Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be such a fun event. One of the articles I was reading earlier mentioned that William said he can't wait to race against Kate.

And hopefully in better weather.

Earlier in the week the weather reports said it would rain through till today, Thursday, and then it would be sunny Friday and Saturday. Hope that's still the case.

I saw some comments that all this rain is not helping with show-casing New Zealand as a tourist destination as was originally hoped.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Last edited:
So much for all those posters suggesting that the trip was unlikely to attract much local interest!

Exactly! It is just as I had predicted some weeks ago: first an expression of alleged general non-interest, but when the visit comes closer and the Royals have started the trip everyone gets mad.:lol:
It´s always been this way (well, not in the old, old days - but about the last 30 years or something). Sorry (no, not really :whistling:), Republicans!

Last edited:
Lunch At A Winery Today Between Engagements.

Just saw a bit more on telly - and maybe this was generally known - but the "private" lunch the Duke and Duchess had between the wreath-laying and the air museum was at a local winery.

This part of New Zealand is the wine capital of the country.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Thanks for the clip, Dman. :flowers:

It was good to see W&K meet the veterans and I noticed at least one major medal for bravery. He sure didn't get that for remaining at the rear with the gear!

Nice touch with the discreet poppy in the bottonhole.

And climbing aboard the Sopwith Pup, being an aviator himself, that must make it extra interesting for William. They sure were brave men who flew them, especially as Royal Flying Corps refused to issue parachutes to the pilots.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Kate will use tiara at some event in this official visit?

Does anyone know if Kate will use tiara at some event in this official visit?

No, senior female members of the royal family no long wear tiara's on official tours as they did back in the day. If they are accompanying The Queen on an official tour and there is a State Banquet or State Reception, a tiara could be worn, if Her Majesty is wearing one. I think the ladies stopped wearing tiara's on official trips in the 90's. Sad indeed.

I haven't seen them use a joint stationary. It either William's W or Catherine's C. Plus if you put them together, it is WC which can mean water closet aka toilet. They just use William's stationary because he is the royal one when they both sign something.

I haven't seen them use a joint stationary. It either William's W or Catherine's C. Plus if you put them together, it is WC which can mean water closet aka toilet. They just use William's stationary because he is the royal one when they both sign something.

thank you
hmm i remember seeing it on the wedding cake
http://0.tqn.com/d/weddings/1/0/O/D/113269544.jpg

and i thought they decided to put the C first on top of the W to avoid the WC references:ROFLMAO:
Prince William and Kate Middleton were saved from WC blushes - Mirror Online

Some [cropped] photos

All images have been cropped from much larger photographs and form 20% or less of the originals.

WilliamNZ.jpg

PrinceGeorgeNZ.jpg

PrinceGeorgeNZ2.jpg

sources
MailOnline
MailOnline

I will say just a couple of things since I watched some pics and 2 videos:
Loved Kate's look (she should have ponytails more IMO) and she looked very professional this time... The state dinner was pleasant but I disliked the portrait :-(

As someone else has already noticed: William seems disappearing... don't know why but I hope he will get more attention later.
I'm looking forward for tomorrow

It will be interesting when they split up for the only time on this tour. William is going to a factory and Kate is going to a hospice. Kate will get all of the media coverage but I don't think William minds unlike his father did. Look at how engagements they do with other royals especially Harry.

Team Kate Vs Team Will-
"Prince William will team up with a crew led by Team New Zealand manager Grant Dalton against the Duchess of Cambridge and a crew led by Team NZ skipper Dean Barker.

Mr Dalton told Newstalk ZB today that competition would be fierce.

"The word came down that we're supposed to let her win but I'm going to have a little world with William about that. I'm not sure that's going to happen."

Mr Dalton said the royals would be "driving" their boats and he expected "a bit of banter and competition". Prince William had been on board with Team NZ before and requested today's race.

There will be 20 people on each yacht, made up of Team NZ members, representatives from the Royal NZ Yacht Squadron's youth programme and members of the royal entourage.

The race starts at 1.30pm and is expected to last for an hour. Multiple waterfront locations will offer viewpoints.

The weather looks likely to hold for the yacht race. Showers are forecast to stay away until mid-afternoon, much to Mr Dalton's relief.

"I've been worried about the weather but it looks like that little trough line's cleared through and we're going to have a westerly 10 knots. That's about spot on actually and it's perfect for where we want to lay this course out."

Mr Dalton said Team NZ felt "really privileged" to host the royal couple. They hadn't received any instructions about protocol, but he might have to be "a bit careful''.

"I'll try and curb some of the questions I've been dying to ask for 20 years.''"

APNZ
Royal Visit NZ: Live Blog - National - NZ Herald News

Video:
Royal couple to cross the harbour Kiwi-style-
http://www.3news.co.nz/Royal-couple...style/tabid/423/articleID/339706/Default.aspx

Last edited:
Video Message For Sydney Horse Racing From Duke.

Prince William has made a video which will be played on the big screen at the horse-racing at Royal Randwick here in Sydney.

Tomorrow - Saturday 12th - an expected thirty thousand race-goers will see the video at around 1.45pm local time.

Also tomorrow, Australia's new Governor-General will officially name a new grandstand at the race-course after Her Majesty.

And it is confirmed that the Queen's race-horse "Carlton House" is to run in the "Queen Elizabeth Stakes" on the following Saturday.

Cheers All, Sun Lion.

They've left Wellington

Duchess-Spotting ‏@DuchessSpotting 4m
Best I could get. Navy jacket (Smythe?), dark skinny jeans, wedge slingback heels, hair down. #royalvisitnz pic.twitter.com/eCStvwotAy

So happy that Catherine has decided to wear her hair pulled back. It's a much more sophisticated look (yes, even for a pony tail!) than all that hair covering her face. Too bad she didn't wear her hair pulled back for her wedding ;(

The Duchess meeting RNZAF families on Auckland #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/4pY77YwCTj
The Duke meeting RNZAF families #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/xZL7Yt4sIQ
"@GovGeneralNZ The Duke talks to this little girl about how she broke her arm #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/TLvuW9s7Nh"
William & Kate arrive in Auckland. Pic from @GovGeneralNZ #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/qpdqJpfIUv
The Duchess meeting families at Whenuapai Air Force Base #royalvisitnz http://instagram.com/p/moOMWEuP11/

Live Streaming Coverage After the News:
3 News - Live Stream

Reuters Live Stream ‏@ReutersStream 39m
*LIVE* 0015-0045GMT NEW ZEALAND-ROYALS/AUCKLAND WATERFRONT http://bit.ly/1qAPlWV - VIEW http://bit.ly/wJQ6vL

Last edited by a moderator:
To those who missed "the hand" William & Kate in Auckland #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/2y17sZzPql

Live Video Coverage should be back up once the royal couple change for the race.

A plane is flying a banner over the Viaduct: "time for a head of state." #RoyalVisitNZ

— Claire Trevett (@CTrevettNZH) April 11, 2014

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2m
#RoyalVisitNZ MT @QueenVicMirror William and Kate have joked how they are always being offered potential partners for Prince George

A plane is flying a banner over the Viaduct: "time for a head of state." #RoyalVisitNZ

Sorry - make that "time for a Kiwi head of state." #trtpt

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 5m
They're taking a long time to get changed. How long does it take to put on a pair of deck shoes?

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 6m
They're in their respective yachts and will be setting off very soon. #RoyalVisitNZ

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
Just thousands and thousands of people have turned out to see the royal couple here. The sun's out again too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any area with a drought should invite William and Kate to stop by. Rain is following them all over NZ.

As I thought William did carry out an investiture yesterday - From the CC

Later His Royal Highness, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Government House, Wellington.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 5m
They're taking a long time to get changed. How long does it take to put on a pair of deck shoes?
:flowers: too funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom