Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I don't think Benjamin is either popular enough, nor have any royal or family connection for William and Kate. It would be even more out there then Estelle, Estelle there was at least a family connection.

I voted for Alice or Victoria in case it is a girl because most other conventional alternatives (Anne, Louise, Beatrice, Elizabeth, etc.) are already in use by living RF members and other regal names that are still available such as Mary or Margaret sound too plain to me (please, it's just my personal opinion!) . However, since William and Kate went back to the Hanoverians with Charlotte, maybe they could do it again and pick Adelaide as a possible name for their new baby girl.

I think Benjamin is for when you have 10 kids

I voted for Alice or Victoria in case it is a girl because most other conventional alternatives (Anne, Louise, Beatrice, Elizabeth, etc.) are already in use by living RF members and other regal names that are still available such as Mary or Margaret sound too plain to me (please, it's just my personal opinion!) . However, since William and Kate went back to the Hanoverians with Charlotte, maybe they could do it again and pick Adelaide as a possible name for their new baby girl.

Why not Augusta?

While Augusta and Adelaide are lovely names, really love Adelaide, I don't think they are 'trendy' enough for William and Kate. They seem to have chosen safe but still on trend royal names for their first two. Neither name even makes the top 1000 baby names.

Just like George and Charlotte, as a first name, I don't think they will stray from the predictable.

I was joking about Augusta, since they have usded the names of a couple of the Georgian royals..

I'm not convinced about David: it's too closely associated with the Duke of Windsor. I'd love them to choose Victoria for a girl: it's time for another Princess Victoria! Or Alice.

I'm not convinced about David: it's too closely associated with the Duke of Windsor. I'd love them to choose Victoria for a girl: it's time for another Princess Victoria! Or Alice.

I expect Victoria to be 'reserved' for a future queen; so probably if George's first child is a girl :ohmy:

I expect Victoria to be 'reserved' for a future queen; so probably if George's first child is a girl :ohmy:

Or at least 1st daughter. I always thought if they used Victoria, as a first name, it would have been for Charlotte.

So is Edward, but it has been used. Princess Margaret's son is David. I'd not rule it out.

I was joking about Augusta, since they have usded the names of a couple of the Georgian royals..

I guess I missed your highly disguised joke :ermm:

David Albert Charles Armstrong-Jones, 2nd Earl of Snowdon

Henry Charles Albert David (Prince Harry)

Frederick Michael George David Louis (Lord Freddie Windsor)

David Albert Charles Armstrong-Jones, 2nd Earl of Snowdon

Henry Charles Albert David (Prince Harry)

Frederick Michael George David Louis (Lord Freddie Windsor)

Using it as a middle name is different. (Not ruling it out by any means).

David AJ was named to honor the queen mother's only younger sibling. David Bowes-Lyon died when Margaret was over seven months pregnant with her son (he died September 13, David was born November 3).

But since we have seen Edward used, I don't rule out David any more either.

My vote is for

Arthur Charles Michael- for both fathers
Arthur Phillip Henry- for the grandfather and uncle
Arthur Andrew Michael- for St. Andrew's where they met and her father

Alice Victoria Carol- for the lineage and her mother
Alice Victoria Phillipa- lineage and her aunt

How about the name Madeline?

M - Margaret, Mary, May, Middleton
A - Alice, Adelaide, Anne,
D - David
E - Elizabeth, Eleanor, Edward
L - Louise, Louis, Leopold,
E - Any E not listed above
I - Isabelle
N - Nicholas
E - More E names.

Silly idea eh?

:previous: Very creative idea Osipi! I think they would most likely spell Madeline as Madeleine though; as that is how Madeleine of Sweden spells it and I generally think Madeleine is the more common spelling in the UK (I could be wrong on that though, as I'm basing it on the fact that as a Brit I've met more Madeleines than Madelines). Princess Madeleine of Cambridge does have a nice ring to it but I still think it's quite unlikely as the Cambridges seem to like more direct ways to honour relatives. A fun thought though!

Since I don't know of any relations called Madeleine, unless they really like the name I would say very unlikely.

Girl:

Alice Alexandra Cecelie
Victoria Sophia Anne
Helena Mary Philippa
Eleanor Christine Rose
Margaret Louise

Boy:

Philip Edward Anthony
Vincent David Andrew
Christopher Thomas

Victoria Elizabeth Diana for a girl

or

Louis Charles William for a boy

I got it right last time!!

They've already used Diana's name for Charlotte.

LaRae

Victoria Elizabeth Diana for a girl

or

Louis Charles William for a boy

I got it right last time!!

I seriously doubt that they'd give a second daughter the exact same middle names as they did Charlotte. I think Elizabeth Diana is out.

I don't agree, I think its highly possible that Diana will feature somewhere in the second daughters name. I think Elizabeth is used a lot to honour The Queen...it won't be the first name though

They are not going to name two daughters after the same names. Charlotte already has Elizabeth Diana.

I think Alice is a nice choice and I think Margaret is an outside choice. I like Victoria as well.

LaRae

Charlotte already "is" Elizabeth and Diana.
There are many more beautiful names.

They already honored the Queen and Diana by naming Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. They aren’t just going to replace a first name and use the exact 2 middle names again.

If they are honoring people with their children’s names. There are other people to honor besides Queen and Diana. How about Philip and Kate’s parents and grandparents?

Philip Michael Charles christening in June on his great grandfather’s birthday just like his father was christened on his great grandmother’s birthday

They already honored the Queen and Diana by naming Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. They aren’t just going to replace a first name and use the exact 2 middle names again.

If they are honoring people with their children’s names. There are other people to honor besides Queen and Diana. How about Philip and Kate’s parents and grandparents?

Philip Michael Charles christening in June on his great grandfather’s birthday just like his father was christened on his great grandmother’s birthday

Let me make a bold guess, which may be of course wrong: Charles will not be part of the names of any of William's or Harry's children.

Why Charles couldn't be a part of names? Did Prince Charles asked not to be?

I am hoping that Harry has the option to use Charles for his children.

I quite like Frances/Francis, would love to see that used.. and IIRC both Kate and Williams family have that name (William's grandmother and Kate's father's middle name).

LaRae

Harry has and William does not have?:eek:

Of course, he does have the option. I was just making a (totally unsubstantiated) guess that he doesn't want to and neither will Harry. Again, I may be completely wrong.

William’s third child’s middle name doesn’t stop Harry from using it for his child.

Isla Phillips middle name is Elizabeth. William and Kate used Elizabeth again with Charlotte. Louise also has Elizabeth as a middle name. So does Zara and Beatrice. That’s five girls in the same family with Elizabeth as a name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom