The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 01:48 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
They used Alexander for George. Doubt that they would repeat it again.

Someone should dig through the baby names thread for the pregnancies of George and Charlotte to see if someone got it exactly right prior to the names being announced.

A lot probably guessed George because it’s wasn’t in used in the immediate royal family and prior King Georges. I doubt many had Alexander

I vaguely remember seeing Alexander pop up a lot in the George thread, I think partially because it’s the masculine version of one of the Queen’s names.

I don’t see them double dipping on a name, simply because they have a decently sized pool of names to chose from, yet only go with 3 names per child. The double dipping seems to come up more often when siblings have a lot of names (or have to have Victoria or Albert in their name).

Old 11-17-2017, 02:53 AM
Heir Apparent

David or Alexandra

Old 11-17-2017, 03:36 AM
Nobility

Twin boys...Alexander and Albert.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
They used Alexander for George. Doubt that they would repeat it again.

Someone should dig through the baby names thread for the pregnancies of George and Charlotte to see if someone got it exactly right prior to the names being announced.

A lot probably guessed George because it’s wasn’t in used in the immediate royal family and prior King Georges. I doubt many had Alexander
Alexander actually came up quite a bit. Both Alexander/Alexandra. Being one of the queen's names, and its a Mountbattan name as well. George was brought up, including the fact it is used in the extended family currently (argument if should eliminate names in use as we see going now). Many people thinking it was extremely dull. The one name of George's which didn't come up too often, but a rare appearance, was Louis. Mainly so the baby would have one of William's.

Philip Charles Michael were the biggest guesses for middle names for a boy for George. Some form of them.

Both pregnancies girls names were pretty much standard. By the last weeks of Charlotte's pregnancy, several posters like Gracie Giraffe actually predicted the full name. A few agreed, and others thought Frances not Diana. Caroline was also a very popular alternative.

George the top choices seemed to be:

George Philip Charles Michael

or

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Carole

when Charlotte came around and knew only 3

Charlotte/Caroline Elizabeth Diana/Francis (2 or 3 posters exactly right)

Boy there wasn't much clear consensus. Same names we see now popping up like Arthur and David. Girls names like Alice, Mary and Cecilia appeared.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

I really like the name David. I think it goes well with George/Charlotte.

LaRae
Old 11-17-2017, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I really like the name David. I think it goes well with George/Charlotte.

LaRae
Me too!
It's one of my favorite male names.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:53 AM
Courtier

I would love for there to be a future Queen Matilda/Maude, given the history with Empress Matilda (who also went by Maude), but because I'd really like to see that I'd selfishly prefer it not be used now, at least not as the name a girl goes by. When the day comes for George to start a family, if his firstborn is a future queen I'd rather he not feel like it's already taken.

Seems to me like it's time for another Victoria in the family. I do love that name.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:56 AM
Aristocracy

I'm going with a boy named Phillip Henry David
Old 11-17-2017, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

My new prediction:
Victor for a boy and Henrietta for a girl
Old 11-17-2017, 01:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
I would love for there to be a future Queen Matilda/Maude, given the history with Empress Matilda (who also went by Maude), but because I'd really like to see that I'd selfishly prefer it not be used now, at least not as the name a girl goes by. When the day comes for George to start a family, if his firstborn is a future queen I'd rather he not feel like it's already taken.

Seems to me like it's time for another Victoria in the family. I do love that name.
They are not going to pick Maud when there is a new liltte Windsor Girl with that name who is almost the same age as George and probably will be his playmate.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
They are not going to pick Maud when there is a new liltte Windsor Girl with that name who is almost the same age as George and probably will be his playmate.
William has a cousin named Charlotte Diana and it didn't stop the Cambridges from using the name.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Majesty

That's different. I dont think that they see much of the Spencers, but Maud Windsor is G's age and at his school so I think they are likely to become good friends and playmates..I don't think they will have another Maud In George's nursery.
I'm still rooting for Alice....
Old 11-17-2017, 05:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

I do like Alice also. Along with Sophie, Alexandra, Helena, Margaret, Mary...it's too bad Louise is taken! I don't mind Arthur or even Charles.

LaRae
Old 11-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Majesty

For a son use Peter as a middle name to honor Catherine's grandfather Peter Middleton
Old 11-17-2017, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

If a girl my guess is Victoria Phillipa Catherine
Old 11-18-2017, 12:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I do like Alice also. Along with Sophie, Alexandra, Helena, Margaret, Mary...it's too bad Louise is taken! I don't mind Arthur or even Charles.

LaRae
Not sure on Charlotte and Charles. A little too George Foreman

I guess middle name but I don't see them doubling up honestly, or using masculine/feminine form. They have a Louis (Louise) and Charlotte (Charles).
Old 11-18-2017, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I vaguely remember seeing Alexander pop up a lot in the George thread, I think partially because it’s the masculine version of one of the Queen’s names.

I don’t see them double dipping on a name, simply because they have a decently sized pool of names to chose from, yet only go with 3 names per child. The double dipping seems to come up more often when siblings have a lot of names (or have to have Victoria or Albert in their name).

Royal kids born when Victoria was alive were all but guaranteed to have a Victoria or an Albert because the Queen demanded it.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:30 AM
Majesty

That's true and in Vic times, the trend grew for royal children to have a long string of names, honouring the parents, family, other royals, godparents.
I think Willm and Kate are opting for a simple three names... and sticking to traditional but not incredibly old fashioned names.
So i'd say that if they have another daughter, it will be something simple like Alice Philippa Catherine.. or maybe Alfred Philip Charles/Michael....
Old 11-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing that families do is include the kids in all things pertaining to the upcoming arrival of a new brother or sister. I'm inclining to think, after reading a recent article, that George most likely would suggest the name "Sam" for a new baby brother after his hero, Fireman Sam.

It would be really interesting to know what names the kids come up with.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing that families do is include the kids in all things pertaining to the upcoming arrival of a new brother or sister. I'm inclining to think, after reading a recent article, that George most likely would suggest the name "Sam" for a new baby brother after his hero, Fireman Sam.

It would be really interesting to know what names the kids come up with.
I would love to know what George and Charlotte have in line for their baby sibling My little cousin is George's age and he's also going to be getting a little brother or sister soon, and he really wants his sibling to be called Sheila if she's a girl. No idea where he got Sheila from, but it's cute when the older siblings chime in!

I remember reading that George liked Peppa Pig when he was Charlotte's age so if Charlotte likes it too she might be advocating Peppa for a little sister.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread