The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 09:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
It's one of Charlotte's middle names though so I suspect they won't use Elizabeth again, but who knows?
They could honor her by using one of her middle names - my guess would be Mary as it fits right in with the other two names' Hanoverian flavor.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:12 PM
Courtier

S/he could have an official name, and a name s/he goes by with family. Kind of like Henry/Harry. :) They could go with "Elizabeth" and call her one of any number of nicknames.

Old 04-11-2018, 12:43 AM
Nobility

I'm expecting to see 'Victoria Caroline' or 'Mary Caroline' or vice versa as middle names for a girl, not that I've ever been right. Still hoping for Alice, Helene/a, Cecelia for first names. It's still nice to be surprised when they chose something completely different.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
I see nothing wrong with Olga. It's beautiful royal name. And it's actually British royal name: one of queen Mary's middle names was Olga.

Her full name was Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes. All these names can be used for the Cambridge baby.
Nothing wrong with the name but that it ISNT a British royal name. It was given to Mary by the Duke and Duchess of Teck, who had no idea at the time the daughter who they included it as one of her middle names, would one day marry into the British royal family. Just as Rachel will not be a royal name simply due to Meghan marrying into the family.

Same goes for Edwina. Lovely name, but not a royal name. The name of Philip's Uncle's wife, not a member of the royal family.

Quote:
S/he could have an official name, and a name s/he goes by with family. Kind of like Henry/Harry. :) They could go with "Elizabeth" and call her one of any number of nicknames.
Considering they have already honored Elizabeth, no need to do so again, especially reusing the same name. Plenty of other family members to honor.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:44 AM
Majesty

Lilian has nothing to do with Lillibet. in the 19th C Lily was often used as a nickname for Elizabeth but over time it began to be given as a flower name when the flower names became popular later in the 19th C. I don't think the RF will have a princess Lilian... there's nothing to stotp them giving a second daughter Elizabeth as a second name... or Alexandra or Mary, the queen's other names...But it does look as if everyone's expecting Alice for a girl.. I'd like to think they'd opt for Alice Mary Catherine..
Old 04-11-2018, 04:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Alice for a daughter or Philip for a son
Princess Alice most popular name for Kate Middleton and Williams' baby | Daily Mail Online

For a Princess what do you think of Alicia, the Latinate form of Alice?
Well, the most popular possible name for baby Willliam was George. And... he wasn't called that.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
Well, the most popular possible name for baby Willliam was George. And... he wasn't called that.
I don't recall George being suggested for William... but when little George was born, I felt that it was the most likely name.. and I was right...
Old 04-11-2018, 04:53 AM
Royal Highness

my guess
Prince Michael Arthur James
date of birth : April 21,2018
Old 04-11-2018, 05:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
my guess
Prince Michael Arthur James
date of birth : April 21,2018
Michael is very unlikely as there is already a Prince Michael....
Old 04-11-2018, 05:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

If they don’t chose Michael we will never know if it’s because they like the name but didn’t take it because of the other prince or because they just didn’t like that name.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We most definitely won't know if the child is a girl.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
And there is George, Earl of St. Andrews.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
for a little while, we will all learn together
Old 04-11-2018, 06:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
And there is George, Earl of St. Andrews.
And an Edward, Duke of Kent, who is also a Prince.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:15 AM
Royal Highness

I like the name Princess Claire Marie Victoria.......
Old 04-11-2018, 06:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post

That's true; I did consider that when posting but just wanted to highlight that Olga is not totally out of the blue for the Cambridges.
HereditaryPrincess, I am glad that you mentioned Olga again.
Everyone seems to have overlooked Princess Victoria, who was the second daughter of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra. Her name was Victoria Alexandra Olga Mary.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:48 AM
Nobility

Diana, Charles, Elizabeth and Carole have all been honoured with the first two children.

If it’s a boy it’s likely they’ll honour Philip and/or Michael.

But then again, with George, they haven’t honoured any living relatives, so quite likely they won’t with baby #3.

I’m still hoping for a Philip or Victoria/Alice
Old 04-12-2018, 02:37 PM
Nobility

I can't wait until we know the actual name, and ask did anyone on the forum get it right!!
Has anyone even come close before???
Old 04-12-2018, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
I can't wait until we know the actual name, and ask did anyone on the forum get it right!!
That's what i'm looking forward to find out too
Old 04-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
So many names have been suggested that someone is bound to have hit on the right one.

Closed Thread