The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #941  
Old 07-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
how wonderful that catherine and the girl had their picture taken together. would any other royal have let that happen?
Once again this shows just how much both Will and Kate get into the mood of what they're doing and they actually really enjoy meeting the people and talking with them and put it on as much as a personal level as they possibly can. That one picture that was snapped of Kate with someone in the crowd is probably going to have a place of honor in that person's home for the rest of their life.

I also noticed that its team WillandKate charisma. Had to laugh as the person filming for a few minutes there probably wished she had two cameras so she could follow both William and Kate at the same time rather than scan back and forth between the two.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #942  
Old 07-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
how wonderful that catherine and the girl had their picture taken together. would any other royal have let that happen?
I think William did take a picture with a fan when he was visiting St. Andrew's in February. It was very sweet to see.

Osipi, if I were in that girl's position, I'd back that picture up ten times over (leave it on my camera in case computer and external hard drive go), and frame the printed copy. Sounds a bit obsessive, but my old computer crashed, and a lot of my pictures with various theatre actors were lost. I still have them on my facebook, but I hated that I lost them anyway.
__________________

__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #943  
Old 07-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think William did take a picture with a fan when he was visiting St. Andrew's in February. It was very sweet to see.

Osipi, if I were in that girl's position, I'd back that picture up ten times over (leave it on my camera in case computer and external hard drive go), and frame the printed copy. Sounds a bit obsessive, but my old computer crashed, and a lot of my pictures with various theatre actors were lost. I still have them on my facebook, but I hated that I lost them anyway.
Oh most definitely LOTS of backups! I was just thinking that years down the line, that woman could look at her grandchildren and say "See.... Gramma DID have her picture taken with the Queen!"
Reply With Quote
  #944  
Old 07-16-2011, 04:57 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,779
Argh I'm trying to rip the videos off CPAC's website but I can't. Stream Transport won't recognize it can anyone help me out? Anyone able to get the royal tour videos on that site to rip? Replay Media Catcher rips it but I only have the demo version.Could anyone help me out?
Reply With Quote
  #945  
Old 07-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Argh I'm trying to rip the videos off CPAC's website but I can't. Stream Transport won't recognize it can anyone help me out? Anyone able to get the royal tour videos on that site to rip? Replay Media Catcher rips it but I only have the demo version.Could anyone help me out?
I have typed 'royal tour' in the Search bar and a list with results come up. Do you want all those videos?
Reply With Quote
  #946  
Old 07-16-2011, 07:53 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,779
^Just saw this and the PM hehe yes please except the one's I mentioned in the PM Thanks sooo much for the help Skippy!

ETA: New pic just put up by the CDNHeritage flickr page from the couple's visit to the hospital in Montreal
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canadia...57626977139923
Reply With Quote
  #947  
Old 07-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Oh most definitely LOTS of backups! I was just thinking that years down the line, that woman could look at her grandchildren and say "See.... Gramma DID have her picture taken with the Queen!"
That would be a great momento to have. I think having pictures with the people you meet at events like these adds a personal touch. I know that many worry about those pictures being sold on eBay, but I look at it this way; this is my memory, and has meaning only to me. I was there and waited to meet the person and have a chance to chat (picture being the bonus, since sometimes there's no time for those), so why would I want to sell that to a person who only wants the famous face (probably to sell again anyway)? Needless to say, my pictures with various theatre personalities are my keepsakes.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #948  
Old 07-16-2011, 09:46 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
That would be a great momento to have. I think having pictures with the people you meet at events like these adds a personal touch. I know that many worry about those pictures being sold on eBay, but I look at it this way; this is my memory, and has meaning only to me. I was there and waited to meet the person and have a chance to chat (picture being the bonus, since sometimes there's no time for those), so why would I want to sell that to a person who only wants the famous face (probably to sell again anyway)? Needless to say, my pictures with various theatre personalities are my keepsakes.
I've only ever met Camilla but I would never in my life sell that photo. Honestly I'd have to have like amnesia or something in order for me to sell that photo.
Reply With Quote
  #949  
Old 07-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I've only ever met Camilla but I would never in my life sell that photo. Honestly I'd have to have like amnesia or something in order for me to sell that photo.
Were you able to get a picture with her, or just of her? What a lovely memory in any case.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #950  
Old 07-16-2011, 11:37 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Were you able to get a picture with her, or just of her? What a lovely memory in any case.
You know I had never seen anyone ask a member of the royal family for a picture with them so I didn't bother to ask which was dumb on my part but it all went by kinda fast. I did manage to get a picture of her holding my flowers which is super special to me cause her lady in waiting I assume came to get the flowers from her and she said " no no I want to carry them". Oh and did I mention she was also juggling an umbrella in the same hand?! So that made me feel totally special. So totally one of the best moments of my life so far and a memory I'll forever treasure. It was so special cause when she came I was soaked and couldn't feel my fingers we had waited out there forever and it was pouring so hard but it was totally worth it. We weren't even sure she was going to stop cause she was running a little bit late and they wanted to start the luncheon and presentation asap, so I was a bit scared that all that waiting had been for nothing but luckily it turned out great. Yep kinda went off topic there but it's still such a great moment that everytime I think about I just can't help but re-tell the whole story.
Reply With Quote
  #951  
Old 07-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
You know I had never seen anyone ask a member of the royal family for a picture with them so I didn't bother to ask which was dumb on my part but it all went by kinda fast. I did manage to get a picture of her holding my flowers which is super special to me cause her lady in waiting I assume came to get the flowers from her and she said " no no I want to carry them" which made me feel totally special. So totally one of the best moments of my life so far and a memory I'll forever treasure. It was so special cause when she came I was soaked and couldn't feel my fingers we had waited out there forever and it was pouring so hard but it was totally worth it.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad she liked your flowers.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #952  
Old 07-16-2011, 11:56 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,779
No prob happy to share and relive the experience! Hopefully they'll return to Canada soon and this time come to Vancouver. I'd love to see them.
Reply With Quote
  #953  
Old 07-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Kasumi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ****, Taiwan
Posts: 2,595
The Prince of Wales is worried about the press coverage of the Duke's and the Duchess's visit to Canada.
Article in French
Google translation
Reply With Quote
  #954  
Old 07-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
The Prince of Wales is worried about the press coverage of the Duke's and the Duchess's visit to Canada.
Article in French
Google translation
This doesn't sound overly feasible to me. Of course wherever William and Kate go now, they're going to draw a huge following! They've been in the eye of the media almost constantly since the day they got engaged. When you look at the demographics, Will and Kate are far more likely to draw more of the younger set towards the monarchy, what it stands for and what it does than a senior citizen (ok senior prince). Just as today more people would probably show up to see Justin Beiber than a reunion of Herman's Hermits. Its all in the interests of different generations.

I'm sure that there were times during the Diana years that Charles did feel overshadowed by her... he is a sensitive soul in that respect but as far as the Cambridges' Canadian/US tour, I would more likely picture him as a proud papa and grinning ear to ear. Charles is NOT that shallow.
Reply With Quote
  #955  
Old 07-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 2,949
"A source said that Prince Charles would try to make a change now in order to attract more fans."

Oh, dear, I hope this doesn't mean a Justin Bieber haircut.
Reply With Quote
  #956  
Old 07-17-2011, 08:13 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,779
This article sorta makes more sense
Why Charles is right over Prince William and Kate Middleton mania - mirror.co.uk

The original article:
Charles: I deserve to be loved | Mail Online
Reply With Quote
  #957  
Old 07-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Now that second article did seem to portray Charles in a much better light. I think both William and Charles are usually level headed men and Kate seems pretty much down to earth and not the type that would have the limelight go to her head. Even though, I am glad they are going to be laying low for a while and just getting on with married life. They have a lifetime to work up towards being full working royals.
Reply With Quote
  #958  
Old 07-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Midwestern Mom's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Smalltown, United States
Posts: 135
I think it must terrify Charles to see what is appearing to be the same media frenzy over William and Kate that happened with Diana. I'd think William is probably a bit concerned about it as well.

Much better that they are allowed to keep as low a profile as possible. Sounds like a more remote location is Wales is a good spot for them.


MM
Reply With Quote
  #959  
Old 07-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwestern Mom View Post
I think it must terrify Charles to see what is appearing to be the same media frenzy over William and Kate that happened with Diana. I'd think William is probably a bit concerned about it as well.

Much better that they are allowed to keep as low a profile as possible. Sounds like a more remote location is Wales is a good spot for them.


MM
Indeed. however I believe from what I have seen of the couple they both have some very well screwed on heads. Bully for them!
__________________
"Not MGM, not the press, not anyone can tell me what to do."--Ava Gardner
Reply With Quote
  #960  
Old 07-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwestern Mom View Post
Much better that they are allowed to keep as low a profile as possible. Sounds like a more remote location is Wales is a good spot for them.


MM

But will they be allowed to?

Their Canadian tour was such a huge success that now there's pressure for them to undertake more royal duties.

It's been said William would like to extend his military service, but it's hard to see how he can with these engagements proliferating like dandelions!

And yet, it's also desirable for William and Kate to build on their current popularity for the future. It's important that their people love them, and how are they supposed to do that if William and Kate are holed up in Wales?

Collective memories are short; they need to make hay while the sun shines!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Australia - April 16-25, 2014 Warren The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 768 10-10-2015 11:38 PM
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014 muriel The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 937 01-14-2015 07:32 AM




Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia birth britain britannia british british royal family buckingham palace camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing clarence house colorblindness crown jewels customs doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family life fashion and style gemstones genetics gradenigo harry and meghan hello! henry viii history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs japan japanese imperial family japan history kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos lili mountbatten-windsor list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchist movements monarchists monarchy names nara period plantinum jubilee pless politics prince harry queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal ancestry solomon j solomon spanish royal family st edward sussex suthida tradition unfinished portrait united states of america wales welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×