Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suddenly...the countdown to April 29th seem very far off. So let's have some ground rules:

1) Everyone needs to be respectful of each other. You can disagree without being rude and condescending to your fellow TRF posters. Such posts will be deleted without notice.

2) Let's cool down on the Diana comparisons. Unless there is announcement that so and so is in remembrance of Diana (ie. Elizabeth Emmanuel is designing the dress). There is no need for speculation.

3) Let's be respectful to your fellow TRF posters.

Questions can be directed to the British moderators and/or TRF administrators via PM.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Last edited:
I think what I am going to do is start counting up the hours of football he watches on the weekend and make notes.. then when April 29th comes, I'll just be claiming my "share". :)

Excellent idea - and I may do the same with mine - I'll never be able to catch up to him!

Originally Posted by Osipi
I think what I am going to do is start counting up the hours of football he watches on the weekend and make notes.. then when April 29th comes, I'll just be claiming my "share". :)

I'm in big trouble. I am a huge football fan and watch my fair share....ok, maybe more than my fair share. My husband doesn't watch any sports at all or Royal Weddings either. Thank goodness I live on the West Coast and will probably just have to stay up all night and he'll never know how long I spend on it. [Yes, I have already put that Friday on the vacation calendar at work.] :whistling:

Hey April 29th come here. See I can make it come:)
Well anything can happen during this period. As it appears HRH Prince William can wait till April 29th.

Suddenly...the countdown to April 29th seem very far off. So let's have some ground rules:

1) Everyone needs to be respectful of each other. You can disagree without being rude and condescending to your fellow TRF posters. Such posts will be deleted without notice.

2) Let's cool down on the Diana comparisons. Unless there is announcement that so and so is in remembrance of Diana (ie. Elizabeth Emmanuel is designing the dress). There is no need for speculation.

3) Let's be respectful to your fellow TRF posters.

Questions can be directed to the British moderators and/or TRF administrators via PM.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Thank you, Zonk. The nastiness is getting really, really old.

I've already blocked the day on my calendar and put my husband on notice that he is responsible for getting the boys up and to school that morning. Mommy is taking the day off, and no boys will be allowed in my room! There is something to be said for being the undisputed Queen of my domain...

No need to thank me...let's keep it clean :whistling:

Oh yes, there is. Things were very much getting out of hand and something needed to be said, so Thank You!!

Perhaps ignoring certain posters could also be practised. I just hit the mouse button anymore when it comes to the posts of certain members, as what's the point? I enjoy my time here and they don't get a reaction. Win Win AFAIC. :)

Okay...On topic...

I'm a huge skating fan and the Canadian Stars On Ice tour stop in Toronto is also known as *my* weekend away when I don't have anything medical wise on the agenda. However, the company that owns Stars have been pushing the Cdn tour further back in April each year, which had me slightly worried.

Not anymore. Now it's full out "*NOW" what do I do!?!" as Advanced Tickets went on sale as of yesterday.

Anyone want to take a shot in the dark guess at the date of this coming Spring's Tour Stop in Toronto?

Sigh...Guess I'm going to have to give my Mom an intense tutorial on how to work the DVR Machine, since I won't be home, but watching it all in a Hotel Room. Still don't quite believe that!!

I'm going to be one sleepy Skating Fan sitting in the Air Canada Centre later that night...

Oh yes, there is. Things were very much getting out of hand and something needed to be said, so Thank You!!

Perhaps ignoring certain posters could also be practised. I just hit the mouse button anymore when it comes to the posts of certain members, as what's the point? I enjoy my time here and they don't get a reaction. Win Win AFAIC. :)

Okay...On topic...

I'm a huge skating fan and the Canadian Stars On Ice tour stop in Toronto is also known as *my* weekend away when I don't have anything medical wise on the agenda. However, the company that owns Stars have been pushing the Cdn tour further back in April each year, which had me slightly worried.

Not anymore. Now it's full out "*NOW" what do I do!?!" as Advanced Tickets went on sale as of yesterday.

Anyone want to take a shot in the dark guess at the date of this coming Spring's Tour Stop in Toronto?

Sigh...Guess I'm going to have to give my Mom an intense tutorial on how to work the DVR Machine, since I won't be home, but watching it all in a Hotel Room. Still don't quite believe that!!

I'm going to be one sleepy Skating Fan sitting in the Air Canada Centre later that night...

Sorry to hear about the conflict. Watching in a hotel room isn't as nice as watching at home, but if you can get the DVR figured out with your mom, at least you will be able to watch it later at home! Besides, since you will also be seeing something else you love, it's going to be an exciting time for you! Now if they would only give details on what time the service will start, it will make it easier for those with conflicts...hopefully.

Not the point of this, I realize, but - advanced tickets? I know tickets go on sale on Friday, and my friend and I were determined to get ice-level seats this time. How does one get advanced tickets? Now I'm scared they won't be available by Friday!

Usually if one belongs to a club or association, they have the option of purchase the tickets before they go on sale to the general public. For example, Prince (the pop star) has a fan club, those who are members of his fan clubs are able to buy tickets before they go on sale to the general public. I have a friend who has managed to do this with Prince tickets for years. They usually have the advantage of getting the best seats...its a Thank you for being a supporter.

Tiggersk8....the same day....doesn't that always happen. Well..you might be able to set the DVR before you leave....usually events are already in the DVR a week ahead. I would also schedule the event after the wedding as well in case it runs over.

I just realized I might have a couple of conflicts as well. Of course, nothing will be going on the week before.

Where are they? When can we see them together at an official engagement?? I can't hardly wait. Please let them appear somewhere.

Where are they? When can we see them together at an official engagement?? I can't hardly wait. Please let them appear somewhere.

Where are they = William was in London today, and Kate is probably with her parents or in Wales.
First official engagement = after they are married.

Where are they = William was in London today, and Kate is probably with her parents or in Wales.
First official engagement = after they are married.

No news on who she has chosen for a wedding dress designer as yet either? **tapping foot** She needs to get on it so we have something else to discuss here. :bounce:

No engagements together until after they're married?? I remember Diana and Sarah doing several before their marriage. Has something changed? Or is it because William is a junior royal?

It's like that, now that my semester at college has finished and my workflow is slowing, there's not much to talk about. Then as soon as the 'real' news starts to pop, I'll be crazy w/ papers and frelancee jobs.

BTW, @ etonline.com there is a part of their interview, with some little bits not shown before, I believe.
here is the link: http://www.etonline.com/news/103684..._Get_Candid_About_Their_2007_Split/index.html

If someone could help, I could not understand what Catherine and William said between 00:50-00:56.

:)

Last edited:
No news on who she has chosen for a wedding dress designer as yet either? **tapping foot** She needs to get on it so we have something else to discuss here. :bounce:

I doubt we'll find that piece of information out until the day, or next year.

Well the official engagement photos are due out this month, probably before Christmas. So that should be good for at least 2 pages!:lol:

No engagements together until after they're married?? I remember Diana and Sarah doing several before their marriage. Has something changed? Or is it because William is a junior royal?No engagements together until after they're married?? I remember Diana and Sarah doing several before their marriage. Has something changed? Or is it because William is a junior royal? Yesterday 07:57 PMNo engagements together until after they're married?? I remember Diana and Sarah doing several before their marriage. Has something changed? Or is it because William is a junior royal? Yesterday 07:57 PM

The time of year that Diana and Sarah got engaged contributed to the few, very few. I think it was 2 or 3 engagements they did. The balcony of Trooping of the Colour, Easter at Windsor. Diana did 2 night time engagements with Charles, the famous black dress one and a red dress engagement, can't remember any for Sarah.

Good point on the photos! Okay, at least we have those to look forward to as long as she isn't wearing that darn blue dress. I am sick of seeing it plastered all over the internet and on every magezine. :lol:
I imagine we won't see Kate much between now and the wedding, although I think it would be good PR for them to cooperate with us... ummm...I mean the press and throw a bone now and then with a photo op and a brief word or two about the wedding prep.

Last edited by a moderator:
No engagements together until after they're married?? I remember Diana and Sarah doing several before their marriage. Has something changed? Or is it because William is a junior royal?

Yes, me too. I thought they would appear at least to some events together - maybe some Christmas related events. So sad that we can't see them together.

Are you sure? Is there film or a photo? What kind of sneeze? What was she wearing?

Grainy 8mm video footage was uploaded to TMZ's website of Catherine Middleton sneezing. It was a dainty sneeze befitting a future queen, but it wasn't obnoxiously cutesy. She was wearing a black dress with pale blue ribbon trim and a pair of black knee-high boots, with a pea coat and scarf. Very chic. All the girls will want to make it their official "sneezing on video" outfit.

You're kidding right? There really is film of Kate sneezing? Well that is for really hard core followers!

Grainy 8mm video footage was uploaded to TMZ's website of Catherine Middleton sneezing. It was a dainty sneeze befitting a future queen, but it wasn't obnoxiously cutesy. She was wearing a black dress with pale blue ribbon trim and a pair of black knee-high boots, with a pea coat and scarf. Very chic. All the girls will want to make it their official "sneezing on video" outfit.

LMAO! I can't believe they actually filmed her sneezing. :lol:

It's like that, now that my semester at college has finished and my workflow is slowing, there's not much to talk about. Then as soon as the 'real' news starts to pop, I'll be crazy w/ papers and frelancee jobs.

BTW, @ etonline.com there is a part of their interview, with some little bits not shown before, I believe.
here is the link: WATCH: Prince William & Kate Middleton Get Candid About Their 2007 Split

If someone could help, I could not understand what Catherine and William said between 00:50-00:56.

:)

I'm pretty sure Kate says, "It wasn't all bad," and William feigns relief and remarks, "Phew, dodged a bullet on that one," or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom