Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Duchess - Slow Motion Broadcast.

The red outfit seemed like a fine and sensible choice.....until I saw the photo of her skirt blowing way up as she walked down the steps off the plane, almost showing us her undies.

No slip, either. Will she ever learn?

Poor Catherine - hair, hat, baby, high heels, wet stairs and then such wind, and the long coat and shorter dress didn't have a chance -

I've just caught up with a morning TV news show that I had recorded, and in the second of the two crossovers to the reporter in NZ, this channel actually played the duchess' coat and dress flying up in slow motion :sad:.

(Bad enough at real time speed, not necessary to be broadcast like that.)

Sun Lion.

Last edited:
PG's Backpack Already Sold Out.

There are reports that the kangaroo and joey backpack the Duke of Cambridge was seen carrying during the plane transfer has already sold out.

The "Kate Effect" has been overtaken by the "PG Effect".

Sun Lion.

Last edited:
For the love of all that's holy, will everyone please put the attention-loving iluvbertie on ignore already? As obviously he or she just says whatever comes to mind to get people mad.

If you dislike Kate or William or any member of any royal family that much, you'd never bother visiting a board devoted to the royals. I'm not talking about the occasional criticism, I'm talking about accusing a woman trying to navigate stairs in high heels and carrying her baby being accused of letting her wind-blown skirt to fly up on purpose. This person has nothing to contribute.

For the love of all that's holy, will everyone please put the attention-loving iluvbertie on ignore already? As obviously he or she just says whatever comes to mind to get people mad.

If you dislike Kate or William or any member of any royal family that much, you'd never bother visiting a board devoted to the royals. I'm not talking about the occasional criticism, I'm talking about accusing a woman trying to navigate stairs in high heels and carrying her baby being accused of letting her wind-blown skirt to fly up on purpose. This person has nothing to contribute.

You must be new here. Iluvbertie is a very long term contributor to these forums and is a learned source of very valuable information.

I suggest that the woman who was trying to navigate stairs in high heels and carrying her baby and wearing a dress which was liable to blow up in the wind was running a real risk of her dress doing just that. She seems to lack commonsense in my opinion, and does not learn from her mistakes. Why wear such high heels? Why carry the child down the hazardous stairs herself? Why wear a dress that could blow up in those circumstances or at all? All risky behaviours on Kate's part and none of them necessary and attempting them all at the same time was bound to result in a mishap.

Prince George's Fashion and Style

For travel and transiting Sydney Airport, Prince George chose a classic snug onesie in a modern shade of royal blue, and his hair was casually tousled, baby-style.

Upon arrival in Wellington, Prince George was seen to have changed into a white sweater (jumper) with a white collar with blue embroidery trim. His short trousers were also white and featured a puffy Elizabethan shape which he will resent having been forced to wear when he goes to primary school. On his feet he wore white socks which were being swallowed by his white Mary Jane shoes. No doubt these shoes will be all the rage among Kiwi boy babies.

His reddish hair was shaped into a stiff quiff reminiscent of Belgian cartoon detective Tintin. His body language indicated that he would prefer to be on a comfortable carpet with a dog, but he kept a stiff upper lip and maintained his dignity until he reached the privacy of his nursery.

And or report it to the Mods as well. Btw, it was the coat that blew up in the wind, not the skirt of the dress she had on underneath. In fact, the dress' skirt actually looked to be staying down fairly well considering that vicious wind, but why let the facts get in the way of a nasty attack of Kate? Can't let that happen now, can we!?!

For travel and transiting Sydney Airport, Prince George chose a classic snug onesie in a modern shade of royal blue, and his hair was casually tousled, baby-style.

Upon arrival in Wellington, Prince George was seen to have changed into a white sweater (jumper) with a white collar with blue embroidery trim. His short trousers were also white and featured a puffy Elizabethan shape which he will resent having been forced to wear when he goes to primary school. On his feet he wore white socks which were being swallowed by his white Mary Jane shoes. No doubt these shoes will be all the rage among Kiwi boy babies.

His reddish hair was shaped into a stiff quiff reminiscent of Belgian cartoon detective Tintin. His body language indicated that he would prefer to be on a comfortable carpet with a dog, but he kept a stiff upper lip and maintained his dignity until he reached the privacy of his nursery.

LOL!!! This is so well done, but you did miss one typical baby thing HARH did, but I've only seen it the one time myself so... When Kate and George got to the Mayor of Wellington, he made a grab for her chain of office, which Kate stopped and she and Her Honour had a good chuckle over. The look on his face said it all though..."Ooooh....Shiny!!!" :D

HARH ~ His Adorable Royal Highness. :)

And or report it to the Mods as well. Btw, it was the coat that blew up in the wind, not the skirt of the dress she had on underneath. In fact, the dress' skirt actually looked to be staying down fairly well considering that vicious wind, but why let the facts get in the way of a nasty attack of Kate? Can't let that happen now, can we!?!

Sorry Tiggersk8 -whoever was filming for one of the Australian news shows caught both the coat and the dress going up.

Tweets that Nanny and PG watched from an upstairs window in Wellington's Government House - Nanny filming on her mobile and PG playing with the blind cords.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Last edited:
One thing I just cannot understand and it boggles my mind and keeps me up at nights. Ok.. not all nights but its late tonight.

How come its perfectly acceptable to go to a beach in public and walk around with a bikini bottom (which probably shows a bit more skin than underwear and yes.. Kate has been photographed in a bikini) but when a skirt flies like a flag in the wind and underwear is glimpsed, its a major scandal?

One day Kate just might surprise us all and when the skirt flies, we'll be treated to a pair of those old style white, blousey pantaloons.

. . . Kate looks wonderful, but she always does in red, so a perfect choice. On seeing the hat, I was wondering if certain posters around were still upright or not due to Kate, in their eyes, finally wearing a proper hat *and* her hemlines below her knees. Remember to take some deep breaths and everything will be fine. :D
Don't be so hard on us . . . we like fascinators too, but there is just so much more opportunity to play around with hats.

The red outfit seemed like a fine and sensible choice.....until I saw the photo of her skirt blowing way up as she walked down the steps off the plane, almost showing us her undies.

No slip, either. Will she ever learn?
Well Wellington is not called the Windy City for nothing and remember, the word was "almost". As to not having a slip, well I never wear one when my dress is lined.

The video of the deplaning showed how bad the wind was. Ties were flying everywhere. The women next to the prime minister was holding onto her hat. Trousers would have been the only option to prevent wind damage.
You have hit the nail on the head. Sartorially speaking, Wellington was the worst airport in the country to arrive at. Actually the approach and landing itself is always an experience at Wellington.

Kate looks wonderful, but she always does in red, so a perfect choice. On seeing the hat, I was wondering if certain posters around were still upright or not due to Kate, in their eyes, finally wearing a proper hat *and* her hemlines below her knees. Remember to take some deep breaths and everything will be fine. :D

I thought Catherine's choice of ensemble was perfect (would of been better in Canterbury . . . yay Red and Black forever) however she had no way of knowing that Wellington is noted as the legendry Windy City and the airport even more so.

Thanks to a flattering style of ensemble with yards in the skirt of ther coat and dress she was spared the embarassment of showing her underwear. However, if she had her hair tied back in some way we wouldn't have seen her trying to keep her hat on, skirts down and her hair out of her eyes and hold on to an active 8 mth old who did indeed look like he had a mind to launch himself out of her arms. I guess it was the definitive multi-tasking mother gene that came in to play to save the day.

What an unkind remark.

Yes, poor Catherine, no one would ever pay her the least bit of attention if she weren't deliberately flashing her knickers. I would venture to say that no woman wishes to have her undergarments even slightly exposed in public.

Most women I know when it happens once would do something to ensure that it doesn't happen again but this is a regular occurrence for Kate - in Canada, on the Jubilee tour and on other occasions as well.

Once if forgiveable but more than once isn't.

she had no way of knowing that Wellington is noted as the legendry Windy City and the airport even more so.

She only had to google the city to find out its nickname and that wind is a feature of that city. She had every chance to find out - if she was at all interested in finding out anything about the places she is going to visit.

That is an excuse I wouldn't accept from a Year 3 (8 year old student) these days let along a representative of a foreign country who has had issues with her dresses flying up before.

The very minimum preparation she should have done is look into the vagaries of the weather in each place she will visit and prepare accordingly - she failed to do so it seems and more excuses are being made for her failures.

'no way of knowing' is far from the truth - 'no interest in knowing' - that seems to be closer to what has happened.

She had so much potential but has so far done nothing with it. I keep hoping that she will prove herself but again and again she fails to do the right thing.

Well Wellington is not called the Windy City for nothing and remember, the word was "almost".

Yes, it's called the Windy City, and I would have thought that those who were responsible for organising their itineray and her clothing should have taken that into account.

Why on earth could she just not have worn trousers and a jacket? Women themselves are to blame for the continuing gender inequality concerning clothing.

And if she does insist on wearing dangerously high heels and floaty skirts for such occasions, why on earth did her husband not carry George down the stairs? He is equally responsible for the child's existence.

What an unkind remark.

Yes, poor Catherine, no one would ever pay her the least bit of attention if she weren't deliberately flashing her knickers. I would venture to say that no woman wishes to have her undergarments even slightly exposed in public.

Probably not - she enjoys the attention that she gains from that sort of exposure.

It has happened now how many times, skirt flying up and exposing whatever, I've lost count.

What other conclusion would you draw if it happens again, and again, and again, making the headlines for flying skirts rather than working hard.

Agree 100% with Iluvbertie

Spending Tonight And Tomorrow At $12,000 Per Night Lakeside Hide-away.

I've just caught up with a few Australian TV news reports from a couple of different channels.

The Duke, Duchess and PG, are to spend tonight and tomorrow at a secret $12,000 per night lakeside hide-away.

They departed for it this afternoon after going into Wellington's Government House after the Welcome Ceremony.

(Also, reports that Nanny and PG had a bodyguard with them looking out of the window.)

Footage of people cheering in the streets as the Royal party drove past, and comments from some very cold schoolgirls who got to speak with C in the Government House garden.

Still a very cold wind blowing - hope no-one catches the sniffles, or worse, from it.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Duchess using perfume perhaps - "she smells nice" comment from some older school girls who attended the Wellington Government House event. Evening news now on here.

Last edited:
Folks calm down, nothing was shown as the skirt blew in the wind. Her overcoat seemed heavy enough and the wind was getting the best of everyone.

A beautiful welcome to Their Royal Highnesses. That baby George looked adorable and very interested in everything on his arrival. Looking forward to the rest of the trip.

I just have... i 've had enough of his/her tedious negativity and [it must be said] occasional bile..

I've just caught up with a few Australian TV news reports from a couple of different channels.

The Duke, Duchess and PG, are to spend tonight and tomorrow at a secret $12,000 per night lakeside hide-away.

They departed for it this afternoon after going into Wellington's Government House after the Welcome Ceremony.

(Also, reports that Nanny and PG had a bodyguard with them looking out of the window.)

Footage of people cheering in the streets as the Royal party drove past, and comments from some very cold schoolgirls who got to speak with C in the Government House garden.

Still a very cold wind blowing - hope no-one catches the sniffles, or worse, from it.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Duchess using perfume perhaps - "she smells nice" comment from some older school girls who attended the Wellington Government House event. Evening news now on here.

Just came onto the forum to see what's happening on the overseas trip, and have had to wade through pages of banal nonsense about Kate's skirt or coat or whatever blowing up :(

Keep up the good work Sun Lion - this is what most people want to read!

Cheers

This board is about giving personal opinions within TRF rules while attacking other posters for giving personal opinions is not within TRF rules.

Cambridge and critizism seems to be a very difficult topic.

Just came onto the forum to see what's happening on the overseas trip, and have had to wade through pages of banal nonsense about Kate's skirt or coat or whatever blowing up :(

Keep up the good work Sun Lion - this is what most people want to read!

I suppose this is true, as evidenced by the popularity of magazines like the "Woman's Day" and "New Idea". Most people who are reading about this tour probably are more concerned about how Kate smells to school children than issues such as the woman's apparent lack of commonsense evidenced by her continuing to wear dresses that are likely to blow up in heavy wind, and philosophical issues such as why women feel compelled to wear dresses and high heels at all. Diana would never have made the errors Kate keeps repeating.

And, Wyevale and your ilk, by "ignoring" Bertie you are missing out on the valuable statistics she compiles each week and posts here, and her immense knowledge on the subject of the British Royals. Your loss. I'm sure that she won't lose any sleep over being shunned by you.

Last edited:
Wyevale and your ilk, by "ignoring" Bertie you are missing out on the valuable statistics she compiles each week and posts here, and her immense knowledge on the subject of the British Royals.

No loss WHATSOEVER... i'm more than capable of compiling statistics, and know enough about the British royal family not to need input from Iluvbertie.. thank you very much !

Our Aussie republicans (Iluvbertie) are at it again. pay no attention to them, they like to think their criticisms are valid.

Catherine looked amazing with slight ruffle in he skirt

This board is about giving personal opinions within TRF rules while attacking other posters for giving personal opinions is not within TRF rules.

Cambridge and critizism seems to be a very difficult topic.

Can't agree more, and we can ad that this forum would be the only place to not criticise the Cambridges as, let's face it, the popularity of the couple is quite challenged, for good reasons, everywhere else.

So let's see the "wonder couple" at work for once and what they can bring to the British Monarchy !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom