Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read in the papers on my way from work,I didnt believe it thought it was just rumours??!! Now watching the interview on the One show,Congratulations to Will and kate!!!!!! SO happy for them,yay for Queen Kate ;)!!!!

How much mediatraining has Kate really gotten? She hardly seems nervous at all.

No offense to her but she really hasn't said anything in this interview. I get the impression that he's the pants wearer in the relationship (also proved when it was clearly the one that broke up ages ago, he decided on the date to propose etc). Their body language is odd as well...probably due to nerves.

However, she looks pretty. I don't know...massive yawn-fest.

It's nice to hear Kate speak - she has a very pleasant voice. From what I saw on the interview they're very comfortable with each other.

She was nervous durinf the interview but i's quite normal as long as she's not used to that!
She's going to get better and better through the years just as crown princess mary did when she became engaged to prince Frederik!

Kate really seems to be a nice and sweet young woman. At the same time I found her talking quite insecure. I guess she was very nervous, but still I think it was hard to understand her at times. I mean no harm.

Kate did seem very nervous in terms of body language. But she handled herself well, imo.

I'm happy for them and I really wish that their love would last and last!

I hated that she had Diana's ring on. Get ready for the comparisons, again.
and she wore the same style dress, as usual.

I agree. Other than that, I think she did quite well in the interview, yes she was nervous but she was natural, not fake. Hope she really knows what she is getting into and that 8 years were enough to understand.

yeah gabby_windsor; finally somebody who saw what we saw!!!

Yes. According to the Daily Mail:

'It's the most brilliant news. I'm just so happy and so are they. It's wicked.'

Ive never really been fan for her but she looked nice to me today. When he talked about his mothers ring i almost cried.. And It looks real nice on her.

I think theyd marry bcause there hasnt been other girls and he getting oldder but i hope that it.S more out of love then for time and convenience.

This is wonderful news. I've always liked Kate and am pleased that the future Queen is such a pleasant natured woman; is very well educated; most attractive; has a sane, successful and supportive family; and has always comported herself with aplomb and discretion. Watching the announcement with them both I was struck with Kate's ease and confidence while facing the world's press for the first time.

I've just returned from the UK and think that this engagement and wedding will provide a positive fillip to the entire community. Things seem a little despondent there and a royal wedding is just what's needed to cheer the nation up.

Heartfelt congratulations to them both. I wish them good luck, and hope that they'll always be as happy as they are today. Watching the later interview, I was struck by how much he obviously loves her and how protective he's been of her all of these years.

I also congratulate the Queen and Prince Charles. Dynastically, these private and personal matters also become very important to the State. This future Princess of Wales and Queen has been well prepared for her role and knows her future in-laws and what will be required of her very well. All shouts fine to me.

I thought the interview was lovely showed a loving down to earth couple. Obviously William was more secure than Kate but I feel she handled herself well.

I think they suit each other. She spoke well and calmly and with time she will become a lovely princess.

I Lost my mother at 14 also, there are no words to describe how a youngchild feels when they loose a parent. That sets you up for life, the trust & abandoment( even with death)issues. It took me years to let myself get close to people again. & to this day I am still closed up to a certain point & look at thing in ALL DIRECTIONS ( not just tunnel vision). I analyze everthing. But, that is just me.

I to am happy that he gave kate the RING,h is reasons are wonderful( He wanted Diana to be part of his happiness) :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Prince William and Kate
Very good news that for British Royal Family, Princess Diana could be with them ...

The fact that they're engaged is just...not registering with me. I think I might be in shock.

Congratulations to them, anyway.

YAAY!!!:clap::clap::clap:
Finally!!

Congratulations to the happy couple, I'm so happy for them!! :flowers::twohearts:

Where can we see the interview?

Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton,

Great News for the British Monarchy.

I'm soo happy for them! Kate looked beautiful in her blue dress and I love the story about William proposing in Africa...very romantic. And as everyone has said it is about time!

It shows you how much Diana was loved by the American press that her son's engagement is news-worthy, when there's a ton of other stuff going on here that demand more pressing attention.

she's too nervous, and a little LESS happy don't know why. and she has entered the relationship on his terms...but thats ok i guess. she just didn't look too happy, William seemed very happy. so i guess thats great. oh well:), she'll be fine!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom