Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news came over the tv screen about 9.25pm in Australia. About time too. It was becoming embarrassing making this young couple wait for so long. Here's hoping the press don't try to aggrivate this couple too much. Initially of course there will be a flurry of press but hopefully after the public are satisfied with the announcement and information, I hope the press don't go too far in harrassing this couple. Congratulations William and Catherine, you both deserve a happy and fruitful life together.

congrats!!
wont there be an official conference with them both?

Haha I've checked different sources to believe in that news. LOL

OMG, it's true!!!!! I'm still at work and just got a mail from a friend in London... I couldn't believe my eyes!!! Congratulations to the happy couple!!! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: Looking so forward to their London wedding!!! :)

I just heard on BBC that the press is invited for pictures later today. (I missed part of it, so it could be a press conference)

BBC just said that there will be a official photo call, with the first official photo of the couple. But didn't give any specific time.

Genuinely hope they will be very happy. I do wonder how the British public will feel if the wedding costs a fortune and the taxpayer is expected to pick up the tab bearing in mind all the austerity measures announced recently.

This is fantastic news...I can't decide if I want to make the trip to London for the wedding or watch it with you guys on TRF.

In regards to teh costs, I imagine that the taxpayer might have to pick up something and the regular crowd will say something. But let's face it....there are going to be a ton of people who are British who come into London for this event and a lot of tourists.....so the possibility exists that a lot of British businesses (i.e. hotels, cabs, restaurants, etc.) will make some money. A good thing IMO.

Last edited:
It's about time! Congratulations to the couple! I saw this on the news this morning and screamed!

After I saw the news online I had to go to the official website to verify. I couldn't believe it.

Finally! At looooong last!

I'm glad they're going to be living in Wales for quite some time. That'll be good if he indeed ends up being made Prince of Wales sometime in the future but also they'll be able to have a somewhat more secluded/protected from the media life while they settle to married life. I think the Queen once said her years as an army wife were the happiest of her marriage.

I'll definitely fly back to London for the wedding, even if it has to be for one day only.;) Really exciting news. Please, keep us posted! I hope there will be a video of the couple, too. Can't wait to see the engagement ring!!!! :flowers:

Great! Another royal wedding!!!! This will help boost the monarchy again (and the British economy as well :))

I wonder, whether she received Dianas Engagement ring!!! Would be a great sign!

Hopefully we will see the official engagement pictures (incl. press/interviews) soon.

Bye Bine

BBC just said that there will be a official photo call, with the first official photo of the couple. But didn't give any specific time.

Ooh, I'm so excited to see the first official photo of the couple. At least now the press has a choice other than to massively Photoshop 2 separate photos of the pair to make it look like they're standing next to one another... :ROFLMAO:

I just hear on BBC that there will be an interview with the couple!

Bine221...I believe Harry has Diana's engagement ring.

So I imagine it will be something different for Kate as well as Harry's future wife. I can honestly see Harry giving a daughter (if he is lucky to have one) Diana's ring and not his future wife.

SUPER!!!!!! I'm very happy for them! Congratulations and all wishes for hapiness!

Before or after PA + Charlene???

Who would have thought we would ever see this day? ;):D

Best of luck to the couple, here's looking forward to the wedding!

I just hear on BBC that there will be an interview with the couple!

Wow, we'll actually get to hear Kate speak! (Well other than that one time she was interviewed at that convention, but she wasn't speaking about herself at all last time.) I always love these interviews with recently engaged royal couples, but I have to say this one may be my personal most anticipated one...

SUPER!!!!!! I'm very happy for them! Congratulations and all wishes for hapiness!

Before or after PA + Charlene???

No official date as of yet. Either Spring or Summer 2011. But I would imagine before Albert.

fantastic! can't wait for the details!

Today?? What time?? ;) :flowers:

I dont know, I only heard to BBC journalist that when an engagement its announced by the Royal House it is followed by a meeting between the couple and the media, and that what is the medias is expecting for.

This is when I miss Diana, Princess of Wales the most. I bet she would be happy to day because her son is marrying for love.

I guess Tina Brown was almost right about a wedding.

I have always liked Ms. Middleton. She will make a wonderful wife and princess. I don't worry to much about the press because she has Prince William to lean on. I hope the palace people will not turn their noses up because of her middle class background.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom