Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone notice the look Prince William gave during the interview, a mirror of Diana, glancing upwards. It was bittersweet for a moment.

I like the last two sentences: PW and a mature, educated woman, and father and son getting comfort from two women who understand them.

It may have been a long stretch for Kate, but she is getting a husband who knows what he wants to do with his life. I look back to the times when Diana took him to the homeless in the streets of London. This will have had a strong influence on the youngster. It explains why he wants to work in Search and Rescue...

Prince William asked for his mother's engagement ring in one of my books on Princess Diana when they went back to KP after her death.
It is a wonderful gesture on Prince William to give Catherine Middleton the ring in honor of his mother. He is sentimental. I wish Diana, Princess of Wales could be here today.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
So happy for them........ I really warmed to Kate, we haven't seen much of her except for paparazzi shots and haven't really heard her speak before. She seemed to handle all those flashes really well.

I wasn't sure how I felt about her having Diana's ring at first but it's a lovely sentiment behind the giving of it and looked lovely on her finger, really suited her and the blue dress was just gorgeous.

Why is it not tasteful? :lol: You sound a bit mormon-ish. ;)
Excuse me! The (Jack) Mormon police are here. Yes, we CAN be tasteful and stylish without all of us looking like Marie Osmond.

I would think they would be getting tired. Wills and Kate that is. It's going to be a lo-o-o-ong day for them.

Why is it not tasteful? :lol: You sound a bit mormon-ish. ;)

Kate looks lovely. The color looks very becoming on her and goes to show what a little bit of volume can do to someone's hair.
Though the interview is a bit awkward, but that's due to nerves. Understandable.

haha! yes, it was a very Mormon comment ;)
now that I think about the dress, it wasn't that scandalous on kate. I suppose you have to have breasts to worry about deep v-necks being inappropriate. I too liked the colour.

unfortunately the interview was as bland as I expected. I hope they are happy. After all, boring marriages must out last exciting ones ;)

I am so very happy for William and Catherine, Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Queen, Prince Philip and the rest of the Royal Family.
It is just so sad that Princess Diana did not live to see this day...
For myself; I just can't wait to see all those specials, magazines, books and dvd's to come out!!!

Excuse me! The (Jack) Mormon police are here. Yes, we CAN be tasteful and stylish without all of us looking like Marie Osmond.

I would think they would be getting tired. Wills and Kate that is. It's going to be a lo-o-o-ong day for them.
You can be tasteful too when showing off your chest... :whistling:

She isn't even showing anything that really comes close to a cleavage. V-necks are awesome, depending on who and how you're wearing it.

Kate looks great. She doesn't look sexy or whatever, just pretty and classy.

about the meeting with the Queen
I first met her at Peter and Autumn's wedding and again it was amongst a lot of other guests and she was very friendly.
honesty, I'm not very familiar with Will&Kate story, but I was thinking that she met HM earlier.

anyway,
the interview was very nice, William was relaxed, he was smiling and joking, Kate seems to be more nervous, but I totally understand her.

Now I'm waiting for a wedding date and I will start the countdown

All the best for them, lot of love:flowers:

You can be tasteful too when showing off your chest... :whistling:
If I were Marie Osmond I'd actually HAVE a chest.. .. :p

I know everybody here is all happy that Wills gave Kate his mothers ring, however Russo disagrees. I think that he should have made a lovely necklace out of it and chosen something else for her. That, is, however, just my opinioin.

I agree. Other than that, I think she did quite well in the interview, yes she was nervous but she was natural, not fake. Hope she really knows what she is getting into and that 8 years were enough to understand.

I think that the 8 years of dating will work in their favor. They did not rush into anything & even took a break.

Remember, Queen eilizabeth did the same thing. & King & Queen ( at that time) I think made them separate for a time( I think that they went on a Tour of various countries) & when their returned wanted to know if the couple still felt the same way.

Just curious what being "mormonish" has to do with it? I find Miss Middleton surprisingly elegant and self-possessed. Do we all have to flash what we have to be attractive. Kudos to you ma'am for being your lovely self!

After so many fake news stories, it feels so surreal to hear the real thing has finally happened. Congrats to the happy couple - so glad the speculation is finally over.

I know- I nearly ignored the headline figuring it was another tabloid blow-up- then I actually saw who the headline was FROM and did a double take! :cool:

Good for them.

Just curious what being "mormonish" has to do with it? I find Miss Middleton surprisingly elegant and self-possessed. Do we all have to flash what we have to be attractive. Kudos to you ma'am for being your lovely self!
Actually, I think they mean more Quaker, or Amish, than Mormon.

I just can't believe it!!! my jaw just dropped!!!! incredible news!!!!!!!!!!

After all the rumours and hype, it did feel slightly odd to see the real thing announced.

what next events may she/ kate take part of this year?
No I don't think so, if PW was 25 or under then he certainly would have had to ask the Queen's permission. (I can't remeber what the significants of being 25 is but I'll dig out my law in practice notes and look it up for you if you like ). But because he's over 25 he doesn't have to, but I think he did anyway bless him.:D

As for the government approving the marriage, that doesn't happen in the UK. It's all down to the Queen no one else.
thank you i missed your post earlier

Last edited by a moderator:
what next events may she/ kate take part of this year?

She might do the odd thing hear and there, but I doubt she would do anything official. Not until officially married. William isn't at Sandringham this year so we don't have that.

If I were Marie Osmond I'd actually HAVE a chest.. .. :p

I know everybody here is all happy that Wills gave Kate his mothers ring, however Russo disagrees. I think that he should have made a lovely necklace out of it and chosen something else for her. That, is, however, just my opinioin.

Again, we agree. It would have been nice if she had her own ring.

There is so much love and joy between them, with such honesty.

TB: There's a story that goes around that you had a picture of him on your wall.
William: There wasn't just one, there was about 20.
Miss Middleton: He wishes. No, I had the Levis guy on my wall, not a picture of William, sorry.

[/QUOTE]

They have been talking about announcing for about a year.
He said he asked Kate before her dad in case her dad said No.

:lol:

After all the rumours and hype, it did feel slightly odd to see the real thing announced.

I saw the news alert on my phone this morning, and my fear was that either I was dreaming or that there would be a retraction issued by the time I got to my laptop to check! :ROFLMAO:

William certainly managed to catch everyone by surprise with the timing of the announcement, but it seems he likes to keep the media guessing.

Just heard the news this morning, on the radio. Considering how long we have been talking about the possibility/likelihood of this event, and how much we have said, I'm mildly surprised we've managed to find enough to say now it's finally happened to get to 24 pages on this thread already! :lol: Surely no-one is surprised by it! And I see there are related threads. They'll have to wait since I have to go on a trip.

She seems nice, and they seem happy. There can be no doubt they know each other well and know what they are getting into. I look forward to the ride we will all share leading up to the wedding.

I'm so happy for both of them! What a surprise to come here and see this! Probably the happiest day of my (short) royal watching! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom