Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they leaving to the airport right after the zoo visit or will they be heading back to the hotel for a while? and how long is the flight to LA?

No idea what time they arrive in LA but they arrived at the zoo at 11:30 a.m. MT and the farewell ceremony at the airport begins at 12:45 p.m. MT

No idea what time they arrive in LA but they arrived at the zoo at 11:30 a.m. MT and the farewell ceremony at the airport begins at 12:45 p.m. MT

Late afternoon arrival at LAX. I think live coverage begins at 3:30pm Pacific.

Sounds about right I think LA is about a 2 hour flight from Canada and they don't depart officially till 1:30pm

Thanks for the replies. Kate looks good in the red/orange look, very princesses looking IMO and the brooch added a great touch, just wish her hair was styled differently.

Watching the live stream of their departure from the airport. Lots of profanity from cameramen around the CBC camera! :eek:

I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of their visit to Canada, and was particularly touched by William's speech in Calgary and the extra time they devoted to speaking to veterans. I hope to see them back here soon!

I would have preferred Kate wear the polar bear diamond broach the NWT gave her during this trip instead of the maple leaf broach today. IMO, I think that would have been a nicer touch.

I was talking to one of my close friends last evening, and couldn't help but ramble on and on about the Canada visit. This person is not into royalty, but started to see my reasons for liking William and Catherine after hearing more about them prior to the wedding and of course my 'updates'. She's a big fan of Angelina Jolie, and told me several times that she likes her because she actually gets hands-on involved in the charities she supports. I thought about that statement while following the tour, and couldn't help but make the comparison. It's wonderful to see. My friend will not become a royal watcher anytime soon, but she does hold a bit of a soft spot for these two (more for Catherine than William though).

See, I've been a bit turned off of Angelina just due to the overhyping of the Media, but one thing that hasn't changed is my very deep respect and admiration for all that she does for Charity. Particularly her duties as an UN Ambassador for Refugees. Anyone else would take hordes of photo teams, but you never hear about her trips until they'll over, because Angelina wants the focus right where it should be. Why she's gone to the places she's gone to and the people she's met.

William and Kate give off the same "vibe" and I'm just so proud of them and how the entire Tour turned out. A complete and total Triumph!!

BTW...I've still got it on CBC News Network (what Newsworld is now) and they just showed a promo for tonight's Connect w/Mark Kelley and he's going to be talking/interviewing little Diamond who stole so many hearts yesterday at the Calgary Airport. It'll start at 8pm EST on CBC News Network!!

I will be tuning in *and* putting it on the DVD. :)

William and Kate give off the same "vibe" and I'm just so proud of them and how the entire Tour turned out. A complete and total Triumph!!
I agree. They both are so very natural and real aren't they?

I agree. They both are so very natural and real aren't they?

They certainly are.

Did anyone hear about the elderly lady who gave Kate the bouquet of roses before she and William boarded the airplane? When she was 6 years old, she arrivied at the Medicine Hat Train Station w/a bouquet of roses to give to Their Majesties, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth and then...

The train didn't stop in Medicine Hat.

She was understandably devasated by it. Okay then...We have *this* year's Visit of William and Kate and I didn't quite understand how it was set up, whether a relative or family friend contacted Clarence House about this or how it happened, but there she was w/a gorgeous bouquet of red roses to give to Kate. She not only got to do that, but also had a pretty long chat w/both the Duke and Duchess. About five to seven minutes and at only point, William put his hand on her shoulder during their chat. It was just a gesture much he's done w/Kate and putting his hand/arm around her back, but still such a sweet thing to see him do.

I'm so happy something was figured out and arranged, so that lady could finally have her moment to give flowers to and meet Members of Canada's Royal Family. :flowers:

See, I've been a bit turned off of Angelina just due to the overhyping of the Media, but one thing that hasn't changed is my very deep respect and admiration for all that she does for Charity. Particularly her duties as an UN Ambassador for Refugees. Anyone else would take hordes of photo teams, but you never hear about her trips until they'll over, because Angelina wants the focus right where it should be. Why she's gone to the places she's gone to and the people she's met.

BTW...I've still got it on CBC News Network (what Newsworld is now) and they just showed a promo for tonight's Connect w/Mark Kelley and he's going to be talking/interviewing little Diamond who stole so many hearts yesterday at the Calgary Airport. It'll start at 8pm EST on CBC News Network!!

I will be tuning in *and* putting it on the DVD. :)

Very well said! I'm so glad that Diamond got her wish! She'll be talking about her meeting with Catherine for a long time.

And, we cannot forget the elderly lady that got her own wish of meeting royalty. That's another moving story. Thank you for sharing that.

I hope that in the future the Duke and Duchess will continue to give their vibe of sincerity, kindness and genuine care for those who are in need, and those who support them.

I am impressed with this couple's stamina!! I would be completely worn out and looking it!! I am totally impresed with their "common" touch and going out of their way to be nice to people. Go Will and Kate!!!

I remember that one poster here who was not exactly positive about Catherine (or her suitability) said that when she would bring this excessive, gruelling tour to a good end, she had proved all the naysayers wrong.

I dare say that moment has come - and she passed with flying colours!

I remember that one poster here who was not exactly positive about Catherine (or her suitability) said that when she would bring this excessive, gruelling tour to a good end, she had proved all the naysayers wrong.

:flowers: She has surpassed the expectations of many. It's wonderful to watch her blossom in her new role.

Back on the topic of Canada- I was just looking at the photos posted in the gallery section of the website of the Queen...
And it appears as though at most every airport, the people who greeted them with flowers were not officials, but special needs children!
On page 5, there is Catherine accepting flowers from a wheelchair bound tollder boy, and on page 1 there is William patting another special needs child on the shoulder and chatting.
And of course little Diamond stole the show! Such precious children! Really does tug at the heart!

Back on the topic of Canada- I was just looking at the photos posted in the gallery section of the website of the Queen...
And it appears as though at most every airport, the people who greeted them with flowers were not officials, but special needs children!
On page 5, there is Catherine accepting flowers from a wheelchair bound tollder boy, and on page 1 there is William patting another special needs child on the shoulder and chatting.
And of course little Diamond stole the show! Such precious children! Really does tug at the heart!

I noticed that as well. I think it's a very lovely gesture and should be practiced more often. After all, the only way to help people overcome their fears of those with exceptionalities is to show them that these individuals can do normal and ordinary things. If a typically developing child can stand there and hand flowers, so can a child in a wheelchair. Kudos to the organizers.

Bah I found the rest of the family's comments after Diamond met the Duchess. You'll need tissues trust me
Dying girl's royal wish comes true | Canada | News | London Free Press
I think I am going to run out of tissues before long!;)
Klenex better go into overdrive- this is only W and C's first Royal tour!:lol:
I thought of the 2 mums in heaven last night- Diana beaming with pride, a big smile on her face, at the sucess of W and C's first tour, and of Diamond's mother doing the same, out of love for her little one!

I am not sure who posted the comment but this tour is not that grueling. She is driven around, her clothes are taken care of, and her hair is styled by a professional. They have also had the luxury of time-off from the tour to do their own thing. All she has to do is hop out of a car, shake some hands, and pay attention. She has not given any speeches or done anything remotely difficult. She didn't even take a swing with the hockey stick because of her heels. :whistling: They even reportedly complained about wearing the cowboy hat.

She has been friendly with the crowds and showed a sense of decorum but this is not the most difficult of assignments. After all she has known how to handle the media for years due to her being William's girlfriend for so long. If anything this is the same Kate we have seen for years. She just has more money to spend on things than in the past.

I hope to see her expand her horizons and use the media attention to bring attention to worthy causes but we are not there yet. Hopefully that will happen soon.

I am not sure who posted the comment but this tour is not that grueling.

:previous:Exactly, it's not like she climbed a mountain in the Canadian Rockies or went camping with the bare necessities.:bang:

She is driven around, her clothes are taken care of, and her hair is styled by a professional.

:previous:Right! She is an adult therefore should be able take care of herself, no excuses!:angry:

They have also had the luxury of time-off from the tour to do their own thing.

:previous: Great observation...a good meal, couple hours of sleep and a quick shower is all the rest they needed. Anymore is just being lazy!

All she has to do is hop out of a car, shake some hands, and pay attention. She has not given any speeches or done anything remotely difficult.

:previous:I completely agree with you...3 mos. as a member of the BRF is plenty of time to be prepared to make speeches, review troops, perform ceremonial openings, etc. and by herself nonetheless!

She didn't even take a swing with the hockey stick because of her heels. :whistling:

:previous:Ha! Heels, people swing hockey sticks with ice skates on! Heels...:argh:

They even reportedly complained about wearing the cowboy hat.

:previous:That was a bad thing to do...even if they wore them later on that was still wrong...:sad:

She has been friendly with the crowds and showed a sense of decorum but this is not the most difficult of assignments. After all she has known how to handle the media for years due to her being William's girlfriend for so long. If anything this is the same Kate we have seen for years. She just has more money to spend on things than in the past.

:previous:Yeah, and she should stop recycling her outfits...with all that money she should just stop kidding herself and buy a whole new wardrobe.

I hope to see her expand her horizons and use the media attention to bring attention to worthy causes but we are not there yet. Hopefully that will happen soon.

:previous:I agree...again she's been married for nearly 3mos...I don't know what's taking her so long.:unsure:

:previous:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Very well done.

So that's how its done here? Amongst some of the posters? Opinions disagreed with are made fun of? Unpleasant. Unfortunate. jemagre makes good points - she states her opinion well - everyone deserves a fair and respectful hearing without fear of ridicule IMO.

Last edited:
I remember reading that Diana was once asked what it was like to be a princess and she replied "it's like going to three or four weddings a day - as the bride". We really have no idea how difficult public life can be unless we are IN public life.

I remember reading that Diana was once asked what it was like to be a princess and she replied "it's like going to three or four weddings a day - as the bride". We really have no idea how difficult public life can be unless we are IN public life.

Amen to that! Also, I believe that it's a lot more grueling to be in social situations non-stop for a week and a half than it is to be doing something that doesn't involve so much interaction with others. It's draining to constantly have to smile and be pleasant, especially if one is new to public life. Catherine has done a great job, and I don't think it's fair to give her a hard time. We are not the ones standing on our feet for eight hours or more, in front of pretty much the entire world, she and her husband are. I'd love to see how any of us would handle that type of pressure.

I'm not trying to knock anyone else's opinions, so if anyone gets offended or upset, I apologize. The intent was not to cause any harm.

So that's how its done here? Amongst some of the posters? Opinions disagreed with are made fun of? Unpleasant. Unfortunate. jemagre makes good points - she states her opinion well - everyone deserves a fair and respectful hearing without fear of ridicule IMO.

I apologize if YOU are offended by my response to jemagre's post. My intentions are to not make anyone feel uncomfortable about participating in the discussion of topics within this forum. Nevertheless, I did not know that this forum was intended for the discussion of topics in a serious manner only. I appreciate pointing out how my remarks may have violated the ethics of the forum as interpreted by some. Once again I apologize to you and anyone else that felt disrespected.

Therefore, in a serious manner, let me clarify my response to jemagre's post. My intention, although in an incorrect fashion, was to use humor to suggest jemagre reevaluate the comments, because I believed that they were extreme. The comments seemed to imply disappointment in the Duchess' performance during the Canadian Royal Tour. Specifically in the areas of attire, duties performed, accompanying staff, leisure activity, as well as organization affiliations. My comments were to demonstrate that perhaps jemagre set the bar too high for Catherine at this point, the Canadian Royal Tour, since she has been a member of the BRF for only three months. I assumed that it was known that she is still beginning the performance of royal duties, thus I did not mention it.

Obviously, my attempt at humor in my response to jemagre's comments was inappropriate, as evidenced in the response my comments received. I apologize for my violation of the ethics and my use of humor on a serious thread as pointed out by concerned members.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom