Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol im away from this board for a year and this happens yay my best to them both may they live Happliy ever after

o and Prince Henry and James Middleton for Supporters

I think whatever happens they will develop into a strong team - they are a power couple and that is how they presented themselves -more of a business partnership which will be good for the monarchy.

I think whatever happens they will develop into a strong team - they are a power couple and that is how they presented themselves -more of a business partnership which will be good for the monarchy.

I share your view on this - they come across to me as a very solid couple and a twosome that thinks things through. I think and suspect that they are a winning team.

Wow! Yes, the pictures I am waiting for. I am very curious :flowers:

I loved watching that end part of the clip, It just shows how laid back they both are. But i must say she will have alot to learn, but i wish them the best of luck

Oh I can't wait! These will be lovely I am sure!

Official statement about the portraits in this article overall the same info as the Telegraph but nice to have official confirmation. I hope they weren't wearing the same outfits as the engagement photocall though I'm sure the courtiers wouldn't have allowed that to happen. I'm only saying this since they said the photos were taken last month after the engagement and I'm wondering if maybe it was the same day as the announcement.
Prince William, Kate Middleton's Engagement Portrait Done : People.com

Official statement about the portraits in this article overall the same info as the Telegraph but nice to have official confirmation. I hope they weren't wearing the same outfits as the engagement photocall though I'm sure the courtiers wouldn't have allowed that to happen. I'm only saying this since they said the photos were taken last month after the engagement and I'm wondering if maybe it was the same day as the announcement.
Prince William, Kate Middleton's Engagement Portrait Done : People.com

Those are the pictures for which you have used Charles/Diana and Victoria/Daniel's examples as reference, aren't they?

Those are the pictures for which you have used Charles/Diana and Victoria/Daniel's examples as reference, aren't they?
Yes they are :flowers: I am so happy they decided to do them, I was a bit afraid William may take a different route and opt not to do them.

ETOnline is saying they were taken after they did the photocall

Last edited:
Since this is official I thought I'd post this here

Prince William and Kate Middleton make fortune for charity from engagement TV interview | The Sun |News

PRINCE William and Kate Middleton are making hundreds of thousands for charity from their engagement TV interview.

Also to clear up some speculation:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

Nothing official on who will officiate at royal wedding yet. I'm told there will be roles for Archbishop of Canterbury and Bishop of London.

Last edited:
Testino is no surprise and he is a wonderful choice.

I hope we can see soon the official pics.

Last edited:
Methinks the boy William is, forgive me, too mother oriented.

I don't understand why you are making this comment in relation to that article of Mario Testino taking the official engagement pictures...
But more importantly:
Who are you to judge how this man chooses to honour his late mother?

Methinks the boy William is, forgive me, too mother oriented. Next thing you know, CM's wedding gown will be reworked from Diana's gown. Eeeek, I know I'm probably way out in left field, but I FEEL it. Apologies upfront to those who are offended!

You are aware that Mario Testino has photographed hundreds if not thousands of people other than Diana, including Charles and Camilla, right? You are also aware that Testino taking their engagement pictures does not in anyway mean that William wants to marry his mother or is mother-obsessed, right? Diana's funeral was at Westminster Abbey, but that's also where all coronations take place. If William's future coronation takes place there, does that mean he's still Diana-oriented? Should he and Kate get married in a damn tube station or in Hyde Park so that no one anywhere at any time accuses either of them of being obsessed with his dead mother?

Sakes alive, woman.

I don't think PW has a mother thing. Testino is a wonderful choice and I cannot wait for the pictures!

How does everyone think the day will unfold wholl recite vows first wonder what time itll be when Prince of Wales married in 2005 I Was up at like 5 30

How does everyone think the day will unfold wholl recite vows first wonder what time itll be when Prince of Wales married in 2005 I Was up at like 5 30

I was thinking if Kate is up and getting ready at 7 am London time, that's 2 am for me here. I'm sure the coverage will be starting well before its time for Kate to head to the Abbey and personally I don't plan on missing one minute of it! Now if I can just figure out where to send my "Mr. Remote" hubby for the day..... :D

you mean 1981? :p

Right know I work as a Freelancer, so I have a very flexible work schedule. I plan to follow the whole thing. :)
Btw, anyones know if the time has been confirmed? I believe I read somewhere 11:30, but I'm not quite sure about it.

Osipi said:
I was thinking if Kate is up and getting ready at 7 am London time, that's 2 am for me here. I'm sure the coverage will be starting well before its time for Kate to head to the Abbey and personally I don't plan on missing one minute of it! Now if I can just figure out where to send my "Mr. Remote" hubby for the day..... :D

Lol- I already have the day blocked on the calender and my hubby goes ' oh maybe I'll leave for work really early that day' lol

I have not heard a specific time. But I am sure tv stations here (US) will be covering the whole event. At least I hope so. Because I will record it. If not I will watch it here on my computer just like I did Victoria and Daniels. And I bet they will sell copies of the ceremony on DVDs.

mrsbugman said:
I have not heard a specific time. But I am sure tv stations here (US) will be covering the whole event. At least I hope so. Because I will record it. If not I will watch it here on my computer just like I did Victoria and Daniels. And I bet they will sell copies of the ceremony on DVDs.

Oh I am positive US channels will cover it- there is talk it could become the most watched televised event ever

I imagine Kate will be up much sooner than 7:00 am. Most brides have trouble sleeping the night before their wedding day, and this will be nothing even close to a normal wedding day! I will be up as soon as the first coverage starts and will watch it to the end. I have already have the week off so I will be able watch all the coverage leading up to the wedding and the day itself. Yay! My husband will just be laughing at me as he leaves for work. :lol:

Lol- I already have the day blocked on the calender and my hubby goes ' oh maybe I'll leave for work really early that day' lol

I think what I am going to do is start counting up the hours of football he watches on the weekend and make notes.. then when April 29th comes, I'll just be claiming my "share". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom