Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I can't wait to see Prince George with other babies. It will be so nice to see him with other babies. :flowers:

Recovering from JetLag?
BYe Bine

That's what I was thinking. When I went to New York (I'd never been to the US before and this is the furthest I've been in the world), it took me a day to recover from jet lag. Friends of mine have been saying that when they go abroad to far distance countries, they usually spend their second day lazing by the pool or in their hotel/apartment room to recover.

However, in this week's issue of Hello, there's an itinerary of the tour and the Cambridges get another day off, or 'rest day', as Hello say... Perhaps they're using these days to quietly and unofficially explore the area where they're staying, or getting to 'know' the Government House a bit better so they don't get lost. George will also need to get used to the new faces around him, so perhaps that's what they're using the time for as well.

I can't wait to see Prince George with other babies. It will be so nice to see him with other babies. :flowers:

Me too. George and other babies = cuteness overload! :)

Last edited:
There is a rest day April 15 in NZ and one April 21 in Australia which is Easter Monday and a holiday in the country. The Cambridges could have a hidden engagement for one of the rest days. It happened on their previous tours with the trip to Slave Lake in Albert in Canada and the mosque trip during the SE Asian tour.

And staying on the topic of Maori dancers welcoming W&K: Maori dancers asked to cover up to not embarrass the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge | Royal | News | Daily Express

If we were to be pedantic, the dancers were actually supposed to be even more revealing, if they were to be in strickt accordance with ancient traditions. However, it was prudently decided, considering the Victorian times we live in today, that the women should not be topless and the men should wear undies.

- As I recall some of you expressed a considerable...appreciation...of the rear view of the Maori warrior we saw in some of the pics.
Learning this, do you feel relieved or disappointed? :p

Last edited:
I've noticed that Kate was the one who had to handle everything while they were disembarking: Heels, skirts, hair, and most importantly baby and pay attention not to fall.

Question: Why was not William who could take George in his arms? It could have been dangerous for Kate...

One reporter said that the people - adults and school children alike - who performed and met the Duke and Duchess at Wellington's Government House yesterday were not allowed to have umbrellas.
thank you Sun Lion.
Always enjoyed your inputs on the Aussie front:flowers:
I wonder if umbrellas weren't allowed for security reasons?

Well, this is not an exact fit, but someone posted this link on Twitter and I remembered your interest:
Duchess of Cambridge and the meaning of the Maori warrior's tattoo | World news | theguardian.com

Very informative article
thank you:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you Sun Lion.
Always enjoyed your inputs on the Aussie front:flowers:
I wonder if umbrellas weren't allowed for security reasons?

Don't think so.

Considering that wheather is an unpredictable factor, especially if you are an assassin. And given the limit to which schoolchildren holding umbrellas can cover the approach of an assassin, it seems more likely to me to have been the decision of a thoughtless principal. - As we all know, there is nothing as charming as being recieved by soaking wet school children. :rolleyes:

I think that this day off is not only for the jetlag but also to focus media attention to HM hosting the irish president as weel..

I think that this day off is not only for the jetlag but also to focus media attention to HM hosting the irish president as weel..

I think that is correct - though for those that want to be critical, this fact can be conveniently ignored.

I don't think the Irish visit has anything whatsoever to do with it. It's just a normal state visit. The time difference is sufficient to ensure no live coverage overlap.

The 'rest day' is more than likely an attempt to get Prince George's body clock on a more even keel. Get him settled and happy as his parents are going to be away from him quite a lot over coming days.

And staying on the topic of Maori dancers welcoming W&K: Maori dancers asked to cover up to not embarrass the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge | Royal | News | Daily Express

If we were to be pedantic, the dancers were actually supposed to be even more revealing, if they were to be in strickt accordance with ancient traditions. However, it was prudently decided, considering the Victorian times we live in today, that the women should not be topless and the men should wear undies.

- As I recall some of you expressed a considerable...appreciation...of the rear view of the Maori warrior we saw in some of the pics.
Learning this, do you feel relieved or disappointed? :p

Disappointed.. ;)

I am looking forward to seeing the little Prince out and about.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Thanks Dman, I could not find that on the website...Really excited!!!

"Rest" Day Hideaway Revealed...

UK's "Express" has revealed the rest day hideaway - photos and details.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Sorry for asking, but what is the exact time now in NZ? Because some clocks say 9 am, other 8 am... I'm a bit confused

My iPhone has it 8:12 am in Wellington

Info About PG's First "Official" Engagement On Oz TV.

Wednesday morning in Australia and the morning TV news shows have crossed to New Zealand - which is a few hours ahead of us - to let us know some details about today's event.

Apparently the New Zealand newspapers are full of photos of the lucky ten families who were randomly chosen to meet the Duke, Duchess and fingers crossed that he goes too, little PG.

The families were shown on TV here and were a good mixture to represent NZ.

All the babies were born around the same time as PG - and are also the first babies these families have had.

- a single parent family

- a same-sex parents family

- a Samoan family

- a family where both parents are scientists.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom