Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The line in the sand has been drawn. Actions speak louder than words. Don't let me come back and find out you don't know how to act.

Okay...let's break it down.

1) The line in the sand has been drawn - dozens of posts (off topic, empty, etc.) have been deleted. Per Jess's earlier email, if you can't play by the rules you will be suspended until the tour is over.

2) Actions speak louder than words - stop acting like you are open to a true (positive and negative) discussion and show it. Stop calling other poster's ridiculous. Enough with the "haters gonna hate" talk. Also, enough with the 'ignore' discussion as well. Its unnecessary, distracting and throws the threads off track. It you want to ignore someone, its your right but we all don't need to know about it.

3) Don't let me come back and find out you don't know how to act. - Talk about poor planning, good old Zonk will miss about a week of this tour cause she is going on a cruise! In my absence you might see additional TRF mods helping Warren and wbenson out, cause this thread is shaping up to be a train wreck! As your mother, teacher, boss might say....Please don't disappoint me. I will be around until Saturday.

Let's try to enjoy this visit...the good and the bad.

Zonk

Last edited:
hi

i'm a Kiwi, but unfortunately they're not coming this far south, where I live; i might have gone to QUeenstown for the day, but they're not really doing a walkabout as such, more of a drive past, so not really worth going up there, especially since i was there last week.

I thought Kate looked lovely off the plane, in the red. I thought Prince George could have worn a bit more, but that's totally up to his parents. Somebody might give him a possum fur hat!

I have no problem at all if they end up as King and QUeen of NZ, though Prince Charles first of course! There is definitely a republic movement here though, and it may not happen (that the Monarchy continues here) but i will always be interested.

Re Maori culture; always the Maori have a part to play on formal occasions, and that's fine by me (though i am not Maori), cause it's a point of difference for us; who does not know the haka in rugby?

I went to see the Queen in QUeenstown over 20 years ago; she and Prince Philip did a walkabout and i have the photos to prove it.

I saw Charles and Diana in Dunedin too years ago; that was exciting. I don't think William and Kate have quite the same charisma, but all the same, i think they're a lovely young family, doing their best – trying to keep everyone happy is never going to happen, so best to stay true to themselves.

Aren't they scheduled for the baby meet & greet in about an hour? I am really looking forward to seeing George with the other babies.

^^ Yes, it should start in about an hour.

EDIT: Are they just coming back from their break? That would explain the arrival one hour earlier than the time scheduled for the meeting and Kate wearing the MaxMara dress (the one she wore when changing planes in Sydney).

Last edited:
the live feed appears to be on!

Edit: it would be nice if they'd stand still!!!!!!

Now it's gone black again!

Last edited:
the live feed appears to be on!

Edit: it would be nice if they'd stand still!!!!!!
For those of you not on the live feed:

My dead Uncle Edgar would be better on camera duty. :ROFLMAO: On/Off, focus on feet, swing camera at nothing, settle on feet. Some time with Kate and other parents holding kids. Then, just as parents started to put the kids down on the floor, camera takes wild swing toward the floor and door, 4 loud beeps and back to black. Battery dead? Who knows.
PG had on a navy bibbed overall, black shoes (like the white ones from the plane arrival) and was being good, while it lasted. :flowers:

Why don't they just sit still!!! Geeeez!

The camera man's feet are NOT interesting! ;)

I give up. I'm going to bed. I'll see the pics in the AM. Enjoy, all those still watching.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 2m
Prince George made a little girl called Paige cry after grabbing her toy wooden doll. Kate attempted to soothe her by stroking her head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO1ODY2WbTI

Last edited:
Prince George plays with lots of toys during his Plunket playdate at Government House via @iaaronkirk #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/dKXhcJKeMB
What goes around comes around: baby Amelia Howe grabbed a plastic block from George and stopped him in his tracks. He wasn't too fussed.

Last edited:
Cute as all heck! He seems to be a very busy and self-possessed boy. I wonder what William was drinking? He seemed to be quite chipper and animated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom