Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the poor opressed souls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Interesting situation for NZ re weather

BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking 7 mins
Earthquake of magnitude 7.6 hits near Solomon Islands with tsunami warning issued for surrounding Pacific areas BBC News - Earthquake hits near Solomon Islands

GeoNet ‏@geonet 22 mins
Quake 5 km south-east of Christchurch, intensity strong, approx. M4.2, depth 5 km GeoNet - Quakes

BREAKING: Civil Defence issues Tsunami Potential Threat advisory for all New Zealand coastal areas including the Chatham Islands.

Yikes!

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h
Heading down to Dunedin with the RNZAF this morning as The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge move south. A day crammed with engagements....

There's a service at the Cathedral Church of St Paul in Dunedin at 10am, then Rippa Rugby at the Forsyth Barr Stadium with the All Blacks.

Then flying to Queenstown where the couple will enjoy wine tasting at the Amisfield Winery and a trip on the white-knuckle Shotover Jet

Stunning jade dress and hat for the Duchess of Cambridge today.Hat required as the couple are at church first thing.Also wearing her hair up

phil dampier ‏@phildampier 2m
Is Kate having another baby soon? Yesterday William told a woman who had made a shawl for George: "you might have to make another one soon"

Last edited:

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 20s
Cue baby #2 speculation for William & Kate, but certainly she isn't pregnant. Wine tasting in Queenstown this afternoon #RoyalVisitNZ

"@GovGeneralNZ The Royal Couple have arrived in Dunedin #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/EeH0SMrTiD"

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 55s
It's an Emelia Wickstead coat for the Duchess today - so NZ designer of sorts (even though she is based in London) #royaltour #kate

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1m
And we have a Jane Taylor hat and, again, the Queen's diamond fern brooch.... #kate #royaltour

First pic of Kate in Dunedin "@WomansDayNZ Kate's a dream in aquamarine! pic.twitter.com/xvHQqQS0Y3" #RoyalVisitNZ

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2m
Good news! The tsunami warning has been CANCELLED following the 7.6 quake near the Solomon Islands #RoyalVisitNZ

It was a ladies first hongi line in Dunedin#RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/4I73Uij49z
— Governor-General NZ (@GovGeneralNZ) April 12, 2014

Last edited:
Live Video Coverage is Now On:
Watch Reuters Live Online live at Livestation.com

Kate giving 5-year-old a royal hug on the Dunedin tarmac via @kiwidaveg #royaltourNZ #royalvisitnz pic.twitter.com/SLpPk0JQyS

JaneTaylor Millinery ‏@JTmillinery 18m
So lovely to see The Duchess of Cambridge wearing a our bespoke #hat teamed with an @EmiliaWickstead dress today. #DuchessOfCambridge

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 3m
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at the Cathedral of St Paul for Holy Communion #RoyalVisitNZ

Clearer shot today "@GovGeneralNZ The Duke and Duchess arrive at church in Dunedin #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/p3aMkbxbQB"
Waiting for the Duke and Duchess to arrive at St Paul's Cathedral in Dunedin pic.twitter.com/Xx9kxphf5O

Last edited:
Last edited:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/12/article-2602953-1D0B42CB00000578-287_964x648.jpg

Not quite sure what the guy in the background is, not even sure I'd like to know, but he sure is novel. :p

I agree Muhler and thanks for posting this picture! Apparently there was a 'Mad Hatters Tea Party' at the hospice so that the teacup is evidence for me that this is probably an actor! Thank you also to all for posting these wonderful tidbits of NZ culture! Who knew about huhu grubs and hongi lines!:flowers:

Funny you [Muhler] don't know Alice in Wonderland, I thought it was as well known as the stories of Hans Christian Anderson. It is a bit scary as most fairy tales seem to be.

Baby speculation front page news in UK
#Shawlgate all over the British front pagespic.twitter.com/a203sUCQZe
— Max Foster (@MaxFosterCNN) April 12, 2014

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 13m
The Duchess of Cambridge will be changing out of her formal church outfit when she arrives for the Rippa Rugby tournament in Dunedin today

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 11m
William and Kate will take 15 mins to change and freshen up after they arrive at the Forsyth Barr stadium... #royaltour

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 53m
Greeted by the sound of bagpipes in Dunedin, a little slice of Scotland in New Zealand, William said: "It's like being in Edinburgh."

Crowds approaching 3500 outside St Paul's Cathedral - but fears walkabout may be canned due to late running schedule #drama #RoyalVisitNZ
— Morgan Tait (@morgtait) April 12, 2014

Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess have left church and are headed to rugby! #RoyalVisitNZpic.twitter.com/8iM5mCy9ew
— Governor-General NZ (@GovGeneralNZ) April 12, 2014

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 59s
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are on the pitch at the stadium in Dunedin, where they'll coach rival teams of young tag rugby players.

At the rugby with William and Kate... pic.twitter.com/qMd0tHiAKv

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
The crowd have given the royal couple a rapturous reception. Kate's in a white top now; William in open neck shirt, jumper and chinos.

William and Kate are giving their respective team talks. I'd wager the Duke was telling his team to wipe the floor with the Duchess's side.

William kicks off the final.

The Duchess of Cambridge at the Rippa Rugby in NZ #royatour pic.twitter.com/XKSRmft9w5

William's team wins 30-20.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 50s
Not quite a fist pump but a victory celebration from William and a bit of banter between him and the missus.

Last edited:
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 5m
Next up for William & Kate: Queenstown for wine-tasting & the Shotoever jet! #RoyalVisitNZ

I'm really enjoying this tour and William & Catherine are having the time of their lives too.

Pictures:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Tour Australia And New Zealand - Day 6

Last edited:
Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Trip to NZ and Australia, April 7-25 2014

And my heart has melted for a hundredth time! Kate hugging that little girl was absolutely precious, and in the picture with her rugby team, it's hard to tell who is having more fun, her or the kids. This tour is a joy to follow. This couple is making so many people smile.

Last edited:
And my heart has melted for a hundredth time! Kate hugging that little girl,was absolutely precious, and in the picture with her rugby team, it's hard to tell who is having more fun, her or the kids. This tour is a joy to follow. This couple is making so many people smile.

My very thoughts!!! Children are so perceptive...the little girl at Rainbow Place said that Catherine had "smiley eyes"...so sweet!

Dman Thank you for Pictures - Day 6.
I especially like the photograph of Catherine and William looking tenderly at each other.

Pictures From Today:
The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Tour Australia And New Zealand-
Search - Getty Images : NZL: The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Tour Australia And New Zealand - Day 7

What's in a word? Baby speculation may be misplaced-
Lady who knitted shawl for Prince George says William actually said "you may need to make another one sometime", not "soon" #royalvisitnz
— Ruth Wynn-Williams (@ruthtvnz) April 13, 2014

The Duke and Duchess have just landed in Queenstown! #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/rfDvrYhz8n
William & Kate are in beautiful Queenstown for some wine-tasting & a ride on the Shotover Jet #RoyalVisitNZ
The Royal Couple have just arrived at @Amisfield in beautiful (sunny!) Queenstown #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/UhsC7yHRXc

Last edited:
Nice how do I sign up for this job lol;)

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2m
They seemed to enjoy that. The royal party burst into applause after their Shotover Jet ride. "Thank you so much," said Kate. #royalvisitNZ

Prince William & Kate pose for a group pic before boarding the Shotover Jet in Queenstown. #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/qCRsg4EqDk
Well they are still smiling after the jet has come back..... #william #katepic.twitter.com/2UsJV3McdN
— Rebecca English (@RE_DailyMail) April 13, 2014
They royal couple are in the second row-
The #royalvisitnz is getting a dose of adventure#Queenstown style pic.twitter.com/7Fk7jG0Wid
— Shotover Jet (@ShotoverJet) April 13, 2014

What's next on the royal visit:
"Kate and William will spend their first night away from baby Prince George tonight. They'll be reunited with George tomorrow afternoon after they spend time in Christchurch. William first visited the city not long after the devastating earthquake in 2011. The couple will on Monday pay their respects, with a visit to the CTV memorial park. They'll also attend a Cricket World Cup event, open a visitors centre in the Botanical Gardens, and visit the Air Force Museum at Wigram."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11232364

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom