Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince George to get surfboard gift on Australian Royal Tour

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2014040317954/prince-george-surf-board-australia/

William and Kate's entrance evokes memories of Prince Charles and Diana with their baby Prince Down Under

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...e-george-similarity-princess-diana-australia/

Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince George arrive in New Zealand for royal tour

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...lliam-kate-middleton-george-new-zealand-tour/

Prince George's kangaroo toy bag sells out

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2014040718017/prince-george-effect-kangaroo-backpack/

Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince George pictured in Sydney

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...william-kate-middleton-george-sydney-airport/

New Zealand eagerly awaits Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince George's arrival

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2014040618007/prince-william-kate-middleton-tour-excitement/

Baby Prince George heads Down Under for first tour

http://www.wort.lu/en/view/baby-pri...under-for-first-tour-53413219e4b012fe7ff66002

Last edited:
Kate looked amazing! I love everything about her outfit!

George is just beyond cute! It will be great weeks to observe this sweet family

And everyone, please, be nicer amd more respectful to each other :flowers::)

My sentiments exactly. I've learned over the years that not everyone thinks the same as I do and that's their right. If I don't agree with their post I skip it. No problem. I go on and read the posts that tell me what I want to know.

Having seen the video footage of the arrival and alighting from the aircraft, I can honestly say that Catherine looked as elegant and regal as ever. Yes, twice or three times the wind caught Catherine's hem for a second or so as she was coming down the steps, but frankly the whole issue is quite unnoticeable unless one seeks to view nano-second snapshot stills.
To be honest, I think all this fuss perpetuated by some very fussy forum members and a rather common newspaper is unnecessary.

I quite agree with you, Jacknch.

Exactly!

As pictures haves have shown, more senior Royal ladies have been caught by wind perhaps we should cut Kate some slack. The picture of Queen Elizabeth II appears to be from the 70's or 80's. So I would imagine having been in the public eye....I don't know all of her life....she should have known better. But it happens.....and you move on.

My point is....everyone has a bad wind day....its been known to happen to Zonk once or twice:whistling:

Roslyn...have you visited the Letizia fashion threads?! She rocks pants all of the time. Sometimes its a nice pants suits...and sometimes its not. And we definitely hear from those who wouldn't mind her showing up in a nice dress or two. You can't please everyone!

But we won't go off topic too much.
Yep, and recently in Kate's fashion thread, there was a discussion about her never wearing pants or pants suits. So then when she shows up at a children's event wearing pants, she gets criticized for wearing them (too boring, she looks sloppy, too tight, not appropriate).

The Queen, Beatrice, Princess Diana, Fergie, Sophie, Eugenie, Princess Anne and a number of other royal women have all had more than one windy mishap. It happens.

Yesterday all of the women on the tarmac were having a difficult time. Kate wasn't the only one wrestling with her skirt.

Given how windy it appeared to be, the only alternative that would have 100% protected her modesty was a pair of trousers. Imagine the outrage if she had arrived in NZ in a pair of trousers.
Why would that be the only alternative? What about a more clinging skirt or dress underneath her coat?

I like Kate but I agree with those who say she doesn't seem to learn from her mistakes.

Last edited:
Having seen the video footage of the arrival and alighting from the aircraft, I can honestly say that Catherine looked as elegant and regal as ever. Yes, twice or three times the wind caught Catherine's hem for a second or so as she was coming down the steps, but frankly the whole issue is quite unnoticeable unless one seeks to view nano-second snapshot stills.
To be honest, I think all this fuss perpetuated by some very fussy forum members and a rather common newspaper is unnecessary.

I agree, Jacknch. I watched live as Kate came down the steps from the plane, but I didn't see her dress go up at all. I was more worried about Kate making it down those wet steps with Prince George who looked ready to launch himself straight out of her arms. It wasn't until I came here this morning and found that each camera frame was being dissected and video played in super slow-mo.

ok ok ok, another flying skirt, Queen will be not amused.
Another quiestion - sorry, if it may have asked already:

How warm was it at the Arrival?
It was definately windy, as everyone can see.
But I was surprised, that the DoC had a skirt/Dress AND a coat...... and George had bare legs.....
BYe Bine

I wish everyone would just stop with the drama around the wind and the skirt. It didn't blow up a la Marilyn Monroe. It swished from side to side. We didn't see any knickers. Dear Lawd!

BRRRR. Prince George looks cold! I can see Kate wanting everyone to have a good look at him, but a warmer outfit would've been nice.

:eek:

What a wonderfully healthy, attractive young family! Such a lovely distraction to watch their dignified and respectful visit and learn about the facinating culture of 2 countries I would LOVE to visit but don't know if I could take the plane ride. How do you stay cooped up for 27 hours? Even if your group has the whole first class compartment?
After wading through the aftermath of my poor mil's death, this is a wonderful respite.
I will go out on a limb, pun intended. Gorgeous George is a stander and a cruiser, his relatively slimmed down legs and shoes vs. Pwilliam at same age. Diana and Charles were there in hot weather as I recall, hope this weather improves!

That women besides Catherine with a blue outfit is the nanny?

Perhaps those who are profoundly shocked by the appearence of the Duchess' {beautiful} legs would be better pleased if she wore a burka ?

As many of you say ALL Royal women have has this occur to them since shorter skirts were widely adopted in the 1960s.

Last edited:
A very nice HQ gallery of the arrival from BT: Se billederne: Lille Prins George på sit første statsbesøg | www.bt.dk

The second picture show a Maori warrior, in fact we see a lot of him!
Juding from the attire of everybody else I assume it was a chilly day: Se billederne: Lille Prins George på sit første statsbesøg | www.bt.dk

Is that it? Se billederne: Lille Prins George på sit første statsbesøg | www.bt.dk
I was under the impression Catherine had done a multiple Marilyn Monroe, but the skirt is hardly lifting.

Se billederne: Lille Prins George på sit første statsbesøg | www.bt.dk
I understand the purpose is for William to pick up an arrowhead while maintaining eyecontact with the Maori warrior. Only then will he be considered a friend.

Se billederne: Lille Prins George på sit første statsbesøg | www.bt.dk
I see the honor guards are armed with the Steyer AUG rifle, which are also used by Australia. (I presume the old ANZAC military co-operation is still going on). It is, pardon me, a butt ugly rifle, but laughingly simply to operate.

Last edited:
I like her look and her coat and hat! media doing too much off the skirt flying! how cares? George is really cute! what is his colour of eyes? it looks brown to me!? They look all lovely and regal! waiting for more photos!!!!!

:previous:

We saw more of the Maori warrior...
And if we are to judge which sight was more hurtful for the retina, weeell... Call me oldfashioned but native dress or not, mens behinds are not the prettiest sight in the world.

Anyway, we didn't see more of Kate than we would have, had she been running for a charity in shorts.

And if we are to judge which sight was more hurtful for the retina, weeell... Call me oldfashioned but native dress or not, mens behinds are not the prettiest sight in the world.

Anyway, we didn't see more of Kate than we would have, had she been running for a charity in shorts.

LOL. :ROFLMAO:
that man's behind was not that bad :whistling::D

I wonder if it is a requirement that William's hands be free for the "Royal Meet n Greet", and that prevented him from carrying George down the steps. George looked like he was ready to do some greeting of his own, he's adorable.

George is very cute, he has probably inherited the best from both parents.

I hope it was not too cold weather for him at the arrival.

LOL. :ROFLMAO:
that man's behind was not that bad :whistling::D

Kate's legs looked great, and the Maori warrior's derriere was especially attractive. :ROFLMAO::p

Expense of Entourage

Since Rebecca Deacon is often near to Kate taking flowers and assisting in other ways, she also needs a very presentable wardrobe. Is she provided an expense allowance for that, especially for a trip like this one? I've heard that employees of the royal family aren't paid huge salaries so the purchase of appropriate clothing could be quite the burden for them.

I think that Ms. Deacon seems superbly suited to this position. She stays in the background but knows when to appropriately step forward to assist. I'm sure Kate truly appreciates her.

I wonder if it is a requirement that William's hands be free for the "Royal Meet n Greet", and that prevented him from carrying George down the steps. George looked like he was ready to do some greeting of his own, he's adorable.

I just checked on YouTube and the video from Charles and Diana's arrival for their tour of Australia with William. What was different this time around is that Kate carried William off the plane when back then, William was carried off the plane by his nanny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VhEULyBvAQ

George really does seem like he's very much a happy-go-lucky outgoing kid and he's ready, willing and able to take on the world. It will be very amusing to watch his reaction to various things during the tour as his natural curiosity about everything around him is setting in.

I just checked on YouTube and the video from Charles and Diana's arrival for their tour of Australia with William. What was different this time around is that Kate carried William off the plane when back then, William was carried off the plane by his nanny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VhEULyBvAQ

George really does seem like he's very much a happy-go-lucky outgoing kid and he's ready, willing and able to take on the world. It will be very amusing to watch his reaction to various things during the tour as his natural curiosity about everything around him is setting in.

Kate carrying William off the plane :) Now that would be a feat in those heels.

Well its obvious that Catherine should have dropped George and held her skirt down.
How ridiculous this to-do about the wind lifting a bit Ka´te´s skirt. I agree with you some people would prefer she dropped George and covered her legs. :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom