Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little off topic and aways in the future, but I think that they should save the bottle of champagne William got for winning the Dragonboat race to toast the birth of their first child - a friend of mine had their honeymoon in France and her and her hubby returned with a bottle of champagne to do just that.

I hope PEI Tourism's got those black fleece jacket Kate's wearing in bulk supply.

They're going to need them.

OMG!!! She didn't just say what I think I heard her say, did she?

say no and the video still loads.

I tried that, and it didn't work (won't even let me click on 'no'). Sometimes technology is a curse, especially when one has no idea how to work it (and I definitely have no clue).

Tiggersk8, what exactly did she say?

I hope PEI Tourism's got those black fleece jacket Kate's wearing in bulk supply.

:lol: She did!

Tiggersk8 said:

I'd like one! They look pretty comfy!

LOL...yeah, you did!!

I wanna know too. Lol.

What did she say?

And of course, when in PEI, you *have* to meet Anne.

BTW...If any of you are lucky enough to visit PEI during the summer when the Charlottetown Festival is on and Anne of Green Gables is playing, please go and see it. We visited the Maritimes in 1985 and my Dad and I were lucky enough to snag the last two tickets to that night's performance. Excellent, excellent show!!! Go if you can if you're in PEI during the Summer Months!! :eek:)

Last edited:
Well, IIRC, the presenter/performer when she attempted to thank William and Kate to PEI/being there today, she called him...

"The Douche of..."

Then she looked horrified beyond words and covered w/, "Oh no...That did NOT just happen..."

At least that's how I heard it, but I was also on my way down the stairs when I heard it, so could have that wrong.

Tiggersk8 said:
Well, IIRC, the presenter/performer when she attempted to thank William and Kate to PEI/being there today, she called him...

"The Douche of..."

Then she looked horrified beyond words and covered w/, "Oh no...That did NOT just happen..."

At least that's how I heard it, but I was also on my way down the stairs when I heard it, so could have that wrong.

Lol but I thought they meant Kate said something....

I realized that's how it much have looked/sounded in my post after I hit post. Sorry about that Everyone.

Could someone please tell this twit at CPAC that Green Gables and the Confederation Bridge does *not* look like Westminster Abbey. Talk about going strictly by the briefing notes and not taking a look at the coverage once in a while...

"The Douche of..."

Oh my.....that can be quite...awkward to say the least. I did crack up just a little though. :lol:

Mia Mae, I love the picture you posted. This is a really genuine moment and shows how they feel about one another (and that he cherishes his wife).

Last edited:
They seem completely relaxed and at total ease on the island. It suits them! :)

Oops, someone took a pic of Kate's bloomers, it's the second picture. Glad to know I'm not the only one who still wears bloomers. :)

Those don't appear to be bloomers. They look like Spanx or some other kind of bodyshaping undergarment. Either that, or it's a slip and because of the way only one side of her dress flew up, we can't tell for certain.

They fit too loose to be spanx. It looks more like shorts or maybe some type of undergarment sewn into the dress. Whatever it it is, it was smart of her to have them on.

A very sweet, genuine moment!!
It really is.

"The Douche of..."

I heard that. She was so embarrassed. :lol:

Last edited:
This photo makes me smile...I feel like it really shows the care the new Duchess is taking to greet people person to person. Although she seems to be shaking someone else's hand at the same time, she has paused graciously to take a picture with a girl who looks soooo thrilled to be meeting her. It's not common we see something like that, and obviously it's not something that can happen frequently considering the size of the crowds.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom