Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think these are the culprits.. delinquent minors..

the video is poor and the person shooting it apparently can't get high enough to get the camera above the fencing and rails but you can see at least one kid throw something and you can see at least one egg fall and then you see them hightail it across a soccer field. there's around 3 - 4 of them.

little brats... they are lucky, I'm not there to catch` em.

YouTube - ‪William & Kate Egged in Montreal - Ste-Justine Hospital‬‏

Last edited:
I've listened to Prince William's speech in Quebec city on CBC,but it has been provided simultaneous translation in English.Could anyone provide a link to his speech in pure French(without translation)?

I also am keen to hear a sound clip with PW showing off his best French.

I doubt it's of any help but BBC showed most of it without translation over the top

William and Kate have left Lévis, Quebec, the last stop in the Quebec portion of their tour. Off to the airport now for their flight to Prince Edward Island!

Am I the only one getting tired of seeing a young lady in her 20's wearing middle aged fashions being hailed as a fashion icon? I dare say Hello magazine would have me strung up from the nearest lampost for saying well, you know...the truth!

Last edited:
Here you can read a bit more about the encounter. It's really touching

Prince William & Kate Middleton Canada Tour: Plant a Tree : People.com

After the couple left, Terry, who lives in the Bruyere Hospice, burst into tears. "This has given me a tremendous lift," he said. "It goes to show that we have a wonderful monarchy, and we really need people like this."

He added: "I was told a week ago I would be meeting them and I have been looking forward to it ever since. It has been one of the best days of my life."

This just makes me even prouder and happy. This is what a Monarchy needs.
That really touches my heart, really reminds me of Diana, and Kate is such a warm person

Here you can read a bit more about the encounter. It's really touching

Prince William & Kate Middleton Canada Tour: Plant a Tree : People.com

After the couple left, Terry, who lives in the Bruyere Hospice, burst into tears. "This has given me a tremendous lift," he said. "It goes to show that we have a wonderful monarchy, and we really need people like this."

He added: "I was told a week ago I would be meeting them and I have been looking forward to it ever since. It has been one of the best days of my life."

This just makes me even prouder and happy. This is what a Monarchy needs.
That really touches my heart, really reminds me of Diana, and Kate is such a warm person

You stated that beautifully. I teared up while watching that clip and hearing the story behind the meeting. My respect/admiration for these two seemed to grow about a hundred-fold in the past four days.

Well done!

Am I the only one getting tired of seeing a young lady in her 20's wearing middle aged fashions being hailed as a fashion icon? I dare say Hello magazine would have me strung up from the nearest lampost for saying well, you know...the truth!

Hello Angela, I'm sure you are not the only one. There are over 6 billion people in the world, right?!
But I feel this is the wrong place to talked about The Duchess of Cambridge's fashion choices. TRF has a special thread for that.

Here is the link: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...time-fashion-part-2-june-2011-a-31284-23.html

You are welcome and have a nice day:flowers:!

What video clip?

I think it was during live footage yesterday (unless I'm thinking of something else, because I have seen way too many of these clips in the past couple of days :lol:). There are various clips that are posted on this thread that deal with the tree planting and the meeting with the couples who were married for 50 years or longer, and the terminally ill gentleman, Terry Joyce.

Hope this helps. I do apologize if I caused any sort of confusion.

Live streaming Royals head to P.E.I. - LIVE

CBC.ca Player
This Canadian coverage is really spoiling us, so much to see!

The Duke and Duchess have just arrived in Charlottetown they met with dignitaries and Catherine collected flowers from some young girls who had won a coloring contest. She wore a sweater over the dress she was wearing earlier and William switched into a suit.

Last edited:
CBC player is not working for me. I'm able to get sound but no pictures. It happened on Friday as well. Bummer that I can't catch the live footage.

You may not be the only one, and you're welcome to post your opinion. Please keep in mind it's an opinion, not "the truth".

it's Day 4 :lol:
Look DM reporting on Kate's broodyness. Until we get any confirmation, I assume a lot of posts like this will be made.

Video
Arrival in Montréal at the Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International
Visit to Sainte-Justine University Hospital Centre
Cooking Workshop at the Institut de Tourisme et d'hôtellerie du Québec (ITHQ)
Departure from Montréal to Québec City onboard HMCS Montréal

YouTube - ‪Saturday, July 2, 2011, Montréal, Quebec‬‏

Photos Tour of la Maison Dauphine in Québec
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canadianheritage-patrimoinecanadien/5898619517/

Last edited:
yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/h26kfbjj
yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/h4aykykj
http://images.scribblelive.com/2011/7/3/42a2e224-d292-4a8a-ba89-2533947d3209_300.jpg
http://images.scribblelive.com/2011/7/3/c2983c67-727f-41f8-9507-144f2d285410_300.jpg

by Sally.Pitt : Royal sense of humour
Kate and Will met with media here in PEI. Very charming and great sense
of humour! Kate said this was the first time she hasn't had cameras in
her face in a while! She's looking forward to seeing Will in Sea King
helicopter tomorrow!

Prince Wills comments
Prince William said he was lobbying with his uncle Edward to change the
name of PEI to Prince William Island

info from: Kate and William head to Quebec City - Ottawa - CBC News

Ouf... I'm relieved and so happy that the Quebec part of their trip went without any incident. Like many here I was worried about the protesters. I cannot explain why but I found myself glued to my tv most of the weekend just to get a glimpse of them in places I know well like the Ste-Justine Hospital or St-Denis street where the ITHQ is. I found them genuine and oh so beautiful. From my living room, I was helping Will with his French and was surprised to hear that Catherine also talk to her well-wishers in French.

SOme of you have events like this almost on a daily basis - you are lucky

yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/h26kfbjj
yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/h4aykykj
http://images.scribblelive.com/2011/7/3/42a2e224-d292-4a8a-ba89-2533947d3209_300.jpg
http://images.scribblelive.com/2011/7/3/c2983c67-727f-41f8-9507-144f2d285410_300.jpg

by Sally.Pitt : Royal sense of humour
Kate and Will met with media here in PEI. Very charming and great sense
of humour! Kate said this was the first time she hasn't had cameras in
her face in a while! She's looking forward to seeing Will in Sea King
helicopter tomorrow!

Prince Wills comments
Prince William said he was lobbying with his uncle Edward to change the
name of PEI to Prince William Island

info from: Kate and William head to Quebec City - Ottawa - CBC News

Too funny about the name change. Although there are things named Prince William...but not a province.

I love Kate, but I have problems with how she looks/dresses - and it's not because the clothes are stodgy:

Royal tour day four: Prince William and Kate Middleton in Canada - Telegraph

No need to have problems over how Catherine is dressed unless you are getting paid as her stylist.

Relax and enjoy the newly married couple on their first overseas trip. They are lovely and doing a great job for the Queen. If Catherine's clothes become a major issue for you I suggest find something else to look at.

I love Kate, but I have problems with how she looks/dresses - and it's not because the clothes are stodgy:

Royal tour day four: Prince William and Kate Middleton in Canada - Telegraph

Elaborate. :flowers:

For me, I'm fine with her clothes - I think she has a conservative style and that's fine. She has a sense of color and knows what looks well on her - as well as what photographs well - though the latter must be just instinct. But she was an Art History Major, correct? That could play into it - she has a good eye for style.

My problems with her 'look' are three. She is far too thin - not a good role model for young girls, but it just is not attractive really, either. (The camera eye 'thinks' its attractive but it ain't). Her eye make-up - yes, I will be saying that again and again, I think. Her hair - I can understand she is keeping it long 'for her man' - and she is a newly-wed, but...I wonder, does she have flexibility? Princess Anne found a look in her early 20's and has never wavered. Will Kate be similar? The hair is minor - the eye make-up is personal taste - but the weight - what could be going through her mind? Is she already seeing herself in the eye of the camera? Always a problem....

A report on W & K's dinner with the press.

CBC.ca Player

Really excited to see the dragon boat race thanks to Kate's comments!
happy19.gif
Come on Kate, take one home for the gals!
random41.gif

Looking forward to William's helicopter manuever.

No need to have problems over how Catherine is dressed unless you are getting paid as her stylist.

Relax and enjoy the newly married couple on their first overseas trip. They are lovely and doing a great job for the Queen. If Catherine's clothes become a major issue for you I suggest find something else to look at.

It's more how she looks. We've been following the young royals avidly, but you're right, it's probably time to see them from afar (or look away), as it is bothering the hubby too now.

We do have a chance to see the hubbub around them when they are in California - I'll have to focus my binoculars on Will, I suppose.

A report on W & K's dinner with the press.

CBC.ca Player

Really excited to see the dragon boat race thanks to Kate's comments!
happy19.gif
Come on Kate, take one home for the gals!
random41.gif

Looking forward to William's helicopter manuever.

This should be fun to watch. Hopefully the player will cooperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom