Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enthusiastic New Zealanders.

Cross-overs on Australian TV this mornings show the day to be cold again with on/off drizzle - but no wind - on the tip of the South Island.

Reporters saying Union Jack bunting on houses, umbrellas and clothing, with Union Jack flags about.

The first event does not start until 11.00am local time, but people were in position at 4.30am!

The Duke and Duchess are expected to do a "walkabout" and meet members of the crowd after the wreath laying.

Also reports that Kensington Palace has reminded everyone about protocol - and that means do not ask W and C to join you in a "selfie".

PG's party yesterday went for less than an hour, and on one of our mornings TV shows, the lady hosts have asked that the footage be replayed over and over throughout the program.

They can't get enough of little PG.

Have a great day New Zealand.

Cheers Everyone, Sun Lion.

I lived in Blenheim for 2 years and I never saw that many people in Seymour Square at one time ever.
@ChrisJack_Getty crowds in Seymour Square in #Blenheim cheery despite the overcast weather #royalvisitnz pic.twitter.com/sUHVgf1Sx0
Crowds gathering in Blenheim to welcome William and Kate pic.twitter.com/sIixTnMjnU

The Royal Record ‏@TheRoyalRecord 8m
Will and Kate set to arrive in Blenheim in c.25 min. Flight from Wellington will take 15-30 min, so should be departing soon. #royaltourNZ

British Royals@britishroyals 2m
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are on their way! RT @DuchessSpotting Airborne on their way to Blenheim #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/SORwMfRr7y

Pupils skip school for glimpse of royals-
Pupils skip school for glimpse of royals - Story - NZ News - 3 News

Red carpet rolled out at Blenheim war memorial for Kate & William's visit. #royaltourNZ pic.twitter.com/QltrxKspw0
"@ChrisJack_Getty Media gathered waiting for the arrival of Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge in #Blenheim pic.twitter.com/P4vYWT5xIj"

Last edited:
George is a big boy...he's going to be tall and good size bones. His expressions are very much like William and while he has a rounder eye that socket area has that slant to it like his father and Prince Charles.

He's going to be better looking than William.

LaRae

I just expressed my opinion... :ohmy::bang:

And it was a perfectly valid one. The other fathers were holding their children and interacting with them and not leaving it solely to the mothers, and I would have liked to see William doing that, too.

Have we seen William holding George at all on this trip? He always seems to be in Kate's arms but I would have expected George to be as comfortable in his father's arms as in his mother's and I would like to see William holding him.

Is there any way to get sound on the Reuters site?

At one point there was a great shot of someone's butt!

Kate on the live feed interacting with the little girls in their tiaras and fascinators was absolutely adorable.

And some of the crowd look quite overwhelmed to be meeting her

At one point the crowd started chanting "We want Kate"

Last edited:
Kate on the live feed interacting with the little girls in their tiaras and fascinators was absolutely adorable.

And some of the crowd look quite overwhelmed to be meeting her

At one point the crowd started chanting "We want Kate"

That one little girl who did that twirl for her was priceless!! :)

I always forget how much Kate talks w/her hands until we see something like this. She really looked to be enjoying her time talking w/the Vets. The Medals that one Gentleman had was pretty impressive.

That one little girl who did that twirl for her was priceless!! :)

I always forget how much Kate talks w/her hands until we see something like this. She really looked to be enjoying her time talking w/the Vets. The Medals that one Gentleman had was pretty impressive.

Agreed! I always forget how animated she when she talks to people until I see a video.

And yes, that little girl was just adorable. Seems to be a very festive mood and a big crowd.

The crowds of people looks very much overwhelming.

I think Catherine's been given a bear that was made in memory of Diana.

Last edited:
I managed to catch a couple of minutes of the live feed before it cut out. William and Catherine have certainly gotten a sizeable and kind welcome from NZ so far. I would say warm but, judging from the looks on some of the crowd's faces as well as the wind on the soundtrack, that's not quite accurate. :)

1.15pm (UK 2.15am) Flying Day at Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre with Peter Jackson

The Head Hobbit himself!! Shouldn't that be Sir Peter Jackson though? Or I getting that mixed up w/some other honour of PJ's?

He's done an awful lot to try and preserve New Zealand's Military History and TRH's could not ask for a better tour guide. :)

I too had it. I can't tell you where it is today after moving several times since I had it.

I had it too. No idea where it is now.

On another note, Catherine interacting with children always makes my day. She's a natural with them. That little girl was precious with her twirl, and tiara.

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Trip to NZ and Australia, April 7-25 2014

I had that bear! I'd forgotten all about it

Mine is still on one of my bookshelves. Along w/both Beanie Baby Regular and Chinese Horoscopes Critters they put out back then. Used to be you couldn't go anywhere w/out seeing those things and now? I feel bad for those who went wild buying them thinking they'd be a good investment for the Future though. Anyway...

I am loving that coat on Kate and the colour is amazing!!

I had it too. No idea where it is now.

On another note, Catherine interacting with children always makes my day. She's a natural with them. That little girl was precious with her twirl, and tiara.
Yeah, that was such a cute moment.

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Trip to NZ and Australia, April 7-25 2014

Did the Cambridges get a new female protection officer because that lady didn't look like Sgt Probert?

The elderly veteran with the photo to show Kate- it was a photo of himself and Prince Philip from the commonwealth games in the 70s.

William is rocking his Household Calvary regimental tie.

Last edited:
Did the Cambridges get a new female protection officer because that lady didn't look like Sgt Probert?

The elderly veteran with the photo to show Kate- it was a photo of himself and Prince Philip from the commonwealth games in the 70s.

Id say local - and they were needed when someone wouldnt let go of Catherine's hand.

Gordon Rayner ‏@gordonrayner 6m
Meanwhile Sir Peter Jackson has had a baby-sized flying helmet made for Prince George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom