Education of the Cambridge Children, Part 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course George will go skiing. That's not my point. I meant that the chalet owned by the school looks to be small and not as secure as it should be for a royal child. Everywhere he goes he has protection and everywhere he goes has been totally secured by his protection officers. I don't think that chalet can be properly secured to their satisfaction.

I think it's completely impossible to look at an aerial photo of a building and understand from that what potential security challenges are, unless you are an expert in security and know precisely what George's protection needs are.

As Prince George begins academic life at his new school, Thomas’s Battersea, a royal source told PEOPLE that his parents, Prince William and Princess Kate remain committed to dropping George off and picking him up from school.
Though their royal duties may not always allow it,

William and Kate have promised to take George to and from school “as often as they possibly can,” a royal source previously told PEOPLE and reiterated again on Wednesday.

Security concerns at George’s school arose today after an arrest took place outside of Thomas’s Battersea. At 2:15 p.m. on Wednesday, a 40-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary at the school, where George began classes last week. The alleged incident occurred on Tuesday, according to the Metropolitan Police.

Read more: Prince William and Kate Middleton Committed to Taking Prince George to School

Last edited by a moderator:
As another parent put it, the school would be safer with George there. Yes, the school likely could use better security, for all kids, not just with George. But the royal protection isn't going to be there 24/7. They are there when George is at school. The chances of such an incident happening when George is at school, with his security in tow, is almost none. That is what they practiced. They know where and what to cover when he is in school to make it safe for him.

But part of me can understand the parents who could be concerned about their kids being in the same school as George.

It must be a bit of a school fun factor for George, eating out rather than at home. A taste so to speak of things to come.

He hasn't even been there a week and there is problem with the security

How does George's security work? He/She is hardly in the schoolroom. Sitting outside in a car, you can't cover all bases. Given the current climate, it's a worry.

How does George's security work? He/She is hardly in the schoolroom. Sitting outside in a car, you can't cover all bases. Given the current climate, it's a worry.
Actually, in the past the policeman WAS in the classroom where the royal child was, sitting in an out-of-the-way place where they always had eyes on their charge. Given today's security climate, I don't see that changing.

I heard that they had cameras in the classroom but stayed in a room nearby. Who knows. They would not release that information to us, nor should they.

It's 2017 -- technology allows us to have better than "an officer in the classroom". An officer can be steps from the classrom, watching multiple points of view (classroom, windows outside the classroom, main entrance, hallway outside the classroom) on CCTV, which reduces even further the distraction while providing a wider range of coverage.

I don’t envy William and Catherine having to worry about this, in addition to all the “normal” worries surrounding educating your child.

No kidding...that would be extremely hard to deal with. Letting your child go into that setting and knowing someone has broken in.

LaRae

:previous: Just a block or two from home.

Their web page is a precious read that should make you smile. The children's testimonials are so fun. We all like cake and playing with our best friend. I wonder what session they are starting her in?

I love the idea of Charlotte starting pre school!

Its a wise move that they're making by enrolling Charlotte in preschool. Up until now, she's been too little to go to school like George does but with becoming a "big" kid and going to school, that clears the slate for the new baby Cambridge to be the "little" one. Now, Baby Cambridge will have "big" brother and "big" sister to look after "little" him/her.

William and Kate know what they're doing when it comes to parenting. :D

Charlotte is going to have a live doll baby to dress and care for <G>

LaRae

Rebecca English‏Verified account
@RE_DailyMail

Willcocks is in Kensington, much closer to William and Kate's home, and says it is a 'traditional nursery school which strives to maintain its ethos for high standards, excellence and good manners'. It costs £3,050 per terms for five mornings.

Its a wise move that they're making by enrolling Charlotte in preschool. Up until now, she's been too little to go to school like George does but with becoming a "big" kid and going to school, that clears the slate for the new baby Cambridge to be the "little" one. Now, Baby Cambridge will have "big" brother and "big" sister to look after "little" him/her.

William and Kate know what they're doing when it comes to parenting. :D

Agreed. She is the perfect age for preschool. She is a little firecracker so I think she will enjoy being around other little kids all day. Can't wait for those first photos.

I agree that this a wise decision to begin school now.

That’s wonderful. I bet she loves it like a duck takes to water.

From the site it seems a lovely choice for her. I love the kid testimonials :flowers:

She has likely been anxious to join her brother since he started school. She seems a bit more ready to adventure out then her brother at times. Good time to transition her into school, with the new baby on the way.

Nice to hear that Charlotte is starting nursery school - seems like a sweet little place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom