Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"There's nothing more deceptive than the obvious fact." Perhaps since the relationship between William and Catherine is so simply based on happiness, honesty, unconditional love, loyalty, mutual respect...that its simplicity has so many people perplexed. One wonders how did they simplify such a complex tradition, British royal engagements. Instead of settling for the simple explanation, people have and continue to theorize and philosophize in search of concealed rationalization.

While I'm not opposed to the union I mostly agree with your statements. I saw in the "news" papers that Kate will be in some sort of therapy to help her cope with the pressures of royal life and it was pointed out that she was "devasted" when they split as if she were fragile. If that's true it's not a great sign. Hopefully while she was waiting the past 8 years she pondered what her role could be.
No Kate is not going into "Therapy" but "Counseling" and guess what? William is going too! In this case it is the word itself that causes misunderstanding. In the UK, and the Commonwealth for that matter, you get counseling and in the USA it's called therapy.

But, in this case, the "Counseling" in question is Premarital and is a requirement of the Church of England and Roman Catholic church for those seeking marriage within the Church. :flowers:

Christian premarital counseling has Godly intent - Christian premarital counseling prepares a couple seeking marriage to enter into a relationship based upon sacrificial love for one another, and to place the needs of others before the needs of self. The Christian couple is encouraged to invite Jesus Christ to be not only a personal Savior, but also the third cord spoken of in Ecclesiastes 4:12. Jesus becomes an integral partner in the marriage. In times of marital difficulty due to conflict, hurt feelings, financial struggles, or even more serious problems such as infidelity, God calls each spouse within a Christian marriage to repentance and a renewed commitment to the marriage.

:previous:
Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. :wave:
:wreath:

To be fair in the US premarital counseling or just counseling in general and therapy are also 2 different things-

To be fair in the US premarital counseling or just counseling in general and therapy are also 2 different things-

Yes, therapy would be more intensive. Counseling would be the appropriate term for the premarital type.

So the chap from Royal Mint says it is difficult to get an accurate image on commemorative coins? Well if they can get an accurate image of the Queen on all the other coinage, I can't see why they can't do it for commemorative coinage! Had the coin actually looked like the couple in the irst place, there would be no critisism of it! I think Kate looks more like Mia Farrow. Any other people it looks like??

I think she looks like Autumn Phillips on the coin. I realize that's not flattering to Phillips, but the image comes closer to her than to Middleton.

I think that they should re-do them... it is awful..

CBC this morning spoke about the coin..they had mixed reactions. IMO I don't like it but I wouldn't mind having one.

If I hadn't been told it was William and Kate I wouldn't have had any idea who they are supposed to be - no similarity at all.

It is a little sad that the comparisons would come down to manicures which is the least important part of an engagement announcement.

Desk job? Really? Which one? It was not clear to me what she meant when asked about his job in the interview.

The sort of work she was doing for her parents - photographer and working on their website. She wasn't doing a job in which she would literally get her hands dirty.

The sort of work she was doing for her parents - photographer and working on their website. She wasn't doing a job in which she would literally get her hands dirty.

Ok thanks. As she seemed to be always on holidays, I was wondering how was she able to spend so much money on clothes. It must be a tough job since it requires an entire family to do it. I think she will have to work even harder to fulfil all the duties she will be assigned. I hope she will come up to the expectations.

Ok thanks. As she seemed to be always on holidays, I was wondering how was she able to spend so much money on clothes. It must be a tough job since it requires an entire family to do it. I think she will have to work even harder to fulfil all the duties she will be assigned. I hope she will come up to the expectations.

Most successful companies usually require more than just five people to keep it going. Catherine apparently is a smart young woman so I'm sure she will come up to the expectations of most people as she seemed to be successful in school. But then again, there will most likely be some people who will not be satified no matter what or how much she does. That's just par for the course. As the saying goes, "you can't please everyone". :)

I agree the pic on the coin is terrible, They should have just used their cypher that is on the commemorative plates rather than such a terrible picture

These souvenier pictures are so awfully terrible. Do W&C had to agree to them being produced? I can't imagine that they did...The plates are nice though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom