Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed! Love the color and the pillbox. They are such good parents.

Can you all stand it?! How adorable is he?? The Queen is back home telling herself, "Yep, everything is safe and good in their hands."

I see a lot of Mike Middleton in him as well as having the Windsor eyes.

I noticed in some other pics as well - he sure was interested in what was going on around him! I do believe he is going to be quite a handful - his Uncle Harry will love it!

He looks none worse for the wear after a 24 hour journey across hemispheres... but I doubt his mother feels the same way. :p

Oh, goodness! Baby George gets cuter with every picture. I love the hamster cheeks :D. Catherine looks elegant in the red dress-coat and hat. I have no complaints, and like someone said, very Jackie O.

Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 8m
Baby George has been watching his parents from top left window of Gov House with nanny Maria Borello taking pics on scene below on her mob.

http://instagram.com/p/meCQAniyKI/

Last edited:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 6m
George and his nanny Maria had been due to travel separately but it seems he will now go at the same time as his parents to their hideaway.

nzherald Life&Style ‏@nzhlifestyle 11m
The #Royals have been ushered inside Government House. The rest of the arvo is for "private time" according to our #RoyalVisitNZ schedule.

I love the way Kate is carrying George like a sack of groceries! She's settled into motherhood quite well. :D

No-One At Plane Transfer To Wave To...

I went off to do some chores for a while as I thought TRFs had "crashed" with so many posters on at the one time, but I'd just bumped my WiFi connection into off :lol:.

Anyway, I think the reason there was no wave from the top of the Royal NZ Air Force plane was, as other posters have said - there really wasn't anyone to wave to.

It's a work day here for most people and Sydney - despite it's "glamour" image - is very work focused. Workers start travelling, and I mean bumper to bumper, down from the Blue Mts, up from Newcastle and down from the Central Coast from 5.00-5.30am onwards. Not unusual for many people to spend two hours each way a day between home and work - so no time for a detour to see a plane transfer.

It was "kept under wraps" where the change-over would be - I was half expecting Melbourne - we didn't even know for sure it was going to be Sydney.

Apart from the road being closed, the whole area around the airport is commercial/industrial/transport and auxiliary businesses. I think the lady with the little boy lives close to the airport as the reporter said she came down when she heard on TV that the plane had landed. I think she must have walked - to have the dog with her, and because parking is so restricted in the early mornings with clearways. Traffic around the airport is something you don't take on if you don't need to.

I thought it was great to see that bit of footage in the terminal - bet that's the closest an "outsider" has been to PG ever.

Thank you to all the posters able to share links/videos.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

thanks for giving us some local facts and logistics to frame what we see and hear Sun Lion:flowers:

The red outfit seemed like a fine and sensible choice.....until I saw the photo of her skirt blowing way up as she walked down the steps off the plane, almost showing us her undies.

No slip, either. Will she ever learn?

There were people there - unless the press aren't classed as people as the press were there. There were also a few non-press people as there was at least one interview with one child who was there to see 'someone important'.

The video of the deplaning showed how bad the wind was. Ties were flying everywhere. The women next to the prime minister was holding onto her hat. Trousers would have been the only option to prevent wind damage.

There were people there - unless the press aren't classed as people as the press were there. There were also a few non-press people as there was at least one interview with one child who was there to see 'someone important'.

I doubt William classifies the press as "people". To be fair, the woman and child were over the road quite a way away from the cars and plane. The "Sunrise" people were using zoom lenses, and William seems to need glasses for distance sight so he might have only seen people-shaped blurs.

They were also making a quick plane change after a very long flight. They could be critiqued for not waving to a crowd of admirers - if the crowd was close enough to actually clearly be admirers, which it sounds like they weren't - but not to wave to the press? How is that in need of criticism? Especially if you consider that some people (I'm thinking Sofia Helqvist) are criticized if they appear to be so much as smiling towards the press.

I'm proud and delighted that the Duke and Duchess and the bonnie wee Prince are here and hope the weather will be kind to them on their travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom