Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn´t expect him to give her Diana´s ring.

Is it Diana's ring ..I saw a post on BBc that says it is ...but by a poster.. I am at work and blocked for live news feed...

Last edited:
how lovely that she has diana's ring. william said it was his way of making sure his mother was part of it!

how lovely that she has diana's ring. william said it was his way of making sure his mother was part of it!

Anyone else got a bit moved and had watery eyes after he said that?

I still like that ring. I think it looks great on her and so much better than a plain diamond.

The ring may bring up neg feelings to some but it doesn't for her sons. Diana meant the world to her children. I love it when things are passed down. It can mean even more that a new item. Im sure he would have loved for his mother share his joy. This is as close as he can get.

To me, that he gave her his mother's engagement ring only displays how important she is to him.
I think it's a lovely gesture.

Kate looks great in blue and this engagement ring is so beautiful and means so much for Willaim! It's a big responsability and honour for her to wear that ring!

I hope she'll be happier than Diana was!

Kate has a really nice voice, I have not hear her speak before. I also like how she doesn't mind being called Kate or Catherine. I love how William said he liked his mother to be included in this event.

I can watch it but there's no sound on my office computer. UGH!

Congratulations Prince William and Kate! :)

The Ring - Princess Diana's Engagement Ring

Prince William: Ring means my Mother didn't miss out on this

Last edited:
To me, the photosession was the first time i heard the prince speak as well as Kate. When Victoria and Daniel got engaged i had heard her voice many times but never Daniel.

Anyone else got a bit moved and had watery eyes after he said that?

I felt very moved as well. I love that William and Harry are so loyal to their mother's memory. Very sweet.

Kate is lovely. I think she will do just fine. She is a real beauty and has yet to have the benefit of professionals. Just wait!!

Wow this is so coollllllll yayyyyyyyyyyyyy i think its grand that she has diana's engagement ring

good job kate! you were, after all, the right choice.
all the best!

I wonder if Catherine will wear the engagement ring after the wedding. I just don't feel good about this second-hand ring. Yes, its sentimental; yes, its beautiful; but it will never be her engagement ring, it will be Diana's. To me, that's sad.

Convince me otherwise...

They look happy and relaxed. But, as i see them relaxed, i see Kate a little excited at the same time!

kate seemed a little nervous, and kept looking at william for sort of *conformation*, so to speak...sweet:)

To me, the photosession was the first time i heard the prince speak as well as Kate. When Victoria and Daniel got engaged i had heard her voice many times but never Daniel.

William sounds SO much like Prince Charles!

Kate is very composed and reserved, but under the circumstances I thought she carried herself very well.

Also...lol at the clip they showed of Prince Charles--muttering: "They've been practicing long enough."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom