Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

And if you're sitting by the television in the States with a phone handy, you can order one during commercials now for only $19.95! I didn't actually see the commercial but hubby did here. I imagine though I'll be seeing that commercial a lot between now and April 29th though.

This does show me however that the wedding is most likely to be hugely watched here in the US.

If you want a fairly good reproduction of the ring go to QVC.com. I bought my mom the ring. If is about $40.00.:flowers:

I went to that Web site and saw the ring. It looks quite good in my eyes.

Iluvbertie said:
Zara Phillips and Kate Middleton: Spot the one who was born to rule | Mail Online

Some people have nothing better to do than compare a country horsey working girl with a citified desk job girl with regard to the state of their hands - conveniently forgetting that one couple had over a month to prepare while the other had hours.

This is just disgusting! They obviously have nothing else to talk about. I can imagine them at their morning meeting trying to figure out and make up stories for the week...how pathetic!

I feel sorry for Kate...she'll never catch a break.

Last edited:
CrownPrincess5 said:
This is just disgusting! They obviously have nothing else to talk about. I can imagine them at their morning meeting trying to figure out and make up stories for the week...how pathetic!

I feel sorry for Kate...she'll never catch a break.

Sorry but how's it disgusting? Papers have to sell stories, Catherine knows that and she knows she'll never catch a break. She will be a royal.

Lumutqueen said:
Sorry but how's it disgusting? Papers have to sell stories, Catherine knows that and she knows she'll never catch a break. She will be a royal.

It's disgusting to see how they stoop so low by comparing hands and fingernails. It's a sad thing that she'll never catch a break. Like Elton John said, "I hope Kate knows what she's getting herself into."

ttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1341853/Kate-Middleton-immortalised-wax-Madame-Tussauds.html

I'll take the waxwork model over the real William any day!

Because his waxwork model has more hair? :lol:

It's (a bit) outdated, how old was William when this model was made?

AND to top it off, it they can stir the pot a bit and conjure up a story about the relationship between Kate and Zara being not the best .... all the better for their bottom line. Controversery is their style. :ermm:

It's disgusting to see how they stoop so low by comparing hands and fingernails. It's a sad thing that she'll never catch a break. Like Elton John said, "I hope Kate knows what she's getting herself into."

Pathetic yes, disgusting no, IMO. What else are they supposed to compare, breast size?
The issue has sparked debate on this forum, and it was mentioned even before the article was published.

The article just says what's already happening and that it will continue. It's not like they're going from staff to no staff just because they are now married.

I know, who said any diffrent, I think that it is great that they do their own things.. I love the pictures of them at the food store and taking out the trash... Hope she gets to keep that part of herself.;)

Nobody said any different, why quote my post?

When she becomes Queen, I doubt we'll see much of the real Catherine.

The article just says what's already happening and that it will continue. It's not like they're going from staff to no staff just because they are now married.

it's quite normal nowadays for Royals to have no round-the-clock staff. I think one of the Danish queen's chefs quitted because the queen wanted him to prepare meals for the evening that she could microwave or warm-up in the evening, so all staff could have their evening's off. The Swedish queen cooks every sunday evening for the family and later the king and princes Carl Philip and Daniel do the washing-up.

And it's not as if Catherine won't have the time to keep her home cozy in the beginning. This will change the more she does Royal duties or when they start their family and then they must bother with more staff. But it really seems Catherine is much more interested in William the man than William the greatest heir of the UK.

The scandinavian royals are a lot different to the BRF.

They've had no royal helpers since living together in Angelsey, this article makes it sound like it's something new for them. Which it isn't.

I'm hoping she's not going to use Williams RAF career as an excuse not to do royal duties and keep her home busy. I also don't think she should have children straight away, she should learn "to be royal" then have a few heirs for the throne.

She might be more interested in William the man, but that doesn't mean she won't recieve the trappings of being the future kings wife.

Heir to the heir = William by the way.

I'm hoping she's not going to use Williams RAF career as an excuse not to do royal duties and keep her home busy. I also don't think she should have children straight away, she should learn "to be royal" then have a few heirs for the throne.

If she was an ordinary person, I could see her waiting, adjusting to marriage before having children.
But under the circumstances, I think she should have a child right away, or there'll be enormous pressure from the media.
Every time she steps outside people will be measuring her and speculating is she looks heavier, etc.

did she only live with him on weekends or during the normal working days as well? i read somewhere that they did have a chef whom they decided to give the night off when they went to buy chips and stuff and their cctv footage was published.

