Education of the Cambridge Children, Part 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amaryllus

Royal Highness
City
bedford
Country
United States
I see them going the regular prep schools then boarding route, as William seemed to have no problems and made lifelong friends.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Last edited:
I hate to be the one to say, is it just a little bit too early for this?

It will be interesting to see if Prince George goes to boarding school. I agree that both William and Harry enjoyed their time at Eton, but I don't think Catherine went to a boarding school.

William and Catherine have demonstrated that they will break with the past not hiring a full-time nanny at this point, so I expect they will be independent in other decisions. The Queen and Prince Philip sent Prince Charles to a public school rather than use tutors. Prince Charles and Diana sent William and Harry to Eton. I can see William and Catherine setting out a new path, too.

The Queen and Prince Philip sent Prince Charles to a public school rather than use tutors. Prince Charles and Diana sent William and Harry to Eton. I can see William and Catherine setting out a new path, too.

Eton was Diana's choice, but Charles detested Gordonstoun, so naturally he didn't want to send his own sons there.

William and Harry did seem to like Eton very much, and it has the advantage of being located very near Windsor Castle, so I expect William will also send George there.

You may be right but Royal princes have been going to Eton or The Royal Navel college instead of only tutors since the beginning of the 20th century at least. So nothing really progressive about that.

Catherine Attended Down house as a day girl and also Marlborough College but I am not sure if she border there.

Catherine was a boarder at both Downe House (which she did not like) and at Marlborough.
I expect George will attend a day school near KP like Wetherbys, and then go off to Ludgrove and Eton since William seemed to have enjoyed both and made some life long friends. Follow Eton up with a university of Georges choice and then later Sandhurst or Dartmouth. I dont expect his education to be anything but the traditional prep for a King. Cannot see him going to the local state school system at all.

Ugh, we have a few years, lets just enjoy the infant,have fun THEN the education will commence

We are. but fun discussion is not hurting anything is it?

I'm just grateful it's not about hair.

A bit premature conversation considering George can't even hold up his own head yet! :)

Not too premature, boys get their names put down for Eton almost at birth.

Definitely the most important factor of where they go to school is the education that they receive. Along with the children that they'll interact with and the ease of having royal protection in the background, the idea is to have a good learning environment for the child. A child that comes from a very well-to-do family is as apt to be a bully or a genius as a child from a low income family that has been granted a scholarship. In early school years, children have not yet learned the ins and outs of prejudices except that boys may still go "ewwww! girls".

Both William and Harry have grown up to be men that actively show caring and compassion in the work that they do to aid and make the world a better place by supporting organizations that aid and support those that need it to have a better life. That is learned at home by example. Its not a guaranteed character trait that is taught in a curriculum.

If George and Charlotte follow in the examples that their parents have set, they're going to be well rounded, caring adults. There will expectations set for them because they're part of the royal family but going to school, their primary aim is to get an education that prepares them for the world around them.

There are varying degrees of private school. There are those which cost as low as 5000/year which is do able for lower income families with sacrifices and hard work. Then there are schools like Wetherby which three terms is about equally the average annual income in London. With only two scholarships, which are in the upper schools and split between several schools, there is also no financial aid..

I do not believe there are any private schools in central London that offer education, even at the primary level, for around c£5,000 a year. Are you able to provide some examples?

I'm not sure if this qualifies or not but here in the US, parochial schools are considered "private". I did some checking and found one in London where the tuition is roughly around 5K per term.

Fees | St Benedicts School

I take it that the information on the school I found in London doesn't apply then?

I know things are different in the UK than in the States but here we do deem parochial schools as private schools with higher tuition and acceptance policies.

I take it that the information on the school I found in London doesn't apply then?

I know things are different in the UK than in the States but here we do deem parochial schools as private schools with higher tuition and acceptance policies.

From your source:
Pre-Prep Department (aged 4 to 7 years): £4,040.00 per term (not per year)

Very amusing!!

I know many of William and Harry's longterm friends stem from their school days, do any go back as far as Wetherby?

This is a boys school so Charlotte will go elsewhere. What likely facilities are there nearby for her?

Very amusing!!

I know many of William and Harry's longterm friends stem from their school days, do any go back as far as Wetherby?

This is a boys school so Charlotte will go elsewhere. What likely facilities are there nearby for her?
Wetherby has a sister school, Pembridge, which would be a good possibility.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pembridge_Hall_School

But I am sure some of their friends and extended family with girls in school in London will have suggestions as well.

Last edited:
Where did the York girls attend?

LaRae

Where did the York girls attend?

LaRae

They went to school in Windsor, near the family home.

Started studying at Winkfield Montessori and then went to Upton house.

http://www.winkfieldmontessori.co.uk/
http://www.uptonhouse.org.uk/

Eugenie later attended st George's, Windsor. This is the school lady Louise currently attends. But she finished her schooling at Marlborough, the school Kate went to.

Beatrice attended st George's as well but the ascot location. Unlike Eugenie, she finished her schooling there.

The duke of Gloucester sent his daughters here, which is in notting hill

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_Preparatory_School

Last edited:
The school fees alone sets it apart from your average school so not sure why the uniform cost would stir up an elitism debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom