The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-25-2018, 04:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Second day in Jordan start with the visit at the Jeresh Archaelogical site

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...sit_to_jordan?

Old 06-25-2018, 04:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
But that looks like a room a young man would decorate himself (unfortunately in this case).

William seems to have made a real connection with the Crown Prince, much more so than he did with the young Swedish/Norwegian/Danish royals when he met them. In my opinion, this is the kind of royal-to-royal relationship that actually has relevance given the role the Crown Prince will likely play in policy making in his country. Whether William is friends with Victoria of Sweden affects nothing and no one.
Whether William has any connection is irrelevant as he will have no power over British policy in the future. The monarch of the UK does what they are told by the government not the other way round.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:08 AM
Majesty

Pics from day 2. Prince William visits the Jeresh Archaelogical site in Jordan with Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan during his historic visit to the Middle East

Shutterstock
Old 06-25-2018, 05:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Pics from day 2. Prince William visits the Jeresh Archaelogical site in Jordan with Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan during his historic visit to the Middle East

Shutterstock

Amazing pictures. Thank you
Old 06-25-2018, 05:46 AM
Administrator

Here are some more photos and an article about day 2:

** gettyimages gallery ** ppe gallery **

** dailymail: I recognise her! Prince William comes face to face with a photo of his wife as he visits the Roman ruins ..**
Old 06-25-2018, 06:19 AM
Majesty

Prince William met Syrian refugee mothers and children in Jerash, Jordan, today who are benefiting from @UNICEFJordan's #Makani programme, which offers psychological support, life skills training and alternative education for them. #RoyalVisitJordan

Video via UNICEF Jordan Twitter

Video

The Duke of Cambridge arrives at Al Quds College in Amman. Saying hello to students. #royaltourjordan

Via Royal Reporter Twitter

Video

Video 2

Prince William meets Syrian refugees at Jordan's Jerash site

Old 06-25-2018, 11:21 AM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge has arrived in Israel, making history as the first member of the British royal family to make an official visit to the country #royalvisitisrael

The Duke will spend the next three days in Israel visiting Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and the Occupied Palestinian Territories #princewilliam #royalvisitisrael #dukeofcambridge

Via Roya Nikkhah Twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dgi-c6pX0AIC_X8.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dgi-7TNX0AA1Fxm.jpg

Israeli TV is treating this arrival as if it were Sadat’s

Via Noga Tarnopolsky Twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dgi_geJW4AAqgxK.jpg

It’s big news in Israel

Prince William arrives in Israel

Old 06-25-2018, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I was pretty awe struck by Jerash from the photos I can just imagine how the Duke felt being there in person!
Old 06-25-2018, 01:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Duke of Cambridge has arrived in Israel, making history as the first member of the British royal family to make an official visit to the country #royalvisitisrael

The Duke will spend the next three days in Israel visiting Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and the Occupied Palestinian Territories #princewilliam #royalvisitisrael #dukeofcambridge

Via Roya Nikkhah Twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dgi-c6pX0AIC_X8.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dgi-7TNX0AA1Fxm.jpg

I now work for the same hotel chain that owns the King David (the hotel which Prince William will stay in) but in one of their Tel aviv hotels. as I read through an article explaining what the duke itinerary is going to be for his stay, I was suddenly very happy to have this Tuesday and Wednesday off from work, as I live in a bordering city to Jaffa, traffic into Tel-Aviv and Jaffa is probably going to be even worse than usual during the next two days. I think i’ll stay at home and do some house cleaning.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Whether William has any connection is irrelevant as he will have no power over British policy in the future. The monarch of the UK does what they are told by the government not the other way round.
Do you think this is news to me? I know William will have no formal power, which is why those visits to other European royals are so pointless, despite the distant familial connections.

If William can build a relationship with a royal who will actually, as things stand, wield actual executive power in a region where the UK has significant interests, then that potentially has a real tangible benefit to the British people. Not some airy-fairly, imagined benefit whereby William learns "how to be a royal" from some Scandinavian prince the British people have never heard of.

If the taxpayer is expected to cover the cost of these trips, then at a minimum have them be trips with at least the potential for some positive outcome.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
I now work for the same hotel chain that owns the King David (the hotel which Prince William will stay in) but in one of their Tel aviv hotels. as I read through an article explaining what the duke itinerary is going to be for his stay, I was suddenly very happy to have this Tuesday and Wednesday off from work, as I live in a bordering city to Jaffa, traffic into Tel-Aviv and Jaffa is probably going to be even worse than usual during the next two days. I think i’ll stay at home and do some house cleaning.
Quote:
It’s not often that we have royalty in Israel because we’re not a monarchy, and the visit is very historic as you know, so we’re all very excited.

He’s so well-liked, it’s unbelievable. He’s staying here for three nights, which is quite a long time, and we feel very honoured that the whole time he’s in the region he’s staying with us.

The media attention has been huge, just like when Trump came in May, but for the Prince we haven’t needed to bring in extra staff because it’s a different operation – the Prince’s delegation is taking only around 50 rooms, whereas Trump’s took 1,100 rooms, with all 230 rooms at the King David plus rooms in another 19 hotels.

We’re all very excited.

We have had a lot of experience hosting important people – such as Presidents Bush, Obama and Putin, Angela Merkel, Tony Blair, King Hussein, and of course Prince Charles who stayed twice, but this is definitely up there, it’s definitely unique. I mean, who doesn’t know Prince William?
Read more: Meet the man who'll welcome Prince William to Israel with tea and scones! | Jewish News
Old 06-25-2018, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
But that looks like a room a young man would decorate himself (unfortunately in this case).

William seems to have made a real connection with the Crown Prince, much more so than he did with the young Swedish/Norwegian/Danish royals when he met them. In my opinion, this is the kind of royal-to-royal relationship that actually has relevance given the role the Crown Prince will likely play in policy making in his country. Whether William is friends with Victoria of Sweden affects nothing and no one.
And by the same reasoning that William is friends with the Crown Prince of Jordan will affect nothing and no one as he has just as much relevance on government policy as Victoria, if indeed not less as the 2nd in line not the direct heir.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:32 PM
Administrator

The dailymail on the Duke's arrival in Israel:

** dailymail: Historic moment as Prince William touches down in Tel Aviv on first official visit to Israel by a member of the British Royal Family **
Old 06-25-2018, 05:00 PM
Majesty

Welcome to #TelAviv Royal Highness Prince William! Union Jack takes over Tel Aviv City Hall to celebrate HRH Prince William’s arrival in Israel! #RoyalVisitIsrael @KensingtonRoyal @RoyalFamily

Pic

Via Michael Dickson Twitter
Old 06-25-2018, 05:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
Completely different contexts. The Norwegian and the Danish younger royals are much older than William (with teenage kids), I would be surprised if there was a real connection.
The age difference between William and Frederik is 14 years , it's 12 years between William and Hussein .
Old 06-25-2018, 05:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
And by the same reasoning that William is friends with the Crown Prince of Jordan will affect nothing and no one as he has just as much relevance on government policy as Victoria, if indeed not less as the 2nd in line not the direct heir.
I will point you to my most recent post wherein I acknowledge that, having been born and lived in the UK for my entire life, I am aware of the extent of William's (and the Royals' as a whole) influence on decision making within the UK government. You miss my point.

The point here is not William's power over decision making in the UK, it is the Crown Prince's power over the future decisions of his country. William's ability to build a relationship with a decision maker is relevant to the British government and people; Victoria of Sweden is not a decision maker. William's relationship with her, or the evident lack thereof, is irrelevant.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Do you think this is news to me? I know William will have no formal power, which is why those visits to other European royals are so pointless, despite the distant familial connections.

If William can build a relationship with a royal who will actually, as things stand, wield actual executive power in a region where the UK has significant interests, then that potentially has a real tangible benefit to the British people. Not some airy-fairly, imagined benefit whereby William learns "how to be a royal" from some Scandinavian prince the British people have never heard of.

If the taxpayer is expected to cover the cost of these trips, then at a minimum have them be trips with at least the potential for some positive outcome.
All these trips have some benefit or the government wouldn't bother sending the royals on them. The government has to benefit not the royal - the royals are window-dressing and nothing more.

What is the point of developing a relationship with William when he will have no power? It is no different to developing a relationship between two people with no power. If one has no say in policy then it is pointless even if the other has a lot of power.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
The point here is not William's power over decision making in the UK, it is the Crown Prince's power over the future decisions of his country. William's ability to build a relationship with a decision maker is relevant to the British government and people; Victoria of Sweden is not a decision maker. William's relationship with her, or the evident lack thereof, is irrelevant.
What you state makes sense, PetticoatLane, and I've always enjoyed your posts and depths of knowledge.

What strikes me the most about this trip that William is taking right now has a five letter word attached to it that I think makes it a totally unique and meaningful endeavor. William is visiting an area of our world that has been a hot bed of tension and discord for centuries and its political struggles and conflicts fill the history books and continue to this day. Now we have a British heir to the throne making his rounds to the area and its *big* news. He is being greeted warmly at all stages of his visit and that five letter word comes to my mind with each report I read on this trip.

That five letter word? PEACE.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I wonder if he will go see his great grandmother's grave while there? Charles did when he was there in 2016.

LaRae

It is on his itinerary as the last thing he will be doing.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

William is doing a great job he has really stepped up. Kate will be glad when he is home safe