Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Australia - April 16-25, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hell, many a 30 year old would love to have a tight uplifted bum like Kate's. A wee bit of jealousy might be charging all this fuss over nothing.

Thank you for sharing this cepe. Why should any person be subjected to this type of intrusive photography? If we see a person with toilet paper stuck to their show, zipper or button undone, shouldn't our first reaction be to discreetly call attention to the problem so the wearer is not embarrassed? Why do people go out of their way to photograph women under their dresses or skirts? Snapping pictures of mothers nursing their babies happens as well. It's a gross invasion of privacy.

This is definitely worth reading - its about attacking upskirt pictures, not the person in question. A different perspective from a UK paper which is not misogynistic in tone or casual sexism. And its a women writing this.

Kate Middleton in Bild: We should be outraged by all upskirt pictures - Comment - Voices - The Independent

THANK YOU! This is an excellent article. The especially sad thing here is that the photographer supposedly is a woman ... a double shame IMO. I also may be a cynic but if anyone believes this woman is giving the fee to a charity ... well, I have a bridge to sell you. Furthermore, giving 1% of her fee doesn't count. These pictures are ALL about the money, or in the case of the subway photographer, perversion.

The British lackey media is showing indignation toward the Australian or German or other media. The bad voyeuristic misogynistic society is to blame. It is a usual narrative. The British royal family has to deal with it as just the other royal families do.

This is definitely worth reading - its about attacking upskirt pictures, not the person in question. A different perspective from a UK paper which is not misogynistic in tone or casual sexism. And its a women writing this.

Kate Middleton in Bild: We should be outraged by all upskirt pictures - Comment - Voices - The Independent

If it was only true. The only time when British Magazines don't act reckless is when the BRF are involved (especially the Cambridges), other than that they are the first ones to print all kind of wardrobe malfunctions of anyone and much worse. Now they are pointing the finger at BILD if they were the source of evil, what a joke.

EDIT@Al_bina, just noticed your post, agree 100 %

If it was only true. The only time when British Magazines don't act reckless is when the BRF are involved (especially the Cambridges), other than that they are the first ones to print all kind of wardrobe malfunctions of anyone and much worse. Now they are pointing the finger at BILD if they were the source of evil, what a joke.

EDIT@Al_bina, just noticed your post, agree 100 %

The Independent is not the usual British tabloid trash. IT is a thoughtful, questioning and analytical paper, very good on social issues.

They dont "do" royal stories. This is NOT a royal story - it's about how women are generally treated.

It's an excellent article. What I find funny is the British media won't publish the picture but will publish a article about someone else publishing the pictures.

Thank you for sharing this, Cepe.

While I agree - whole heartedly - with the sentiment being expressed in this article, I think there is a huge difference between someone taking a photo like this one and someone taking an upskirt or downblouse shirt.

People make a lot of comparisons between Kate in these incidences and women who are essentially attacked by photographers are they climb out of a vehicle with the intention of getting a crotch shot, or go around deliberately trying to take pictures up skirts that are not having wind problems. That's where the term comes from; someone is using a camera to take a picture or video up a skirt that is supposed to be hiding a person's private area.

Kate's private area is not being hidden here. She is not being harassed by a photographer who is going out of their way to take a picture of something that isn't being exposed. She has accidentally exposed herself, and someone happened to be taking pictures of her at the time. These people would have been taking pictures of her regardless of her exposed behind. They are not assaulting her in the way that people taking upskirt photos are assaulting their victims.

If Kate were climbing out of a car and someone took a crotch shot of her, I would feel horrified for her. If someone walked up to her with a camera on the ground and took a photo up her skirt, I would be mortified and hope that she sued or pressed charges. That is a form of assault. But someone taking a picture while she struggles with the wind is a different story.

Thank you for sharing this cepe. Why should any person be subjected to this type of intrusive photography? If we see a person with toilet paper stuck to their show, zipper or button undone, shouldn't our first reaction be to discreetly call attention to the problem so the wearer is not embarrassed? Why do people go out of their way to photograph women under their dresses or skirts? Snapping pictures of mothers nursing their babies happens as well. It's a gross invasion of privacy.

:previous: I agree!

This is NOT a royal story - it's about how women are generally treated.

Absolutely spot on, as indeed is the article ...

So disappointing to see so much self righteous 'tut tutting' here in this forum too. Mostly [i note] from other women who often seem to fall over themselves to denigrate and 'do down' other members of their sex !

Absolutely spot on, as indeed is the article ...

So disappointing to see so much self righteous 'tut tutting' here in this forum too. Mostly [i note] from other women who often seem to fall over themselves to denigrate and 'do down' other members of their sex !

Agreed totally. I always find that so ugly

I certainly agree 100%. My take on this entire subject is that most of the pictures taken of Kate in embarrassing situations is done by women.
One must stop and wonder if money is the only issue--maybe jealousy of looks, shape and certainly status in the world could be the great motive of these stalkers.

I hope my mobile app breaks again. Seriously, this is the same discussion over and over and over. ?

Oh, come on...it is a Royal story. It's about how the heir to the heir's wife is unconcerned about her wardrobe malfunctions or she is a blatant attention seeker. If you don't want your personals talked about, don't set yourself up in a full skirted dress with no slip and, perhaps, no underwear when you know you are going to be around a helicopter with rotating blades. Sorry, she must be thick as a brick to continue letting this happen.

Oh, come on...it is a Royal story. It's about how the heir to the heir's wife is unconcerned about her wardrobe malfunctions or she is a blatant attention seeker. If you don't want your personals talked about, don't set yourself up in a full skirted dress with no slip and, perhaps, no underwear when you know you are going to be around a helicopter with rotating blades. Sorry, she must be thick as a brick to continue letting this happen.
You're missing the entire point and calling her an attention seeker is a straight up rude statement to make. It's never okay to photograph people in such sensitive situations but it keeps on happening to women.

So I guess paps taking pictures (with extremely good lenses that take quality shots of extreme distances) of her bare breasts on a private holiday is fine too, in your eyes?

I did not miss the entire point. No photographer could know the opportunity would be there. The offending photo is probably part of a film burn of 100 auto snaps. The reason it took two weeks to find it was because it was buried in thousands of snaps.

She is, IMO, an attention seeker or this would not have been the EIGHTH Marilyn Moment for Kate. EIGHT times, not one, not two...

I'm not talking about women in general, I'm commenting about Kate.

Let's be honest here, there are some people who clearly enjoy these moments because it gives them an opportunity to criticize. Curiously, these people remain silent during those times when Kate is carrying out her duties superbly.

^^^Yes, let's be honest. Any opportunity to criticize someone who doesn't agree with you makes your day. Heck, I'm impressed at every engagement Kate does where her dress doesn't blow up. It's not criticism, it's observation.

And you don't think someone within the family or secretary already addressed her?

I did not miss the entire point. No photographer could know the opportunity would be there. The offending photo is probably part of a film burn of 100 auto snaps. The reason it took two weeks to find it was because it was buried in thousands of snaps.

She is, IMO, an attention seeker or this would not have been the EIGHTH Marilyn Moment for Kate. EIGHT times, not one, not two...

I'm not talking about women in general, I'm commenting about Kate.

If it was buried in tons of snaps, that's where it should've stayed. It took a rather dumb and ignorant person to go and publish that one photo of her dress blowing in the wind. They should've had the decency to not publish that picture. Catherine didn't do anything wrong at all. She held her dress down while getting off the helicopter. It was the photographer that didn't have the common sense to throw the picture out once it was captured. No, the photographer decided to look for an opportunity and publish the picture in a magazine.

It was a dumb thing to do.

No, Catherine isn't an attention seeker. She was on this tour to do her job and she did a fine job at it. Those who want to beat down on her can go right ahead. Catherine will go on doing her job with her head held high and focus on what's important.

Last edited:
^^^Yes, let's be honest. Any opportunity to criticize someone who doesn't agree with you makes your day... [snipped.
Well, there will be a bazaar style lamentation of rabid fans citing jealousy, low-class, stupidity etc of those, who do not share their rosy opinions.

