The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-25-2018, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 24th June:
The Duke of Cambridge this morning departed from Royal Air Force Brize Norton for Jordan and was received this afternoon upon arrival at Amman Marka International Airport, Amman, by The Crown Prince of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.

His Royal Highness and The Crown Prince later visited The Crown Prince Foundation's FabLab, The King Hussein Business Park, Amman, Dabouq.

The Duke of Cambridge this evening attended The Queen's Birthday Party Reception given by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (His Excellency Mr. Edward Oakden) at the Residence.

Sir David Manning, Mr. Miguel Head and Mr. Jason Knauf are in attendance.

Court Circular 25th June:
The Duke of Cambridge today carried out the following engagements in Jordan.

The Duke of Cambridge, accompanied by The Crown Prince of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, this morning toured the Archaeological Site of Jerash, Jerash Governorate, and met local Jordanian and refugee children from the Makani Centre.

His Royal Highness, accompanied by The Crown Prince, subsequently visited 81st Battalion Jordan*Armed Forces Arab Army (Quick Reaction Force), Bani Obeid District, Irbid Governorate.

The Duke of Cambridge later visited the Princess Taghrid Institute’s Dar Na’mah Centre, Kufranjah, Ajloun Governorate.

His Royal Highness this afternoon visited the audio, film and animation production studios at Luminus Technical University College, Airport Street, Marj Al Hamam Bridge, Amman, and opened the new hospitality wing.

The Duke of Cambridge afterwards viewed the Jordanian Air Ambulance and Royal Jordanian Air Force Medical Evacuation and Recovery aircraft at Marka Airport, Amman Civil Airport, Amman.

His Royal Highness subsequently departed from Marka Airport for Israel and was received upon arrival this evening at Ben Gurion International Airport by Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the State of Israel (His Excellency Mr David Quarrey).

Old 06-26-2018, 04:54 AM
Majesty

Prince William arrives at Jerusalem Holocaust memorial

Day 1 Holocaust memorial

Gettyimages

Old 06-26-2018, 05:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What you state makes sense, PetticoatLane, and I've always enjoyed your posts and depths of knowledge.

What strikes me the most about this trip that William is taking right now has a five letter word attached to it that I think makes it a totally unique and meaningful endeavor. William is visiting an area of our world that has been a hot bed of tension and discord for centuries and its political struggles and conflicts fill the history books and continue to this day. Now we have a British heir to the throne making his rounds to the area and its *big* news. He is being greeted warmly at all stages of his visit and that five letter word comes to my mind with each report I read on this trip.

That five letter word? PEACE.

No offense to Britain and the royal family and the state side importance of this visit; as someone who grew up in the region and who has suffered through the hot bed mess of the conflict... this mess? Owes a lot of it’s issues to the British empire mandate days over the area (and in recent history the USA) and it’s meddling. The UK government view point and the wording the palace has used regarding this visit has caused more tension between both nations.
No side is perfect, but in this specific conflict the UK is like the parent who always pitted her two kids against each other, making them fight one another for her attention, when they were growing up and now doesn’t understand why as adults they don’t get along and fight and compete over everything. And now that the kids are adults mommy is trying to make peace.
It be funny if my family and me weren’t affected by it.

(Okay maybe not the most accurate analogy but close enough!)

I’ve always wondered if perhaps us and the Palestinians would be able to find peace and a middle ground if countries like the US and UK stayed out.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Prince William has made a deeply moving visit to Jerusalem's holocaust museum on his first full day of engagements in Israel.

The prince, the first British royal to undertake an official tour to the Jewish state in its 70 year history, was at the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial and Museum where met an 80-year-old who was saved from the gas chambers through the Kindertransport, and participated in a wreath-laying ceremony in the Hall of Remembrance.

Yad Vashem, whose Hebrew name literally means a monument and a name, is dedicated to preserving the memory of the six million Jews murdered by the Nazis and of the many Gentiles who aided them.
Read more: Prince William visits Jerusalem Holocaust Memorial | Daily Mail Online

Historic moment in Jerusalem as Israeli President Reuven Rivlin has asked Prince William to deliver “a message of peace” to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas when the Duke of Cambridge meets him later this week #princewilliam #RoyalVisitIsrael

Pic

Via Russell Myers Twitter
Old 06-26-2018, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH Prince William lays wreath at Israel Holocaust memorial

Old 06-26-2018, 08:20 AM
Majesty

Prince William meets Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu

Israel gives Prince William ‘message of peace’ for Palestine

Old 06-26-2018, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Today William met with the descendants of the Cohen family. William's paternal great-grandmother Princess Alice hid three members of the family during WWII. Earning her the honor of being named one of the Righteous Among Nations.

Prince William’s emotional visit to Yad Vashem taught him “more than I thought I knewā€¯ – Royal Central

Quote:
The memorial has recognised the Duke of Cambridge’s great-grandmother, Princess Alice, as part of the Righteous Among the Nations for her role in rescuing Jews during the Holocaust. Yad Vashem said Princess Alice “hid three members of the Cohen family – Rachel, Tilda and Michelle – in her palace in Athens during the Nazi occupation of Greece.”
Thanks to Princess Alice, the family survived and today lives in France. The Princess died in 1969, and in 1988, her remains were brought to Jerusalem. Back in 1994, the Duke of Edinburgh planted a tree at Yad Vashem in honour of his mother.
After his visit, the Duke of Cambridge met with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his wife, Sara. During the meeting, the Duke got to meet the descendants of the family Princess Alice saved.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Today William met with the descendants of the Cohen family. William's paternal great-grandmother Princess Alice hid three members of the family during WWII. Earning her the honor of being named one of the Righteous Among Nations.
Previously I only knew a little about Princess Alice and I had not heard about her sheltering 3 members of the Cohen family during the war. It must have been very moving for Prince William to met these descendants.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 26th June:
The Duke of Cambridge today carried out the following engagements in Israel.

His Royal Highness this morning visited Yad Vashem — the World Holocaust Remembrance Centre, Jerusalem, and laid a wreath.

The Duke of Cambridge today called upon His Excellency Benjamin Netanyahu (Prime Minister of the State of Israel) at The President’s Residence, Beit HaNassi, 3 HaNasi Street, Jerusalem.

His Royal Highness this afternoon called upon The President of the State of Israel at Beit Agion, 9 Smolanskin Street on the corner of Balfour Street, Jerusalem.

The Duke of Cambridge later attended a Community Football Event at Neve Golan, 14 HaBaashat Boulevard, Jaffa.

His Royal Highness afterwards visited Frishman Beach, Tel Aviv-Jaffa.

The Duke of Cambridge subsequently viewed Israeli Technology demonstrations at the Residence in Ramat Gan.

His Royal Highness this evening attended a Garden Reception given by Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the State of Israel (His Excellency Mr David Quarrey) at the Residence.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge will meet Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas a day after Israel's president urged him to take a 'message of peace' to the Arab leader.

William will sit down for talks with Mr Abbas in Ramallah, becoming the first member of the royal family to visit the Palestinian Occupied Territories at the request of the Government.

After meeting Israel's prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the country's president Reuven Rivlin yesterday, William will have the opportunity to get to know the Palestinian leader during discussions in his offices.

President Rivlin asked William to encourage the Palestinian Authority President to take the 'first step' with Israel to end the 'tragedy' between them, which has existed for more than a century.
Read more: Prince William prepares to head into Palestine | Daily Mail Online

Pics from today’s engagement in Israel

Gettyimages
Old 06-27-2018, 09:24 AM
Majesty

Prince William hopes for 'lasting peace' during Abbas meeting

Old 06-27-2018, 11:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge was clapped and cheered by Palestinians today as he made his first visit to a refugee camp to learn about the lives of Arabs on the West Bank.

After meeting Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas in Ramallah, Prince William travelled a few miles away to the streets of the West Bank camp of Jalazone to visit a United Nations school and health clinic.

The camp first opened in wake of the 1948 Arab-Israeli war but today the tents have given way to concrete buildings home built along rough-hewn streets and pavement.
Read more: Prince William meets families in UN health clinic and school | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-27-2018, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH The Duke paid a visit to the Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu yesterday.

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...06-2018%20Duke
Old 06-27-2018, 02:08 PM
Serene Highness

Doing a wonderful job I’d say!
Old 06-27-2018, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

I can’t put in words how impressed I am over William’s diplomatic tour.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-27-2018, 04:34 PM
Serene Highness

Nor I Dman....with the world watching as he carries his country upon his shoulders the Duke of Cambridge brings a quiet pride into our hearts.

Must also thank Rudolph for my history lessons!
Old 06-27-2018, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

He looks like a king.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-27-2018, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
He looks like a king.
Very proud of the way the Duke of Cambridge has conducted himself on a tour that would be daunting for EVEN the most experienced diplomat or politician [Jordan/Israel/Palestine].
Affable, relaxed and full of goodwill towards seemingly implacably opposed 'camps', bridges have been built for the future and he has done MORE than well !
It is of great comfort to most Brits that this young man will [in due course] take up the mantle from his incredibly dedicated Grandmother, equally 'good thinking' and hard working Father as our Monarch, and Head of the Commonwealth.
We are fortunate INDEED, to have such an example of leadership.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:32 PM
Majesty

A brave king, was what I thought.

I know he had great security, but during all this trip, he presents an ideal target in a part of the world that his family has not visited. Security being one of those reasons that they have not.

All I could think was that in that light jacket outdoors today, he stood out distinctly in a sea of darker suits. And looked cool as a cucumber.

He is braver than I. But then again, maybe he realized he would be the tall bald guy no matter what her wore.

But, yes, so very relaxed, controlled and yet open in a very regal way.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wonderful future King so proud of him