The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 07:45 AM

I don't agree, I think its highly possible that Diana will feature somewhere in the second daughters name. I think Elizabeth is used a lot to honour The Queen...it won't be the first name though

Old 01-27-2018, 07:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

They are not going to name two daughters after the same names. Charlotte already has Elizabeth Diana.

I think Alice is a nice choice and I think Margaret is an outside choice. I like Victoria as well.

LaRae

Old 01-27-2018, 07:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Charlotte already "is" Elizabeth and Diana.
There are many more beautiful names.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

They already honored the Queen and Diana by naming Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. They aren’t just going to replace a first name and use the exact 2 middle names again.

If they are honoring people with their children’s names. There are other people to honor besides Queen and Diana. How about Philip and Kate’s parents and grandparents?

Philip Michael Charles christening in June on his great grandfather’s birthday just like his father was christened on his great grandmother’s birthday
Old 01-27-2018, 08:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
They already honored the Queen and Diana by naming Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. They aren’t just going to replace a first name and use the exact 2 middle names again.

If they are honoring people with their children’s names. There are other people to honor besides Queen and Diana. How about Philip and Kate’s parents and grandparents?

Philip Michael Charles christening in June on his great grandfather’s birthday just like his father was christened on his great grandmother’s birthday
Let me make a bold guess, which may be of course wrong: Charles will not be part of the names of any of William's or Harry's children.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Why Charles couldn't be a part of names? Did Prince Charles asked not to be?
Old 01-27-2018, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

I am hoping that Harry has the option to use Charles for his children.

I quite like Frances/Francis, would love to see that used.. and IIRC both Kate and Williams family have that name (William's grandmother and Kate's father's middle name).

LaRae
Old 01-27-2018, 08:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I am hoping that Harry has the option to use Charles for his children.
Harry has and William does not have?
Old 01-27-2018, 08:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Harry has and William does not have?
Of course, he does have the option. I was just making a (totally unsubstantiated) guess that he doesn't want to and neither will Harry. Again, I may be completely wrong.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

William’s third child’s middle name doesn’t stop Harry from using it for his child.

Isla Phillips middle name is Elizabeth. William and Kate used Elizabeth again with Charlotte. Louise also has Elizabeth as a middle name. So does Zara and Beatrice. That’s five girls in the same family with Elizabeth as a name.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:54 AM

If it is another girl I am sure they will again honour Diana, for that reason alone. I am sure Harry will honour Diana too if he has a daughter.

All I am saying is Elizabeth is usually popular somewhere in Royal names. You are right probably not Elizabeth Diana again but I think Diana will be used again if another girl to honour their mother/grandmother.

Lets wait and see.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

I see Diana between the names of Harry's eventual daughter; William already had his chance and he used it.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah sorry Sunshine but there is no way W&K will use Diana on a second girl, nor Elizabeth. People in this day and age don't do that. They don't give same middle names to their children. Lets allow them to have their own identities.

LaRae
Old 01-27-2018, 09:17 AM

we shall see, as i said before Diana but probably not both.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine62 View Post
If it is another girl I am sure they will again honour Diana, for that reason alone. I am sure Harry will honour Diana too if he has a daughter.

All I am saying is Elizabeth is usually popular somewhere in Royal names. You are right probably not Elizabeth Diana again but I think Diana will be used again if another girl to honour their mother/grandmother.

Lets wait and see.
We also have to remember that there are other family members that mean just as much to William and Kate as the late Diana. They've already honored Diana and they'll leave it at that.

Harry may use it but William will not.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:47 AM
Majesty

I agree with almost everyone that Diana won't be used again by William and Catherine. Two examples: a good friend lost her mother as a late teenager and her eldest daughter was named for her, but not her second (who was named after the other grandmother). My own grandmother passed away when my father was in his twenties; I was named after her, my younger sister was not...

We'll have to see what they do this time but it would be extremely unlikely to use the same name twice. The only time that typically happens is when parents decide that they would like to use one of the middle names of an older child as the first name of a younger one (but again, that is uncommon and if at all done mostly in large families when children have lots of middle names, so they seem to run out of names). The other exception is of course the name Mary/Maria/Marie for Catholic families, some give that name to every child.

It is indeed likely that Harry will also use the name of Diana for his eldest daughter if he would have one; as we are talking about different families. Just as among the queen's children each eldest daughter has Elizabeth as one of their middle names.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry may also choose like William did to use Diana as a middle name rather than a first name. Say Charlotte was name Diana Charlotte Elizabeth. Eventually she would be HRH Princess Diana of Wales. There would be constant comparisons to the grandmother who died tragically young.

I don’t think the same comparison would be made with a HRH Prince Philip of Wales due to the long fulfilling life of the original Prince Philip.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:46 AM
Majesty

Diana as middle name seems indeed more likely for a daughter of Harry and Meghan (getting off-topic)...

For a boy I still like 'Philip Henry James' - as Charles could be seen as included in 'Charlotte', so no need to use his name; so brothers instead of fathers would be nice for middle names.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

I think Philip for a boy would be perfect, although William and Kate seem to prefer first names that aren’t identical to those of living family members, while still being very royal. So we got George and Charlotte instead of, say, Charles and Elizabeth.

The problem with trying to hold to that pattern with another boy is that a lot of the traditional royal male names are currently in use.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
I think Philip for a boy would be perfect, although William and Kate seem to prefer first names that aren’t identical to those of living family members, while still being very royal. So we got George and Charlotte instead of, say, Charles and Elizabeth.

The problem with trying to hold to that pattern with another boy is that a lot of the traditional royal male names are currently in use.
There are many male royal names available like Albert, Arthur, Alfred or Leopold.

Closed Thread