The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
If you are not sending the Prince of Wales then his heir seems to be the next most senior Royal. William's trip to China was fine, no reason to think he can't handle this.
William has taken several high profile diplomatic assignments in recent years (China, France, Germany, now Israel), which is actually quite surprising considering he is not the heir yet. Good for him and for the UK as he seems to generate positive reactions in all the official visits he and his wife make.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Good it wasn't your choice to make☺
The attitude is entirely unneeded.

Old 03-02-2018, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

The Duke of Cambridge is taking this on, i’m sure, with all the support and confidence of his family. He will represent his country proudly and I wish him every success.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree MissJersey. He's visiting at the request of the Foreign Office and gaining valuable experience in his future role as Head of State. His grandmother and his father both had the opportunity to undertake similar official visits. Other monarchs and heirs-to-the-throne have traveled there as well ie: Felipe. William's been to various Commonwealth nations, the US, China, and now has the chance to meet with the leaders in three other nations. He's going to have the experience of meeting with King Abdullah who has been involved attempting to bring peace to this historic region and to hear from him about his own experiences.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder if he will go see his great grandmother's grave while there? Charles did when he was there in 2016.

LaRae
Old 03-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I would hope that he'd take the opportunity to visit Princess Alice's grave on behalf of his family.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I would hope that he'd take the opportunity to visit Princess Alice's grave on behalf of his family.
That would be nice. I would think that visiting her grave would be on the itinerary or if not, I at least hope William will make a private visit.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-04-2018, 03:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
The attitude is entirely unneeded.
Perhaps not the best place for you to reflect on your attitude.

Slightly less facetiously, what attitude might you be referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
In my view, that is a high profile diplomatic mission in a sensitive region, so there is no doubt a senior royal should have been picked. A quick Google search, however, shows reasons why Prince Charles might not be the best choice for this trip.
Personally, I see nothing wrong with what the PoW said in private correspondence over 30 years ago.

That said, I also don't think that was the impediment to the PoW making the trip. I suspect the idea was for Prince William to make the trip to pave the way for a subsequent trip by C&C sometime in the future.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:11 PM
Majesty

KENSINGTON PALACE

THE DUKE OF CAMBRIDGE WILL VISIT JORDAN, ISRAEL, AND THE OCCUPIED PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES

As previously announced, His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge will visit Jordan, Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories this summer. The visit is at the request of Her Majesty's Government and has been welcomed by the Jordanian, Israeli, and Palestinian authorities.

The dates and cities for the visit are as follows:

Sunday 24th June: Amman
Monday 25th June: Amman and Jerash, arrival in Tel Aviv
Tuesday 26th June: Jerusalem and Tel Aviv
Wednesday 27th June: Tel Aviv, Ramallah, Jerusalem
Thursday 28th June: Jerusalem

Full details of His Royal Highness's programme will be announced in due course.

Via Majesty Magazine
Old 05-24-2018, 07:52 PM
Serene Highness

I think that’s marvelous Rudolph. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2018, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

IMO this will be the most significant visit that William has embarked upon to date. I am hoping that he'll have the opportunity to meet with HM King Abdullah in Jordan.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:54 PM
Serene Highness

I will be watching this trip very closely. Israel/Palestine peace work is something I am very involved in. I am also partly from the region so it will be interesting to see such a high profile trip. I can guarantee that Abdullah and Rania will be on hand for the Amman portions.

I have some doubts about this trip, but hope William prepares himself thoroughly. I am assuming BP will have more of a grip on this trip since KP's staff is...well there is room for improvement there.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe that the Foreign Office will be thoroughly preparing William and any others accompanying him on this significant visit to one of the world's most troubled and historic regions. This will be the first official visit by a member of the British Royal Family and undoubtedly everyone involved will be aware of the importance of this visit.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:36 PM
Royal Highness

I just learned about the trip from an article on the BBC webpage. Wow! Very big news.

I can’t think of a time when William didn’t seem well prepared including on high profile occasions like the trip to China and on occasions when lives depended on him and his team in his former career. I can’t see this trip being any different and I’m sure he, like every royal who undertakes this sort of visit, will have been walked through the whole thing almost minute by minute by the most appropriate and qualified people.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:36 AM
Majesty

Further details about The Duke of Cambridge's visit to Jordan, Israel, and the Occupied Palestinian Territories have been released

In Jordan, The Duke of Cambridge will be able to build on the strong links that exist not only between the two countries, but also those that exist between their respective Royal families who have visited each other many times over the years.

In Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories, The Duke of Cambridge's visit will be the first official tour on behalf of the Government by a Member of the @RoyalFamily.

The Duke will meet young entrepreneurs, view vibrant tech and media sectors, witness historic cultures being protected and interpreted for the 21st century, and meet people from a variety of backgrounds – including refugees – with a particular focus on young people.

The Duke will also meet with senior political and religious leaders in all three places, as well as a wide range of people drawn from across business, civil society, the arts and media and other sectors at receptions organised by the UK’s three missions.

The Duke is looking forward to building a real and enduring relationship with the people of the region, and is pleased that his programme will allow him to meet a number of people from his own generation and young Jordanians, Israelis, and Palestinians.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

The Duke of Cambridge's visit to Jordan, Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories
Old 06-21-2018, 11:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Prince William will not be carrying a political message when he arrives in the region next week for the first ever official visit by a senior member of the Royal family, and is simply coming to Israel to “celebrate” Israel-UK ties, British ambassador David Quarrey said on Thursday.

“There is no political message, the Duke is not a political figure,” Quarrey told reporters at a briefing at his Ramat Gan residence where William, the Duke of Cambridge, will hold a reception for some 350 people next Tuesday night.
Read more: Jerusalem Post
Old 06-23-2018, 03:29 PM
Majesty

Day 1: 24th June

The Duke of Cambridge will depart the UK on RAF Voyager on the morning of Sunday 24th, arriving in Amman, Jordan to an official welcome at Marka airport.

He will be greeted by His Royal Highness Crown Prince Al-Hussein Bin Abdullah II.

Their Royal Highnesses will then visit Fablab, an initiative of the Crown Prince Foundation that seeks to equip young entrepreneurs with the technology they need to realise their ambitions.

That evening The Duke will meet people from across Jordanian society and deliver a speech at a Queen’s Birthday Party at the residence of Her Majesty’s Ambassador

Then he will depart for a private dinner with the Crown Prince Hussein at Beit al Urden, the King’s private residence, where The Duke is honoured to stay overnight.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William arrives in Jordan for the start of his trip

Prince William is welcomed to Jordan by Crown Prince Hussein | Daily Mail Online

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...sit_to_jordan?

"Prince William couldn't watch the @England match live and avoided finding out the score all afternoon. He sat down with the Crown Prince of Jordan to watch a rerun after dinner at the Beit Al Urdun Palace."

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...83176909611009

And if someone don't know England won Panama 6-1
Old 06-24-2018, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow with shorter hair and his beard, CP Hussein resembles his grandfather and namesake the late King Hussein. I had not realized that the King and Queen would be absent for this trip. This is a learning experience for both future monarchs IMO.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:22 AM
Majesty

Prince William has arrived at the Tech Works centre, an initiative of the Crown Prince as part of his foundation.

Later tonight he will attend a party in honour of the Queen's birthday at the residence of Britain's ambassador to Jordan, Edward Oakden #RoyalVisitJordan

Via Russell Myers Twitter