child. Will this child have three syllables? Stay tuned to this thread to find out.
They may have nicknames in private. William and Kate may just not use them out in public, as they want the proper names used by the public.

Three syllable names, interesting thought. Kind of limits the choices royal
Old 04-13-2018, 09:20 PM
Nobility

Is there any chance at all William and Kate would name their third child, if a boy, Alfred? My brother made this suggestion last night and I have grown rather fond of the idea!
Alfred, a former Duke of Edinburgh, and stamp collector, and naval badass!
Old 04-14-2018, 08:38 AM
Nobility

Since Harry is quite close to his brother and sil, if it’s a boy I do see Harry being honoured, either as a middle name or as a godparent
Old 04-14-2018, 09:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatianacressida View Post
Is there any chance at all William and Kate would name their third child, if a boy, Alfred? My brother made this suggestion last night and I have grown rather fond of the idea!
It wouldn't surprise me at all. The diminutive, Alfie, is very popular now as a standalone name and was at 14th place in the stats for 2016. So Alfred ticks the boxes of royal precedent and current popularity (although Alfred itself is down at 111th place).

I wonder if William and Kate watch 'The Last Kingdom'?

Alfred can also be abbreviated to Fred or Freddie, so it's quite an adaptable name.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

Three syllable names, interesting thought. Kind of limits the choices royal

Three syllables--Eleanor, Emily, Celia, Cynthia, Frederick....and all Spencer family names like George and Charlotte's.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Also a 3 syllable name: Camilla (and no, i don't really believe they will use that)
Old 04-14-2018, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
Since Harry is quite close to his brother and sil, if it’s a boy I do see Harry being honoured, either as a middle name or as a godparent
I don't know about godparent, maybe--but William and Kate have chosen close friends and cousins for godparents rather than Harry, Pippa or James.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatianacressida View Post
It has become popular but I don't like it.. esp if Abbreviated to Alfie.. and it reminds me of EastEnders. I hope they wont go with it...
Old 04-14-2018, 04:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Prince Charles does have a first cousin named Princess Clarissa.
Who is that?
Old 04-14-2018, 05:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Who is that?
Princess Clarissa of Hesse, the daughter of the Duke of Edinburgh's sister Sophie or Princess George William of Hanover
Old 04-14-2018, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

I was just thinking the same thing. I think the only royals who are known to have nicknames are Prince Harry, HM (Lilibet), Princess Beatrice (Bea) and Lady Louise (I've heard that Sophie sometimes calls her Lou). There might be other cases that I don't know of but the BRF generally don't seem to be big nicknamers - I guess because a lot of the classical royal names are fairly short enough to be called in full.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-14-2018, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Three syllables--Eleanor, Emily, Celia, Cynthia, Frederick....and all Spencer family names like George and Charlotte's.
Eleanor, Frederick

The others aren't quite royal names. Family names (Spencer or Bowes-Lyon) but not royal. I wouldn't be expecting them to branch out of the BRF royal names at least for the first name.

Honestly if they choose to like George and Charlotte, use a name already in use in the Spencer family I'd expect Edmund, Robert, Jane, Amelia, something along those lines. Frederick seems to have made the book maker list.

But honestly I don't think they intentionally use names already in the Spencers. George for the queen's dad, Charlotte as an honor to Charles and Carole in a way.

Quote:
I was just thinking the same thing. I think the only royals who are known to have nicknames are Prince Harry, HM (Lilibet), Princess Beatrice (Bea) and Lady Louise (I've heard that Sophie sometimes calls her Lou). There might be other cases that I don't know of but the BRF generally don't seem to be big nicknamers - I guess because a lot of the classical royal names are fairly short enough to be called in full.
It may simply be a matter of they are very 'formal' in public and don't tend to use nicknames in public hearing. Harry being a major exception. We don't hear Elizabeth called Lilibet, its just an anecdote we have been told in official biographies. William was called Wombat by his parents. As an adult he is said to be called Wills among his friends.

Closed Thread