The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think Benjamin is either popular enough, nor have any royal or family connection for William and Kate. It would be even more out there then Estelle, Estelle there was at least a family connection.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:39 PM
Majesty

I voted for Alice or Victoria in case it is a girl because most other conventional alternatives (Anne, Louise, Beatrice, Elizabeth, etc.) are already in use by living RF members and other regal names that are still available such as Mary or Margaret sound too plain to me (please, it's just my personal opinion!) . However, since William and Kate went back to the Hanoverians with Charlotte, maybe they could do it again and pick Adelaide as a possible name for their new baby girl.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:18 PM
Majesty

I think Benjamin is for when you have 10 kids
Old 01-21-2018, 01:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I voted for Alice or Victoria in case it is a girl because most other conventional alternatives (Anne, Louise, Beatrice, Elizabeth, etc.) are already in use by living RF members and other regal names that are still available such as Mary or Margaret sound too plain to me (please, it's just my personal opinion!) . However, since William and Kate went back to the Hanoverians with Charlotte, maybe they could do it again and pick Adelaide as a possible name for their new baby girl.
Why not Augusta?
Old 01-21-2018, 01:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

While Augusta and Adelaide are lovely names, really love Adelaide, I don't think they are 'trendy' enough for William and Kate. They seem to have chosen safe but still on trend royal names for their first two. Neither name even makes the top 1000 baby names.

Just like George and Charlotte, as a first name, I don't think they will stray from the predictable.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:51 PM
Majesty

I was joking about Augusta, since they have usded the names of a couple of the Georgian royals..
Old 01-21-2018, 03:38 PM
Serene Highness

I'm not convinced about David: it's too closely associated with the Duke of Windsor. I'd love them to choose Victoria for a girl: it's time for another Princess Victoria! Or Alice.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I'm not convinced about David: it's too closely associated with the Duke of Windsor. I'd love them to choose Victoria for a girl: it's time for another Princess Victoria! Or Alice.
I expect Victoria to be 'reserved' for a future queen; so probably if George's first child is a girl
Old 01-21-2018, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I expect Victoria to be 'reserved' for a future queen; so probably if George's first child is a girl
Or at least 1st daughter. I always thought if they used Victoria, as a first name, it would have been for Charlotte.

Quote:
So is Edward, but it has been used. Princess Margaret's son is David. I'd not rule it out.

Quote:
I was joking about Augusta, since they have usded the names of a couple of the Georgian royals..
I guess I missed your highly disguised joke
Old 01-22-2018, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
David Albert Charles Armstrong-Jones, 2nd Earl of Snowdon

Henry Charles Albert David (Prince Harry)

Frederick Michael George David Louis (Lord Freddie Windsor)
Old 01-22-2018, 10:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
David Albert Charles Armstrong-Jones, 2nd Earl of Snowdon

Henry Charles Albert David (Prince Harry)

Frederick Michael George David Louis (Lord Freddie Windsor)
Using it as a middle name is different. (Not ruling it out by any means).

David AJ was named to honor the queen mother's only younger sibling. David Bowes-Lyon died when Margaret was over seven months pregnant with her son (he died September 13, David was born November 3).

But since we have seen Edward used, I don't rule out David any more either.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:11 PM

My vote is for

Arthur Charles Michael- for both fathers
Arthur Phillip Henry- for the grandfather and uncle
Arthur Andrew Michael- for St. Andrew's where they met and her father

Alice Victoria Carol- for the lineage and her mother
Alice Victoria Phillipa- lineage and her aunt
Old 01-24-2018, 07:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
How about the name Madeline?

M - Margaret, Mary, May, Middleton
A - Alice, Adelaide, Anne,
D - David
E - Elizabeth, Eleanor, Edward
L - Louise, Louis, Leopold,
E - Any E not listed above
I - Isabelle
N - Nicholas
E - More E names.

Silly idea eh?
Old 01-26-2018, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Very creative idea Osipi! I think they would most likely spell Madeline as Madeleine though; as that is how Madeleine of Sweden spells it and I generally think Madeleine is the more common spelling in the UK (I could be wrong on that though, as I'm basing it on the fact that as a Brit I've met more Madeleines than Madelines). Princess Madeleine of Cambridge does have a nice ring to it but I still think it's quite unlikely as the Cambridges seem to like more direct ways to honour relatives. A fun thought though!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-27-2018, 03:54 AM
Majesty

Since I don't know of any relations called Madeleine, unless they really like the name I would say very unlikely.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:13 AM
Nobility

Girl:

Alice Alexandra Cecelie
Victoria Sophia Anne
Helena Mary Philippa
Eleanor Christine Rose
Margaret Louise

Boy:

Philip Edward Anthony
Vincent David Andrew
Christopher Thomas
Old 01-27-2018, 07:24 AM

Victoria Elizabeth Diana for a girl

or

Louis Charles William for a boy

I got it right last time!!
Old 01-27-2018, 07:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

They've already used Diana's name for Charlotte.

LaRae
Old 01-27-2018, 07:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine62 View Post
Victoria Elizabeth Diana for a girl

or

Louis Charles William for a boy

I got it right last time!!
I seriously doubt that they'd give a second daughter the exact same middle names as they did Charlotte. I think Elizabeth Diana is out.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Why not Augusta?
Adelaide Augusta Victoria would be great for a girl, although I stil think they would go with Alice as first name.

Closed Thread