Last edited:
First of all she didn't need to be shy walking down the catwalk, she had on a pretty nightie with underwear underneath, I have seen so much more bare butts, bare breasts walking down Victoria Secrets catwalk, these people let it all hang out, she wasn't indecent during that. I thought the way she wore that outfit was pretty and cute and sexy, no big deal.
Second: she was on private property, and we don't know if the security guards where around there or not........nothing was mentioned of security guards....I would think that security guards won't be hanging around the royal couple every second of the day or night, they could be walking the grounds for all we know. AND MOST OF ALL, IT WAS PRIVATE PROPERTY and there is *no reason on this earth that she can't do that in her home/someone else's private property, that is an invasion of their private time and home/vacation. I don't need to know what they do in the bedroom, yet it seems the media and some of the people of the world want to be there right beside them in the bedroom for they have nothing else better to do with their time.

Don't people realize that the media is force feeding us stuff that is none of our business and we are idiots for falling for it! The media says we need this junk and pictures and all the crappy stuff that they send us.....DO WE?

There is another photo of her in that fashion show which isn't used in media publications in Britain nearly as much as the one with her in the sheer slip and for obvious reason. She is standing in nothing but a white bra and pants with her arm around a hunk in boxer shorts which, I agree, is not sleazy but it is also not something anyone remotely shy could do in a room full of people. I have never bought the wallflower in the tea dress image that has been cultivated since her marriage. I think Kate is a lot tougher and more confident than she sometimes appears and that is why, whilst I do not think she is doing these mistakes on purpose, she seems pretty unaffected by them. Also when I mentioned her sitting naked in France in the eyeshot of security I didn't mean random bodyguards but their Scotland Yard detectives who simply wouldn't be doing their jobs if they couldn't see the royals they guarded at all times, from whatever distance.

Last edited:
The Australian newspaper "The Daily Telegraph" is making sure the general public - who don't follow the Royals all around the internet in their spare time - knows about the Blue Mts photo.

It is in the newspaper again today, Thursday 29th- not pixelated - as well as in yesterday's paper.

A different journalist today - and the article taking up three quarters of the page with only one other article, and the opposite page just an ad.

Most people wouldn't have known about this - though it was covered quite extensively on TV the other day - but they can't not know now, after seeing the photo two days in a row here in Oz.

This is our most popular daily newspaper in NSW.

National newspaper "The Australian" reported it on Tuesday 27th - journalist Michael Morrow - and the two TV shows I saw cover it, (there may have been other channels I didn't watch), are also broadcast nation-wide.

I think if it had "just" been picked up by one of the weekly women's magazines here, a lot of people wouldn't know about it.

But, being in the newspapers and on TV, a lot of the general public are being informed - and indeed getting to see.

Last edited:

Well said.

Time to get those weights installed in your clothes Kate!

You should have learned a long time ago from your trip to Canada. :bang:

The Australian newspaper "The Daily Telegraph" is making sure the general public - who don't follow the Royals all around the internet in their spare time - knows about the Blue Mts photo.

It is in the newspaper again today, Thursday 29th- not pixelated - as well as in yesterday's paper.

A different journalist today - and the article taking up three quarters of the page with only one other article, and the opposite page just an ad.

Most people wouldn't have known about this - though it was covered quite extensively on TV the other day - but they can't not know now, after seeing the photo two days in a row here in Oz.

This is our most popular daily newspaper in NSW.

National newspaper "The Australian" reported it on Tuesday 27th - journalist Michael Morrow - and the two TV shows I saw cover it, (there may have been other channels I didn't watch), are also broadcast nation-wide.

I think if it had "just" been picked up by one of the weekly women's magazines here, a lot of people wouldn't know about it.

But, being in the newspapers and on TV, a lot of the general public are being informed - and indeed getting to see.

It's just silly for the media to go on and on about it. Then again, I guess that's what the photographer and German magazine wanted. I guess they don't have anything important to report on. A windy dress picture give them some thrills and entertainment.

Bored of the story. Maybe Catherine simply doesn't like weights in her dress.

Back
Top Bottom