Only she and William would know what she's really interested in. And to me, William seems to come in a package, not alone.

Heir to the heir = William by the way.
I meant the "Greatest Heir" in the sense of eligible bachelor on the marriage market - which is William as Charles is already married.

And I personally doubt that William is ironing the shirts for his formal attire when he has Royal engagements. I don't see Catherine do the ironing either. Surely a valet at Clarence House does it. Or they use a laundry. But it's not so difficult to keep a rented house tidy on your own. It's much more difficult to upkeep an inherited palace full of bric-a-brac. Royal bric-a-brac but dustcatchers none-the-less.

I think for the next 2 years or so after the wedding we shall actually see them quite infrequently-

I I love the pictures of them at the food store and taking out the trash....;)

It is the pictures like that that I find offensive. They should be allowed some privacy and those photos are simply intrusive. After what happened to Diana I simply can't understand anyone making a comment like that.

I think for the next 2 years or so after the wedding we shall actually see them quite infrequently-

I agree and the consequence could very well be a growing anti-Kate, lazy Kate media blitz.

She isn't the most popular royal fiancee and she will need to win over the British public. However, unless she has children, she will be expected to be seen doing something on a regular basis. William has a pass as he is a serving officer but she won't get a pass for long.

I think we should wait and see what will happen.

I agree and the consequence could very well be a growing anti-Kate, lazy Kate media blitz.

Would that then be because she would not be living up to her royal status?

She isn't the most popular royal fiancee and she will need to win over the British public. However, unless she has children, she will be expected to be seen doing something on a regular basis. William has a pass as he is a serving officer but she won't get a pass for long.

Who would be the most popular royal fiancée then? I think she should win the British over in her own way but of course, some people won't ever be pleased.
We will see about her not getting a pass for long after the wedding. We don't know what she is going to do.

Would that then be because she would not be living up to her royal status?

Yes - the British people have certain expectations of their royals and Kate is to become one of the most senior ones so she will be expected to pull her weight. If she is seen as not doing so then the public could easily turn against her and that won't be good for the monarchy. It already has an heir to the throne who isn't loved or respected by about 40% of the population and whose spouse is even less loved and respected. The institution can't have the second in line to the throne married to a woman with less than about 80% approval and that from early on.

Who would be the most popular royal fiancée then? I think she should win the British over in her own way but of course, some people won't ever be pleased.

Diana

We will see about her not getting a pass for long after the wedding. We don't know what she is going to do.

We don't know what she is going to do but if she is going to simply be a housewife and not be seen to be working the pass won't last long.

If she is seen as doing things within the local community and area she will be given time to grow into the role.

I think we will see as much of William & Kate post-wedding as we do currently of William. Technically not a lot is changing for him in terms of expectations for him to do Royal Duties right now as he will still be in active service with the RAF (til 2013? Have I got that right?) I think he'll do what he currently does, the big events (Trooping the Colour etc), certain events with his current charities/patronages & the other things he does with the FA, one or two "representing the Queen" like he did in Australia earlier this year & I suspect Kate will tag along to those events, not do much solo or anything. Once William is no longer actually working in the RAF, or if circumstances in his position change ie: if Charles becomes King, only then do I see any significant increase in Royal Duties & activities by either of them, maybe a small increase year on year but nothing hugely substancial til he's no longer actively serving with the RAF.

If I were them I'd crack on with having kids whilst William was still stationed in Wales with the RAF as it may give them a little more privacy, stability etc when they perhaps aren't going to be fully laden with Royal Duties & trips abroad & what have you. But that's just my own opinion there.

Diana was unprecedented and I don't think anyone should want that kind of popularity. Quite unhealthy, if you ask me.
I do agree with your last part and I don't think she will simply sit at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the pictures like that that I find offensive. They should be allowed some privacy and those photos are simply intrusive. After what happened to Diana I simply can't understand anyone making a comment like that.

Well, when you put it like that I guess I agree, but with all the harsh and negative comments that some posters have been putting on this forum..I found it odd mine is the one you can't simply understand.

Well, when you put it like that I guess I agree, but with all the harsh and negative comments that some posters have been putting on this forum..I found it odd mine is the one you can't simply understand.

It was your comment about enjoying the photos of them at the shops and putting out the garbage that I couldn't understand.

Posts about people disliking one or both of them or being negative about the future aren't the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom