Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was funny when after talking to the veterans they stood at the top of the stairsf for a couple of seconds and then after talking to each other decided to meet the public, both taking opposite sides.
They're several minutes behind schedule but the walkabout's over and now they're off to Rideau Hall for the official welcome. Some more screencaps from the walkabout:

Last edited:
OMG! I LOVE IT! Good for them! I am so proud of them both, and Diana is looking down from heaven smiling right now saying, "See, that is my greatest legacy, I raised them right." How lucky Canada is to have them up there today. SOO jealous. :)

Just watched the live stream on Sky. Kate looks as if she has been doing this kind of thing for years - What a good start to the tour

Prince William's recently unveiled Canadian flag will be used now throughout his visit.

Yeah it was funny when after talking to the veterans they stood at the top of the stairsf for a couple of seconds and then after talking to each other decided to meet the public, both taking opposite sides.

I noticed that too. Very sweet.

They've arrived at Rideau Hall. Lots of people there - the reporter said over 6,000.

Thanks for the screencaps, Humera.

Last edited:
Kate looked really nice on arrival & very confident. Pretty dress she was wearing IMO.

What a glorious start to their first overseas trip! She's 2-2 in the outfits department, I wonder what else she'll be wearing today.

Wow! I've never seen crowds that big at Rideau Hall ever. Its nice that William and Kate are doing a lot of walkabouts along with the Prime Minister and the GG. I can't wait to hear Wills short speech.

CNN playing video from them at the National War Memorial and laying flowers....Catherine did a fantastic job so far in my opinion ....she looks at ease and relaxed but also appropriatly somber .....so far so good.....plus the welcoming ceremony live :) Awesome!

Wow! I've never seen crowds that big at Rideau Hall ever. Its nice that William and Kate are doing a lot of walkabouts along with the Prime Minister and the GG. I can't wait to hear Wills short speech.

One thing I did notice with Will and Kate doing a walkabout is that they sincerely seem to be enjoying every minute of it. They both seem to want to take their time and actually have conversations with the people they are meeting. This is a couple that I think will be very popular and win hearts no matter where they go.

Prince William talked a little bit in French. So nice of him.

Now they take a break but when is this BBQ and will there be coverage?

Nice speeches by all. William started off in French and said "It will improve as we go along." Interesting to note that the future William IV was the first royal visitor to Canada in 1786 (mentioned by the PM in his speech)

I know we are ALL excited about this trip.

But let's refrain from asking about photos and videos. As soon as they are available, they will be posted.

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

The barbecue is at 6 pm, so an hour and a half from now. I'm not sure if there will be live coverage.

Will and Kate 'delighted' about visiting Canada - Calgary - CBC News

Prince William says he and wife Kate Middleton are "delighted" about their first trip together to Canada.
In his first public remarks in the country, William said he and Kate spoke before their wedding about their desire to visit a country his family loves.

Kate looked gorgeous. Fabulous hair. Beautiful dress. William looked handsome but he needs to wear a new suit. I'm getting tired of his navy suit.

Kate is such a natural. She was talking to everyone and spending a lot more time than William. It was very sweet of him to wait for her to be done. They're a great team. I love how they decided together to go meet the crowd seperately. William trusts her to handle things on her own. Its just fabulous to see.

I loved his little speech sprinkled with a few lines in french. Kate loved it. She had a huge grin on her face whenever he talked in French. I loved their grins every time their wedding was mentioned. It was cute when William mentioned he and Kate wanted to visit Canada long before they got married. The crowd went wild and they both blushed. :wub: They don't need PDAs. Their love shines through even when they're standing 20 feet away from each other.

Kate's grin while William speaks French...
http://www.gettyimages.it/detail/117734143/Getty-Images-Entertainment

Their smiles when the Governor welcomes them to Canada, Honeymoon Capital of the commonwealth. They both blushed when he said that. :wub:
http://www.gettyimages.it/detail/117734145/Getty-Images-Entertainment

Last edited:
Kate looked pretty with her hair pulled back. Her black lace dress is lovely, but not before 5pm --- it's a cocktail dress. But nobody cares, so we'll just enjoy it.

William and Kate are really great and have excellently coped with all the pressure around them and really support each other (at this point being very different from Charles and Diana) !
I wish only luck to them and I am sure they be warmly greeted wherever they will go

This was so worth getting up early to watch. I can't wait for the BBQ I'm almost certain CBC will speak about it once it starts up. They have continuous coverage.

Last edited:
I highly doubt Richard was trying to make it sound so sad with his tweet:
20.26 Richard Palmer, The Daily Express's royal correspondent, paints a sad picture for William:
"Kate, Kate, Kate," the crowd shouted. Those who met William chanted: "We want Kate."
Poor lad.
On the contrary it seemed like both sides were genuinely happy with whoever they got to meet.

On the contrary it seemed like both sides were genuinely happy with whoever they got to meet.

@RoyalReporter: There were chants for William too. But it was those people who'd already met William who particularly caught my attention.

@LynneBell1: Crowd chanting"kate1 Kate! Kate!" and "Will! Will! Will!"#royal visit

I agree. But there seems to be a lot more interest in Kate. I saw when people were chanting Kate, Kate, Kate! and We want Kate! I also saw a few people chanting Will, Will, Will. I remember I read an article on BBC yesterday, where Peter Hunt wrote that he hopes that William has the strength of character to cope with being upstaged by his wife. Prince Charles used to get jealous of all the attention Diana got. I don't think that'll happen here. William seems proud of Kate and she doesn't seem like she's craving attention. She seems ok with supporting William. So its all good. Here is the Article....

BBC News - Canada royal tour: Will history repeat itself?

I often find the British press rather cynical. I was watching the live coverage and the crowd greeting William was just as enthusiastic for him as the one on Kate's side (they weren't saying "We want Kate"...not on his side anyway)

its not black lace...its dark blue...i think its a trend in her wardrobe .

I often find the British press rather cynical. I was watching the live coverage and the crowd greeting William was just as enthusiastic for him as the one on Kate's side.
Completely agree!Press always tries to create speculations and bad stories!
It was amazing to see how warmly were greeted both of them and how supportive and protective of each other they are.I think people were excited and eager to see them(especially) as they are a new couple to represent the kingdom and that Kate is a new member of royal family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom