Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kate will be happier then Diana because of William. William really loves her, he has spent enough time to know her and he seems to have more of a backbone then his father did at the time he married Diana, I think he will protect Kate, he is a lot more savey to the world then his father ever was and I think you can thank both of his parents for that, he was exposed to the world more then his father generation.

lol^^^^...didnt see that! (prince charles comment!)

I like how she choose the blue dress to match the engagement ring.
That was a very short press conference. I hope we get a video of it all.

this is great! i couldn't believe it when i read it. i feel happy for them, they obviously have a strong relationship. i'm sure kate will do well in her role as princess of wales. i can't wait to hear more!

I can' believe i've come home to this news, and that he has given her his mothers engagement ring.
The first time i've heard Catherine speak as well.
Congratulations to the pair.

Edward VII who was Prince of Wales almost as long as Charles first born son was titled the Duke of Clarence and he didn't live to see his wedding day. Hopefully William will get a title immediately. Duke of Clarence wouldn't be a bad choice as his primary residence is Clarence House.

Someone said in the other thread, about that fact they denied the rumour. Similar to when Princess Anne got engaged and it was then announced a week later.
I am very shocked.

Love that when speaking of the ring William said "it's very special to me and Kate is very special to me, put the two together, it was my way of making sure my mother didn't miss out on today".
Sorry I might have made a mistake on a word or two.

Anyone else got a bit moved and had watery eyes after he said that?
crying-1.gif
Yeah, I did. & Eventhough, I had 2nd thoughts about him giving her that ring. I am Happy now that he did. She is always with both the boys/MEN.

They will have much better luck with this ring this go round. Kate is Older & more sure of herself. & More importantly, She has someone who loves her & will stand up for her. Their body Language says it all.

I wonder if Catherine will wear the engagement ring after the wedding. I just don't feel good about this second-hand ring. Yes, its sentimental; yes, its beautiful; but it will never be her engagement ring, it will be Diana's. To me, that's sad.

Convince me otherwise...
Thank you for that- that ring bears anathema as it is a blue sapphire that brought Diana nothing but heartache from the moment she wore it.I would not have accepted that ring- it has the energy of the www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Diamond.
Astrologically, speaking no one getting betrothed should choose that stone-[neelam in sanskrit] any other but not that one- also there are others ways of having included Diana rather with her ring-
Prince William has been badly advised.

Last edited:
Aww I'm so happy for them both and wish them a lifetime of happiness! She looked beautiful. Looking forward to the interview.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :britflag:

They're such a handsome couple and Kate seemed relaxed in front of all those cameras!

She does look radiant. Diana would be proud. Although i don't like that he gave her his mother ring, i think it was some how to demostrate that her mother is among them too.

Apparently they got engaged back in October.

^yes, i've read that too. And it was their little secret ;)

I'm very dissapointed that Ian Lloyd on BBC News 24 right now, saying that Kate will fill Diana's shoes when she marries.
It's totally ridiculous.
They are saying she will add a true spark to the royals.

They got engaged in Kenya.

Congratulations to the happy couple! I cant wait for the wedding! I think it was such a touching gesture for Prince William to give Kate his mother's engagement ring. Obviously, he wanted to keep Diana with him at this very special moment in his & Kate's lives, and loves them both. Perhaps it's his way of bringing the two together since they were unfortunately never to meet. Seeing the way the two love eachother, Kate is probably very happy & proud to wear Diana's ring, knowing how important it is to William. She seems a very strong young woman and sure enough with herself & her relationship not to worry about superstitions. I wish them all the love and happiness in the world.:twohearts:

Mom just woke me up in time to see the CNN footage and I literally screamed to the top of my lungs congrats William and Kate I am soooo happy for you two. This made my year seriously.

Wonder if we will hear from Harry on the engagement, BBC has had everyone else on talking?

I'm very dissapointed that Ian Lloyd on BBC News 24 right now, saying that Kate will fill Diana's shoes when she marries.
It's totally ridiculous.
They are saying she will add a true spark to the royals.

Just saw that myself and thought he was a bit crass by continually mentioning that all the royal pundits and commentators will be hopefully making money off of this. Sounded like he was pitching for a job.
Likewise I think that Kate has been with the royal family for a long time and already knows the ropes, i.e don't talk to the press.
Think the press will be surprised to find she won't be another Diana but her own Kate.

He already has a job, lots of people think she will be the new Diana.

So. . .how happy is Albert and Charlene with this news? :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom