Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot damn! I just jumped up and down like someone in my own family just announced an engagement. I'd say it's about time! Congrats to William and Kate, may you have a happy, wonderful life and a peaceful reign together.

Hot damn! I just jumped up and down like someone in my own family just announced an engagement. I'd say it's about time! Congrats to William and Kate, may you have a happy, wonderful life and a peaceful reign together.

Me too.... lol...

Sophie was so happy, she is close to Will, I wonder if she knew that this was coming

About time... I had almost lost interest as it was so long to come...

On BBC are saying the photocall will be at 16:45 (London hour), it will be followed by an interview that it wil be aired at 7:00

Apparently, Kate's parents are expected to make a statement to media later.

That's perfect - thanks for confirming this! :flowers: I believe the DOC will be included in the official family photo. What do you think? ;)

On BBC are saying the photocall will be at 16:45 (London hour), it will be followed by an interview that it wil be aired at 7:00

Apparently, Kate's parents are expected to make a statement to media later.
Thanks for information. Londons time zone is one hour earlier than Germans. Im looking forward to see the pictures :).

Thanks for information. Londons time zone is one hour earlier than Germans. Im looking forward to see the pictures :).

Same here in Spain, for us will be at 17:45

Camilla is part of the family - and spouse of the Heir to the throne. Why souldn't she?

OMG! I just woke up, made my espresso and turned on my computer, and what do I see splashed on my browser home page? Prince William and Catherine Middleton ENGAGED! I had to rub the sleep out of my eyes to make sure I was seeing that right. And then I had to come right here to see if it was for real. YAY! I am so happy that the speculation is over and we now have a Royal wedding to look forward to! Woo hoo! :flowers:

Genuinely hope they will be very happy. I do wonder how the British public will feel if the wedding costs a fortune and the taxpayer is expected to pick up the tab bearing in mind all the austerity measures announced recently.

I think certain aspects of the wedding will have to be paid for by the taxpayer such as security, upkeep and maintenance of the horses and carriages (if used) and doing up the venue. But as a British taxpayer myself, I'm happy to pay for something that is going to be a happy national event and distraction from all the doom and gloom at the moment!

Please do not reference Kate Middleton as "Waity Kaity" in the engagement threads. This term has a negative connotation which is not welcome at TRF or the British Forums.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

The official announcement referred to her as Catherine Middleton and I wonder whether that is how she should be referred to from now on?

The official announcement referred to her as Catherine Middleton and I wonder whether that is how she should be referred to from now on?

I think this will be apparent from the interview later today.

Surely either name can be used? Catherine on her passport, Kate for everyday use?

We have to call her Catherine too? We can't call her Kate anymore? Kate isn't offensive.

Yay!! The one day I don't put my computer on for hours and there's MASSIVE royal news! Typical...... :)

Congratulations to William and Kate.:wub:

Great news! Finally is official.

Yay! Will be interesting to hear which day is the wedding, because I'm getting married in May 2011 so around the same time, too.

I'm curious if she will get rid off the nickname Kate and will be called Catherine from now on? I can imagine that the tabloids will still call her "Princess Kate", but let's see. ;)

hink it will be Catherine, she may hate being called that but as it is her formal name she will be called it, nick names in the royal family are more private like Maxima who calles W-A, Alexander in privte

hink it will be Catherine, she may hate being called that but as it is her formal name she will be called it, nick names in the royal family are more private like Maxima who calles W-A, Alexander in privte
I know it's off topic but Alexander isn't his nickname, just a part of his name. Catharina Amalia is also called Amalia in the family.
Isn't her official name will be HRH Princess William of Wales?

yes, hrh princess william of wales, duchess of XXX(wherever William will be duke of after marriage)

yes, hrh princess william of wales, duchess of XXX(wherever William will be duke of after marriage)
When was andrew and edward granted their dukedom and earldoms? And was the name of the new title announce at the engagement a la Swedish court?

I think Sophie Wessex will be her advisor in helping her getting use to royal life and helping her wth anything she needs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom