Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wish they had turned around and given the crowd a view of little George kicking and waving his arms...
According to the Aus reporter there was one woman, her son and their dog. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
The poor woman can't even yawn in private. The closest I came to this type of flight I was being ferried on a military transport from McGuire AFB (NJ) to RAF Upper Heyford via Dublin and Rhein-Main. Ended up a 24 hour flight. I was exhausted and I did not have a baby to take care of!

I sympathise with them because it is a horrible flight and they probably are exhausted and just want to get to their destination but, let's not forget they have been in the first class cabin with its proper beds. Although they will still be tired and jetlagged, its a lot easier to sleep when you can lie flat, have heaps of space and warm blankets and, if you want to hand a cranky baby to a nanny (I'm not saying they did).

I think it's a bit unfair judging interest by the number of people turning up at the airport in the early morning (before 7am) just to see them transfer onto another plane. It will be different when they actually start their tour here.

I was surprised there was no wave, it would have taken seconds and those who took the trouble to turn up would have appreciated it.

Atta boy, George, give us a look, you adorable boy! I want to chomp on those cheeks so much nom, nom.....:D

Last edited:
No time for waving. The Cambridge's were busy changing planes and will be all waves once they make their official arrival.

According to the Aus reporter there was one woman, her son and their dog. LOL

And the little boy had absolutely no idea who they were waiting to see. :lol: I doubt he was heartbroken over not getting a wave.

The boy and his mother were behind a fence, mixed in with the tv crews and photographers. I doubt Kate and William even knew anyone was waiting for them. The tour doesn't kick off until they land in New Zealand. We'll get plenty of pictures of them waving and showing off Prince George then.

And I'm sure they would have just loved a wave......:D

Imagine how special they would have felt if they had been given a smile or a wave! The split second that would have taken would have left a lifetime impression on the people there, and also made a favourable impression on me. It's like actors who go out of their way to sign autographs for fans. They don't have to do it but it makes all the difference and reveals a lot about the person.

Last edited:
I may be wrong by I think that at 4:23 minute you can see the nanny... She entered the aircraft jus before the 2 women at the end

The boy and his mother were behind a fence, mixed in with the tv crews and photographers. I doubt Kate and William even knew anyone was waiting for them. The tour doesn't kick off until they land in New Zealand. We'll get plenty of pictures of them waving and showing off Prince George then.

So until they are in New Zealand on on "duty" they shouldn't take the time to acknowledge the people who have gone out of their way to see them?

And I'm sure they would have just loved a wave......:D

I can imagine though that the dog was gravely disappointed that Lupo wasn't part of the entourage. All that work getting his 2 legged staff to get him to the airport on time and not a sign of Lupo. He was looking forward to the royal tail wag.

:whistling:

Imagine how special they would have felt if they had been given a smile or a wave! The split second that would have taken would have left a lifetime impression.

Yes, anyone waiting for them, no matter how few, would have felt very treated indeed.

Many reports say it's a pity that we've seen George before they arrive new zealand... I think that if the official wanted to avoid this they have not done a great job JIMO

Sorry, I think people are making a big deal out of nothing. William and Kate probably didn't even see the two people standing behind the fence. It's not like they were standing right in front of them, and William and Kate failed to acknowledge them.

Last edited:
So until they are in New Zealand on on "duty" they shouldn't take the time to acknowledge the people who have gone out of their way to see them?
Wave to whom a big old empty tarmac. Why wave at all when you have a whole Australian tour to come?

Yes, a wave would have been nice when exiting the terminal, not on the tarmac.

On the way to the airport to welcome Prince William, the Duchess Catherine & Prince George. Can't pedal in robes! pic.twitter.com/k1vlC9jdQB
Weather so bad in Wellington (fog major probs) that Cambridges may be diverted to Auckland. Due to land now-delayed. pic.twitter.com/NsYW5OmGIR
Fog getting worse at Welington Airport but royal flight should be OK to land. Otherwise it's an airport 2 hours away

Last edited:
Wow, pretty nasty comment to someone who has the right to voice her opinion about what's going on in her country. I also wish they had turned around and given the crowd a view of George kicking and waving his arms, who is a big strapping boy BTW. It would have only taken a minute of their time and made a nice impression. It's the little things that count, you know.....;)

Of course people have a right to voice their opinion. In this instance, however, it's clear that certain posters go out of their way to find even the tiniest thing to trash William and Kate for. They have been determined to paint this tour as a failure since long before the Cambridges even left the UK. Had they waved, the complaint would have been that they didn't wave for long enough, or they didn't smile enough, or that their smiles were fake, that they didn't pose for this one woman to get a clear picture of them.

I can understand the frustration some here feel at posters who only ever post negative and unfair criticism, not infrequently with a fairly nasty tone. As we all know, there are other royal forums on the internet where people delight in those sorts posts, I didn't think TRF was one of them.

Last edited:
Yes, a wave would have been nice when exiting the terminal, not on the tarmac.

I just watched the "Sunrise" coverage so I get the logistics of it all now. Not surprised they didn't wave when they were getting onto the plane. From that distance it was not clear that the people were there to see them, and they might not have wanted to look silly by waving at people who were oblivious to their presence.

But we now know that there is definitely one Australian who is excited about the visit! :auflag:

I must watch the "Sunrise" coverage of the rest of the tour. It's great fun.

Of course people have a right to voice their opinion. In this instance, however, it's clear that certain posters go out of their way to find even the tiniest thing to trash William and Kate for. They have been determined to paint this tour as a failure since long before the Cambridges even left the UK. Had they waved, the complaint would have been that they didn't wave for long enough, or they didn't smile enough, or that their smiles were fake, that they didn't pose for this one woman to get a clear picture of them.

I can understand the frustration some here feel at posters who only ever post negative and unfair criticism, not infrequently with a fairly nasty tone. As we all know, there are other royal forums on the internet where people delight in those sorts posts, I didn't think TRF was one of them.

Well, then, welcome to the Royal Forums and hopefully you'll enjoy your time here. You'll get a variable view of what posters will think here, and this thread will be chock full of these differing opinions as this trip unfolds. No site is free of criticism, and I doubt that this one is the exception so expect lively, not necessarily nasty, debate going on. Unfortunately, though, nastiness is often directed against those who do have a different viewpoint of the couple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom