Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I think when you get to baby 3, when you already have 1 of each, its almost a toss up feeling what they may have.

I also think Philip, if both are having boys, should be for Zara to use. Between Philip Tindall, Prince Philip and Mark Philip(s), the name seems right for Zara and Mike. I was leaning on Philip a lot earlier for baby 3, but definitely shifted in the recent month or two.

I really like David or Phillip for a first name if it's a boy....for a girl I like Alice and Mary.

LaRae

For a Prince use Duncan for a middle name. Duncan I was King of Scotland from 1034 to 1040.

My final guess before the curtains rise on this show is:

Boy, Arthur Michael Philip

NOW: if they have a girl I am going with first name of Alice (although I would LOVE Helena), middle names: Caroline Frances

Last edited:
My final guess before the curtains rise on this show is:

Boy, Arthur Michael Philip

NOW: if they have a girl I am going with first name of Alice (although I would LOVE Helena), middle names: Caroline Francis

I guess it could happen any timein the next 3 weeks or so...

My final guess before the curtains rise on this show is: Boy, Arthur Michael Philip

NOW: if they have a girl I am going with first name of Alice (although I would LOVE Helena), middle names: Caroline Francis

If a girl the spelling would be Frances. ;) :flowers:

For a Prince use Duncan for a middle name. Duncan I was King of Scotland from 1034 to 1040.

Technically there was also a Duncan II, but that is a less favorable association. Never really sat on the throne, spent his entire short reign fighting his Uncle Donald III for the throne. The whole 'leading a foreign army of Anglo-saxons' didn't make him too popular in the country he meant to rule. Duncan I's grandson, son of Malcolm III.

Going back further there are the Pictish Kings, Donald I and II. Donald II, who died in 900, was the last to use the title of King of the Picts.

I guess it could happen any timein the next 3 weeks or so...

Yep with the signs said to be going up on the 10th. I still have a feeling between the 15-20 at latest. Don't think she is going as far as Charlotte.

Countessmeout, Thank you for mentioning the Kings named Donald. For a Prince use Donald as a middle name.

use Donald as a middle name.

NOW.. is hardly the time for that ! Can you IMAGINE the scope for misinterpretation !!!

I think if a girl Alice which would be a nod for Prince Phlip. A boy maybe James?

It really doesn't matter. Along with Edward's son being James, the child would also have two Uncle James in the family.

I don't think they'll go with James as all as a first name. A middle name possibly.

I'm sticking with Philip for a boy and Alice for a girl. :D

It really doesn't matter. Along with Edward's son being James, the child would also have two Uncle James in the family.

I don't think they'll go with James as all as a first name. A middle name possibly.

I'm sticking with Philip for a boy and Alice for a girl. :D

I can see that. Alice is a pretty name for a girl. What about Victoria or Helena?

My guesses:

Boy:

Albert Charles Philip
Edward James Charles
Philip Henry James
Arthur Philip Charles

Girl:

Mary Alice Louise
Victoria Alice Mary
Isabella Mary Anne
Alexandra Mary Alice

Boy:
Philip Arthur James
Charles Arthur James

Girl:
Victoria Alice Margaret
Alice Victoria Catherine

For the record, I think she's having a boy, despite all the rumors different. Guess we'll know within a month!

For the record, I think she's having a boy, despite all the rumors different. Guess we'll know within a month!

I really hope she will have a girl, mostly because I don't like most of the male names that keep getting suggested. I would hate to see the poor little mite get stuck with a name like Albert, for instance.
The female names are nicer, imo.

I really hope she will have a girl, mostly because I don't like most of the male names that keep getting suggested. I would hate to see the poor little mite get stuck with a name like Albert, for instance.
The female names are nicer, imo.

I kind of like the idea of Charlotte being the little Princess though. And I really believe George needs a little brother. Either will be fun, and I'm excited to see and learn the name. And see what this new little one looks like. George and Charlotte look so vastly different (and yet similar), that I'm curious what the third will look like!

I am hoping for a boy too...Charlotte has such a big personality it will be neat having her as the Princess Royal one day.

LaRae

I can see that. Alice is a pretty name for a girl. What about Victoria or Helena?

Helena would be lovely for a Princess. Queen Victoria's daughter Princess Helena had a daughter named Helena Victoria.

I would love to see some old english or even french names brought back, especially for girls like: Eleanor, Emma, Bridget, Cecily/Cecilia, Joan, Blanche, Adela, Henriette/Henrietta, Adelaide, Judith, Sybilla, Philippa...

Arthur, Alfred, Thomas, John...

I am hoping for a boy too...Charlotte has such a big personality it will be neat having her as the Princess Royal one day.

LaRae

Good thing about being 'princess royal', no little sister is going to displace her for that. Once Anne dies, Charlotte will be princess royal :flowers:

Sorry I don't get the- I hope its a boy as it will be so much fun for George. In reality they are five years apart. This baby isn't going to be fun or interesting to George for some time to come. They wont even go to school together much. If they go to Eton, George would finish before his brother even starts.

I don't mind boy or girl, either way is great. They have one of each so happy with either one. I do kind of hope its a boy, as I am hoping/ thinking Zara is having a boy. And unlike George, Zara's boy and this little baby will be good playmates at family events.

I would like to see some old english names or even french ones brought back, especially for girls, like:
Eleanor, Bridget, Cecily/Cecilia, Constance, Blanche, Joan, Henriette/Henrietta, Emma, Judith, Sibylla, Adela, Adelaide...
Arthur, Alfred, John, Thomas...

Some great names, well other then Henrietta, but I think we will all be disappointed in our hopes they branch out from their usual Georgian path.

Victoria seems unlikely, especially with the 'reserved for a queen' rumors. I think if they were going to use it as a first name, Charlotte would be Victoria.

So? If they like the name a lot what should that matter?

A lot of people don't like reusing a name in the same generation, of close family. James may be William's cousin not the baby's, but he is much closer in age to the baby. Its not the same as say Richard where the current holder is almost 74, and wont be confused with the baby (especially as the public tends to know him by his title).

If its a boy, and born on April 15th, perhaps a middle name James in honor of his Uncle who he would share his birthday with.

What's wrong with Henrietta? Is it because Queen Henrietta Maria was a catholic and the wife of Charles I?

But is highly unlikely anyway.

If they decide to stick with a Georgian name these are some choices (some unlikely because they are already in use):

PRINCE: Adolphus, Alfred, Augustus, Edward, Ernest, Frederick, Henry, Leopold, Octavius, William

PRINCESS: Adelaide, Amelia, Anne, Augusta, Caroline, Elizabeth, Frederica, Louisa, Mary, Sophia, Victoria

If they prefer a name from Queen Victoria's family (including the Tecks):

PRINCE: Adolphus, Albert, Alexander, Alfred, Arthur, Charles, Christian, Edward, Francis, Frederick, Henry, John, Leopold, Louis, Maurice, Victor

PRINCESS: Alexandra, Alexandrina, Alice, Beatrice, Helen/Helena, Louise, Margaret, Marie/Mary, Maud, Patricia, Victoria

I would love to see some old english or even french names brought back, especially for girls like: Eleanor, Emma, Bridget, Cecily/Cecilia, Joan, Blanche, Adela, Henriette/Henrietta, Adelaide, Judith, Sybilla, Philippa...

Arthur, Alfred, Thomas, John...

Me too but I doubt that the Cambridges will do - George and Charlotte are very Hanoverian so I can imagine them choosing a similar sounding name (though I do think that Adelaide could be likely from your list). Princess Eleanor or Princess Adela of Cambridge sound wonderful; however.
I've always liked the Old English/French Adeliza, used by Adeliza of Louvain and Adeliza of Normandy (William the Conqueror's daughter), though sadly I doubt we'll see such an obscure name on an immediate member of the BRF.

Me too but I doubt that the Cambridges will do - George and Charlotte are very Hanoverian so I can imagine them choosing a similar sounding name (though I do think that Adelaide could be likely from your list). Princess Eleanor or Princess Adela of Cambridge sound wonderful; however.
I've always liked the Old English/French Adeliza, used by Adeliza of Louvain and Adeliza of Normandy (William the Conqueror's daughter), though sadly I doubt we'll see such an obscure name on an immediate member of the BRF.

Eleanor is such a pretty name. I do wish they would bring some french names back.

There are many Eleanors in Royal Families already (Princess of Asturias, firstborn daughters of Princess Madeleine and Prince Constantijn, youngest daughter of the King of Belgium..)

strictlcy speaking a few of these are Leonor.. not Eleanor.. it is a variant of Eleanor.. but its not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom