Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the name Charlotte may have been in honor of Charles and Carol so they are unlikely to be honored again with the new baby.

I would like to see a Michael in there.

Philip seems a strong likelihood - what about Philippa if a girl?

I think the name Charlotte may have been in honor of Charles and Carol so they are unlikely to be honored again with the new baby.

I would like to see a Michael in there.

Philip seems a strong likelihood - what about Philippa if a girl?

Princess Pippa - the DM would have a field day. Charlotte is also Pippa's middle name.

I Like we have an another little Princess and the name Alice!

But for the boy Philip or Albert!

I'm still hoping for a little Leopold. So cute. For a girl I'd love an Alice or even Margot. But that probably won't happen.
Well, Lord Nicholas Windsor's son is named Leopold, but I'm not sure they're close enough to matter.

Among the names I'm hoping for an Alice or Victoria for a girl. However, I've got a feeling it will be a boy, in which case I would like to see a James or Philip.
Don't forget, Prince Edward's son is named James.

Plus the baby has two Uncle James

I like both Philip and Michael for a boy and could see either of those name being used as a first name.

I love Alice for a girl (I honestly thought that's what they'd name Charlotte) and I also like Margaret and Anne.

I don't think Will and Kate are overly worried about names already being in use. When Charlotte was born, William's uncle, Charles Spencer had named his daughter Charlotte Diana just two years about before Will and Kate's Charlotte Elizabeth Diana was born. Earl Spencer apparently thought that was a grand thing to happen. :D

I don't think Will and Kate are overly worried about names already being in use. When Charlotte was born, William's uncle, Charles Spencer had named his daughter Charlotte Diana just two years about before Will and Kate's Charlotte Elizabeth Diana was born. Earl Spencer apparently thought that was a grand thing to happen. :D

William has a cousin named George, too. So far he's 2-2 with using his cousins' names. One from Sarah's brood and one from Charles' brood. Jane, your brood is next! :lol:

Last edited:

The Cambridges probably sees Charles Spencer once in every five years. So the various names of his brood of children have little to no effect on them. However it seems highly unlikely that they would use names like James, Henry, Philippa as first names for this baby or even names like Anne, Andrew, Edward, or Charles as first names

Kate already has a brother named James, a brother in law named James, not expecting her to add another James to the family. Imagine the chaos with the Christmas presents when half the family has the same name.

Last edited:
William has a cousin named George, too. So far he's 2-2 with using his cousins' names. One from Sarah's brood and one from Charles' brood. Jane, your brood is next! :lol:

Princess Eleanor in our near future :lol:

Seems more likely then Laura. Used Alexander already, maybe Robert like Janes grandson.

Eleanor it is then!?

Actually George's names all are first names of William's Spencer cousins--
George--Sarah's son
Alexander--Jane's son
Louis--Charles's son

Girl:
Elizabeth, Caroline, Alexandra

Boy:
Philip, Christian, Frederick

Princess Eleanor in our near future :lol:

Seems more likely then Laura. Used Alexander already, maybe Robert like Janes grandson.

Alexander could be a dark horse. Andrew has Edward as a middle name. And Pippa's husband has Spencer as a middle name. Both have little brothers with those respective names.

For a girl:

Anne Alexandra Alice (Name it after William's beloved aunt Anne, his beloved cousin Alexandra and grandmother Elizabeth)

For a boy:

Christian Philip Albert (After his uncle Andrew, father and grandfather, and great-grandfather Bertie)

I wouldn't actually attach the word "beloved" to Anne and Alexandra that much as we really don't see them interacting too much and they're more on the fringe of their family interactions although William and Harry have been reported to be quite friendly with Peter and Zara.

Charlotte has already been named after Gan-Gan and that was a stroke of genius. Not only named for HM, but also Kate's mother's middle name is Elizabeth along with Kate's being Elizabeth.

I think though that they will try and work names from both families into this new wee one's name and more or less steer away from names of extended family members that they really don't know that well unless they really just like the name.

Philip Michael Spencer (not for Pippa's family--for Diana)
or
Alexander William Francis

Eleanor Mary Frances
or
Alice Alexandra Victoria

My early prediction is another girl. I’d love the name Cecilia - as a first name, or anywhere within. That was the name of Queen Elizabeth’s mother, and I’ve always thought it lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexandra is William's godmother. We only see a fraction of William and Kate's interactions. Almost nothing of their private interactions. I don't think anyone doubts that William and Zara are super close. He did a reading at her wedding. She is George's godmother and William is Mia's godfather. They were even up at Balmoral for the same weekend this summer.

Last edited:
This baby will be quite far in the line of susccession so they could choose a little less formal name.
I hope it's a girl.

For a girl:

Victoria Anne Alexandra
Anne Philippa Alice

For a boy

Michael Philip Peter
Philip Henry Michael
Arthur Charles David

Philip Michael Peter
Cecilia Margaret Rose

Cecilie is also the name of Philip's sister. I agree that would be a beautiful choice of a name for a little princess. :D

This baby will be quite far in the line of susccession so they could choose a little less formal name.
I hope it's a girl.

For a girl:

Victoria Anne Alexandra
Anne Philippa Alice

For a boy

Michael Philip Peter
Philip Henry Michael
Arthur Charles David

The baby will be 5th. That's not quite far. He or She is still a HRH, child of a future monarch, sibling to a monarch. They aren't going to name it Downton or Aston Villa.

No speculation about godparents?

Cecilie is also the name of Philip's sister. I agree that would be a beautiful choice of a name for a little princess. :D

Was that the one who died in the plane crash with her family?

You’re right! I had forgotten about Philip’s sister.

I just think it’s such a pretty name. CeCe would be a cute nickname too...

George, Lottie and CeCe Cambridge... (no, I don’t know if Charlotte has a nickname - I just Love baby names, and find these cute.

I wouldn't actually attach the word "beloved" to Anne and Alexandra that much as we really don't see them interacting too much and they're more on the fringe of their family interactions although William and Harry have been reported to be quite friendly with Peter and Zara.

Charlotte has already been named after Gan-Gan and that was a stroke of genius. Not only named for HM, but also Kate's mother's middle name is Elizabeth along with Kate's being Elizabeth.

I think though that they will try and work names from both families into this new wee one's name and more or less steer away from names of extended family members that they really don't know that well unless they really just like the name.

Carols grandmother and great grandmother were both Elizabeth. Charlotte is third generation daughter with middle name Elizabeth. Possibly fourth as not sure what Dorothy had as a middle name.

Good thing for Kate is her family has traditional names so not hard to honor both families. Catherine Elizabeth, Philippa charlotte, James William. Even Michael. Could use Peter as a nod to his cousin and her grandfather.

Was that the one who died in the plane crash with her family?

Yes, she died in a crash in 1937 with her husband, two sons and pregnant with forth child.

There is also at least another in the family tree. A daughter if William the conqueror.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really doubt they'd use Anne (or Margaret or Edward or Andrew or James, etc.) Why would they use the names of an uncle or aunt or cousin?

I think it will be a name they like, one that is in style with upper class Brits, not necessarily a royal name or an out there name like Leopold.

We may be looking at a Princess Olivia or Annabelle or a Prince Oliver or Hugo. Of course, Alice and Arthur both top the Telegraph birth announcements list and they're also family names. I wonder if either of them like Alfred/Alfie, which seems popular in Britain now. To an American ear, it's pretty awful, but I bet they have friends who have sons with that name.

I'm going to scratch off Mary as a prediction. Kate and William are pretty familiar with Mary and Frederik and I doubt they'd give their perhaps future daughter the same name as the future Queen of Denmark. This is why I'm on the fence about Victoria aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom