Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Wedding street parties could be shelved as million plan exodus abroad - Telegraph

It had been billed as a chance to recapture the magic of wedding of the Prince Charles and Lady Diana, with thousands of street parties up and down the country.

But so many Britons are intending to take advantage of the extra royal wedding bank holiday by taking trips abroad that many communities are shelving plans for outdoor get-togethers because of fears of low turnouts.

I've no doubt many will use the opportunity to go on holiday, assuming anyone can afford it by then! :whistling:

But I personally am getting similar vibes from the media as in the build up to the Queen's Golden Jubileevin 2002, months previous the media was saying how no-one was interested, no-one would bother turning up to London to see her do anything, the balcony appearance etc, it'd be nothing like the Silver Jubilee in 77 with all those street parties & everyone really into it. The media were all doom & gloom about it & yet when it got down to it far more people turned up to events and/or went to London than the media anticipated. They almost seemed in shock at how popular the whole thing turned out to be, maybe not quite to 1977 levels but far more than the media had previously predicted in the year/months beforehand. I reckon the wedding could be similar int hat sense, people will get more excited/involved once it's actually nearer the time.

So yeah, I've no idea how much real interest there is in a Royal Wedding but I also don't put too much sway in the media saying there is tons of interest or no interest at all. See what happens on the day & whether the public get caught up in it or not & want to join in the celebrations, the media should stop being so doom & gloom about everything. :p

"the media should stop being so doom & gloom about everything. :p"

But what would be the fun in that? :)

I've no doubt many will use the opportunity to go on holiday, assuming anyone can afford it by then! :whistling:

But I personally am getting similar vibes from the media as in the build up to the Queen's Golden Jubileevin 2002, months previous the media was saying how no-one was interested, no-one would bother turning up to London to see her do anything, the balcony appearance etc, it'd be nothing like the Silver Jubilee in 77 with all those street parties & everyone really into it. The media were all doom & gloom about it & yet when it got down to it far more people turned up to events and/or went to London than the media anticipated. They almost seemed in shock at how popular the whole thing turned out to be, maybe not quite to 1977 levels but far more than the media had previously predicted in the year/months beforehand. I reckon the wedding could be similar int hat sense, people will get more excited/involved once it's actually nearer the time.

So yeah, I've no idea how much real interest there is in a Royal Wedding but I also don't put too much sway in the media saying there is tons of interest or no interest at all. See what happens on the day & whether the public get caught up in it or not & want to join in the celebrations, the media should stop being so doom & gloom about everything. :p

Her jubilee was during different economic climates. The economic situation will probably determine how many people show-up. Then again maybe money will not be a factor and people will just want a show.

Her jubilee was during different economic climates. The economic situation will probably determine how many people show-up. Then again maybe money will not be a factor and people will just want a show.

If anything, the answer is likely to be to the contrary. In good economic times, people tend to have more money to take foreign holidays when there are a number of public holidays close together, as we will have in April / May 2011. In less well off times, more people are likely to stay closer to home and go to the Palace to see this free spectacle.

# 1513

The Great British Public will turn out for the wedding and all the other events between now and the end of 2012. Why? Because it has always turned out for the Royals.

:previous: Seems to me people come to their conclusions on whether or not they believe certain tabloid articles about the BRF on whether or not they care for them.

If you don't care for William or Camilla than every negative article written in the Daily Mail, the Sunday Express is true. And the source is always reliable Palace sources. But no one who ever goes on record with a name. And suddenly every thing that Richard Kay and Katie Nicholls says is the truth. Unless its not.

Let's see now William doesn't want to be royal, Snoop Dogg is not performing at the Wedding (after it was printed that he would), Earl Spencer will speak at the wedding, the list goes on and on.

How many times in the past where we told that Kate had met the Queen(several times) and it turns out they met for the first time at Peter Phillips wedding?

# 1513

The Great British Public will turn out for the wedding and all the other events between now and the end of 2012. Why? Because it has always turned out for the Royals.

Renata what does your post have to do with #1513?

Renata what does your post have to do with #1513?

I suspect she means that by a large turnout, the British public will show that they care for William and Catherine and at least the Royal Family. She says that in reply to Zonk, who has typed that whether one cares for William and/or Camilla will be determined whether one believes all or most of the press written about them.
I think that is the bigger picture and the way Renata meant what she wrote. She is free to correct me if I'm wrong at all times, of course.

Last edited:
thank you for this lovely laugh!

Grainy 8mm video footage was uploaded to TMZ's website of Catherine Middleton sneezing. It was a dainty sneeze befitting a future queen, but it wasn't obnoxiously cutesy. She was wearing a black dress with pale blue ribbon trim and a pair of black knee-high boots, with a pea coat and scarf. Very chic. All the girls will want to make it their official "sneezing on video" outfit.

I am SO tired of TMZ, ET and all the other news hounds going to this kind of extreme over everything that would be this trivial. Of course you are kidding but the sad thing is that it's plausible.

I am SO tired of TMZ, ET and all the other news hounds going to this kind of extreme over everything that would be this trivial. Of course you are kidding but the sad thing is that it's plausible.

TMZ is actually blocked in the UK now, obviously breaking privacy laws or something I guess & someone here has got the site blocked. Good idea if you ask me, if only it could be blocked everywhere, that'd probably help reduce number of paparazzi etc :D

:previous: precious indeed. Although I don't think Kate will go strapless :p

:previous: precious indeed. Although I don't think Kate will go strapless :p

Drats! And here I was thinking perhaps we had an inside scoop on THE dress and tiara! :ROFLMAO:

LOL That guy is a former tabloid editor or something. It's a sign at how low journalism has fallen that he has a job on CNN. I really hope he fails to get anything from the Royal family, ever.

Good luck w/that Piers. You're going to need it!!

That man is such a pompous twit. Almost threw something at his image when watching the NBC Special the day after the Engagement. They were talking about Kate's image and whatnot. That nitwit started talking about how the pictures of Kate at that Roller Skating Fund Raiser she was a part of organizing for Make A Wish (I've got that right I hope, as I'm going from memory here...) and what she wore will forever define her and the pictures an embrassment.

Uh huh....Riiiigggghhhtttt... He's nothing more than a living and breathing back end of a donkey wearing a body suit IMO.

On a far, far nicer and charming note...

That toy Wedding Party set, complete w/Corgi, is too freaking adorable for words!! Thanks for sharing the link to it Lady Ann and great find!! :D

Last edited:
LOL That guy is a former tabloid editor or something. It's a sign at how low journalism has fallen that he has a job on CNN. I really hope he fails to get anything from the Royal family, ever.

I hope so too. I despise his style of "journalism", he uses a lot of shock tactics I find, usually comes out with anything vaguely controversial or sensational just so it gets more attention/airtime. Ugh. Hope he never gets to do an interview with anyone from the Royal Family

Wow. Its amazing that it has been 3 years already. Time goes by so fast and they have come so far in three years. It was a joyous time for everyone and only more wonderful times to come. Cant wait to see what the future holds.

Wow. Its amazing that it has been 3 years already. Time goes by so fast and they have come so far in three years. It was a joyous time for everyone and only more wonderful times to come. Cant wait to see what the future holds.

I hope and pray that the Cambridge's lives will continue to be filled with happiness and joy. I'm too can't wait to see what the future holds for William & Catherine and George.

I hope and pray that the Cambridge's lives will continue to be filled with happiness and joy. I'm too can't wait to see what the future holds for William & Catherine and George.

And the Cambridges hope and pray that George sleeps through the night!

British Royals @britishroyals · 6h 6 hours ago
16th of November: #OnThisDay 4 years ago, Prince William announced his engagement to Kate Middleton. Time flies!

I'll never forget that day.

Thank you Rudolph for sharing the link to the site. It's filled with great photos and videos.

Six years ago today folks!

Now 8 years ago!

No woman will ever accuse me of forgetting anniversaries. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom